new to the pin trading

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by janiney08, Jul 11, 2013.

1. janiney08

janiney08 Earning My Ears

HI all! I'm pretty new to the pin trading thing, just started on my trip 2 years ago, grabbed some mystery pins and away i went! Had a blast looking for anything muppets! I'm excited to continue to collect on our honeymoon in October! My husband's family is going to be there the same time so we plan on spending some time together and I wanted to get our neice who is 4 started too. What is the cheapest way to buy pins? I see some on the disney store site 5 for 26.95 is this the best deal? I don't remember how much they were at the parks and I know how into pins people are so i need your expertise!
    Thanks for your help! :wave2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. supe3

supe3 Earning My Ears

we are new to the it too. we brought out first pins on amazon. I think we paid like 27 bucks for 50. you dont get to pick your pins but it is cheep way to start you out.

4. SweetStitch13

SweetStitch13 Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I were JUST talking about doing this the other day -- we're going to do some research on trusted amazon sellers and buy a starter set from there that we can trade in the parks. Usually the only ones I actually pay for on the Disney site are the ones that I like too much to trade :rotfl:

5. supe3

supe3 Earning My Ears

we orded from two diffrent places on amazon one, was from the US, and the other from China, both were good, china just takes a while to get here

6. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

Pins from China are most likely scrappers, that's the problem buying from Amazon or eBay. You can use the Disney Store site and look for pins on clearance, you can also use the thread linked in my signature for good sellers on eBay. Best of luck and have fun trading!

7. SweetStitch13

SweetStitch13 Earning My Ears

Thanks for that link -- that's going to be really helpful!

8. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

9. BruinEd03

BruinEd03 Earning My Ears

I've generally had good results from mousepinsonline.com. Get the grab bags for the best prices -- then use them as traders. If you do get a scrapper, he will generally send you a replacement.