new user name (if only)

Tony Toon

DIS Veteran
Hi

As suggested here, I re-registered in order to get a new username - with great difficulty and still don't really know how the opportunity to do so arose - by using my son's email address as it wouldn't allow me to use my own. Initially my new name was credited as I logged on, but now I am back as TT and whatever I try I can't log off, which is the problem I had when I first tried to re-register. It just wouldn't allow me to log off so that I wasn't given the opportunity to register in a new name. I'm trapped in my old identity - help! :badpc:

Try clearing all your cookies, that should do it. The cookies are automatically logging you back on.

When you log off it should ask to clear cookies, say yes. It might not ask, or even if you do clear cookies, it still may not work. In that case you'll have to clear all your I.E. cookies. (Tools, Options, Delete Cookies). It's a good idea to delete cookies periodically anyway, but keep in mind this will delete cookies for other sites which also may have automatic log-on's, or personal settings, which you will have to reset when you go back to those sites.

P.S. The DIS only allows one e-mail address. If you want to use your own e-mail address for your new username, do this:
  1. Log on under your old Username
  2. Edit Profile
  3. Change your e-mail address, (just use something fake)
  4. save, and log off
  5. delete cookies
  6. log on using the new username
  7. edit profile
  8. change the e-mail address to the correct one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter