New Tow Vehicle, new headache.....

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Well today went to move the travel trailer with the new vehicle and found a problem. The new truck has a 2.5 inch receiver mounted on the back. Inserted the adapter, inserted the hitch and that is when it struck.
The hitch pins are not long enough to fit thru. Have to go purchase extra long hitch pins, always like a spare. Glad we were not going camping just a maintenance move. Better to find out now.

Ha ha. When I traded my 08 in on my 11 I had the same problem. Had to get a 2.5 to 2.0 adapter for all my old receivers to fit. The pins I had were long enough.

j

Yup I had the same problem when I traded up from my 02 F250 to my 08 F450. I bought the 2.5 adapter from Walmart and it works but is too short and when I use it with my receiver, it always brings out my best French,:furious:

I got lucky, my 2014 f-250 had the adapter and pins in a storage compartment under the rear seat. I guess the previous owner forgot about it. Lucky for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!