Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

i was able to get pictures of the construction site while i was at RPH.

I'm guessing the value hotels will be under construction for this coming year.
don't know if they will be open in 2014, haven't heard a projected date yet for when they will open.

they won't have express or early entry from what i have heard.

i was able to get pictures of the construction site while i was at RPH.

I'm guessing the value hotels will be under construction for this coming year.
don't know if they will be open in 2014, haven't heard a projected date yet for when they will open.

they won't have express or early entry from what i have heard.

And from what I remember reading someplace....

They won't have express (As obviously the increased guest capacity would break the system).... But there is a good chance they will have Early Entry.

My personal hypothesis is that Universal, upon the completion of this hotel, Will end up eliminating the existing Partner Hotel program which allows Early Entry with certain nearby off-site properties. They will then offer the Early entry and the new hotel as the likely net increase in guest capacity will likely be nothing between the new hotel and the removal of the partner hotels.

As what i heard about the new hotels, early entry was not in the picture.

One of the hotels, as rumors go, will be similar to the extended stay set ups, which would be good for larger families.

And from what I remember reading someplace....

They won't have express (As obviously the increased guest capacity would break the system).... But there is a good chance they will have Early Entry.

My personal hypothesis is that Universal, upon the completion of this hotel, Will end up eliminating the existing Partner Hotel program which allows Early Entry with certain nearby off-site properties. They will then offer the Early entry and the new hotel as the likely net increase in guest capacity will likely be nothing between the new hotel and the removal of the partner hotels.

That would be my guess as well. And with the new rides going in at USF, there would be early admission to both parks.

I think in order to make this hotel a go, it needs to have at least the EE perk.

I did not read that you could pool hop if staying at the Value resort, or maybe i missed it, but why allow pool hopping from a Value resort to deluxe resort. If this was the case i might consider staying there, and booking into RPR or 1 of the others when we decided to do the parks for the FOTL passes for 1 or 2 nights

Does anyone know what the new resort will look like? Is it going to be a value hotel or more of the really nicer upscale like the 3 in existence?

We already have a thread on this subject.

I'm going to combine the two.

Time to re-stick this thread.

People have to stay somewhere. If the new resort is priced right like an off-site this is a smart move for Universal.

I would love to see a HP themed resort too but that would likely cost big bucks and the resort would end up with deluxe pricing.

I won't be staying at this resort either but I'm not their target guest.

I just hope they have some cool pools and we can hop to them! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Yep HP themed hotel at Hogwarts would be super cool. I would love to see a Jurassic Park one too. I really don't get the whole not including fast passes, it better be way cheaper if that's the case.

I understand that if it really is a "value" resort that it couldn't be super elaborately themed. And the 50s retro would not be my first choice, but I see cool side to it, think Las Vegas the Flamingo (The first one like in the movie Bugsy) kinda cool. But I will not stay there unless the rooms are super cheap. If they are anywhere near close to RP prices I would always pick RP or Portofino. I do not think the hotel would be successful unless the prices really do reflect the fact that it looks pretty "value" ish.

I do think they need to do another project like this with a 5th hotel with a walk way that is another well themed hotel, like HP or JP or something really elaborate. They really need to do that really bad. I would love to see a hotel all done up similar to Mythos or the Lost Continent in general, with ruins everywhere. :worship:

Well I am new to these boards, but not new to Orlando.

I for one am hoping to stay in this hotel for a few nights at the start of our trip next year before moving to a townhouse for a few weeks. We will be arriving end of October, I am not interested in Express Passes but do want early entry to WWoHP, I can't justify the cost of RPR or HRH, specially since the Express passes would be waste at that time (wish there was a cheaper option to stay at one of those without the Express Pass). I am not too bothered about the theming, a HP hotel would be amazing but out of our price range, so as long as it is clean and comfortable for a family of 5/6 and the pool is good and not too busy I'll be happy.

I was just coming here to post the same thing!! It wasn't there last night since I was checking prices last night..No dates coming up at all yet though

The new hotel is showing up on the loews reservation site! Go to the normal and click on the "Select Hotel" drop down - Cabana Bay is now listed, and you can also pick "All four destinations". Can't find any dates it has availability for though.

I've just gone on for my dates in 2014, admittedly arrival 23rd October 2014, it's giving me availability and prices for 2a 3c....

$189 per night Tower Family Suite (430sq ft)
$189 per night Courtyard Family Suite (430sq ft)
$199 per night Courtyard Family Suite poolside
$209 per night Tower Family Suite poolside

I've just gone on for my dates in 2014, admittedly arrival 23rd October 2014, it's giving me availability and prices for 2a 3c....

Just out of curiousity...what was the royal pacific standard room for the same time period/ # of nights?

Oooh! Not bad at all!!!

RPR is $259 for those nights for a standard room. Standard room at Cabana bay is $134.

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booki...=10/24/2014&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

If you click on room descriptions it gives a little room layout.

UECBB_TFS2Q_1.jpg
UECBB_STD2Q_1.jpg

Here's the description:

The 430 sq. ft. Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful decor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TV’s, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

So 2 queens in one room, presumably sofabed in the other room, and a large bathroom. I hope those are doors separating the 3 parts of the bathroom - you'd have to be a very close family to use all 3 sections at once otherwise.

Here's the description:

The 430 sq. ft. Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful decor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TV’s, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

So 2 queens in one room, presumably sofabed in the other room, and a large bathroom. I hope those are doors separating the 3 parts of the bathroom - you'd have to be a very close family to use all 3 sections at once otherwise.

I would prefer 2 sleeper chairs to one sofa bed, my kids hate sharing a bed and don't sleep very well together. The bathroom not a problem for us as the kids are still young so don't tend to close doors yet anyway, but with older kids it looks a bit cramped and those doors get in the way, sliding/bifold doors would be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!