New to DisBoards and would like some advice

MET270

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, my wife and I will be going to WDW Aug 1-8, we are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and will be staying at POR. Any advice or tips as far as what area to stay in, how to request a certain area, etc....
This will be our 3rd trip to WDW together, once at the Swan and our honeymoon at AKL. Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone, my wife and I will be going to WDW Aug 1-8, we are celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and will be staying at POR. Any advice or tips as far as what area to stay in, how to request a certain area, etc....
This will be our 3rd trip to WDW together, once at the Swan and our honeymoon at AKL. Thank you in advance.

First Of All...:welcome: You will want to check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063960
When you make your reservation, you can add a room request. you can also call with your rerservation # to add a request if you have already booked your trip! Enjoy!

This is the POR website mentioned earlier. The website is easier to navigate than a Disboard thread. http://www.portorleans.org/

The main thing you would decide is whether to stay in Alligator Bayou or the Mansions. It's your personal choice. Look at the pics and see what appeals to you, then make a request. When we checked-in, we reminded them of our preference. If you want river view, or garden view, or preferred building, you should find info on that between the Disboard thread and the website. Also, make sure to check out POFQ. Perhaps you don't want to stay there but it's a sister resort to POR, you can stroll there in 15 min. Their food court offerings are different. They also have a different live entertainer Weds-Sat. You can take the boat between POR and POFQ, and of course, continue on to DTD, which is the best perk for staying at POR/POFQ. It's my favorite two resorts, so I hope you have a wonderful stay.

Thank you all for the links and advice! 132 days to go!!! Cannot wait!

We prefer the mansion section, love magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. I make my request when I make my reservation. In making requests keep it down to 3 or under, and list according to importance.
My request would look like this:
Location close to old man island bridge, upper floor.

I book a GV room, because I don't want to be in the back by parking lot. But also don't want to pay for a water/river view, as moderates don't have balconies to sit out in and enjoy the view. It's a personal pref.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter