New to Disboard, we are 21 yrs old.

fbbcb1122

Earning My Ears
Okay, so my girlfriend and I are planning to go to Disney World in Florida for our 2 year dating anniversary in May ( I know far off but figure start now ). We will both be 21 when we get there, we are from Pittsburgh, PA, we have both been there twice with each of our families, but this time we are flying solo. We are AAA members, but we wanna know what is gonna be the cheapest way to get down there and stay for a week. Our budget is looking to cap off around $3000-$3500. We do want to stay on the Disney property. We also want to know what are some fun things for us to do as a couple, and as 21 yr olds.
So here are some topics:
Tickets, Park hopper, where should we buy them?
Hotels, best for our age and Budget.
Stuff to do for 21 yr olds in Disney.
Restaurants to eat at, is the dining deal worth getting, if so I've heard rumors of free dining deals that Disney runs sometimes, if these are true any idea how they work?
Airfare... Dreaded airfare, best flights and times to arrive and leave. We are coming from Pittsburgh Pa remember. And should we take the free shuttle or pay for the Cadilac pick up?
Finally, I know it's not best to plan everything out before we get there, but am I forgetting anything important?!

Thank you so much for any help in advance.

P.s. I have Disney tattoos on my back,(alot including Walt & Mickey holding hands, a Lady and the Tramp "Tramp Stamp", and a bunch of other bigger named movie scenes) does anyone think there are discounts for that?

Okay, so my girlfriend and I are planning to go to Disney World in Florida for our 2 year dating anniversary in May ( I know far off but figure start now ). We will both be 21 when we get there, we are from Pittsburgh, PA, we have both been there twice with each of our families, but this time we are flying solo. We are AAA members, but we wanna know what is gonna be the cheapest way to get down there and stay for a week. Our budget is looking to cap off around $3000-$3500. We do want to stay on the Disney property. We also want to know what are some fun things for us to do as a couple, and as 21 yr olds.
So here are some topics:
Tickets, Park hopper, where should we buy them?
Hotels, best for our age and Budget.
Stuff to do for 21 yr olds in Disney.
Restaurants to eat at, is the dining deal worth getting, if so I've heard rumors of free dining deals that Disney runs sometimes, if these are true any idea how they work?
Airfare... Dreaded airfare, best flights and times to arrive and leave. We are coming from Pittsburgh Pa remember. And should we take the free shuttle or pay for the Cadilac pick up?
Finally, I know it's not best to plan everything out before we get there, but am I forgetting anything important?!

Thank you so much for any help in advance.

P.s. I have Disney tattoos on my back,(alot including Walt & Mickey holding hands, a Lady and the Tramp "Tramp Stamp", and a bunch of other bigger named movie scenes) does anyone think there are discounts for that?

Your best bet to save money but still get the Disney experience is to stay at one of the value resorts. This will include your park hoppers which will be the best bang for your buck including EMH. DEFINITELY take the disney shuttle. There is no need to rent a car if you aren't going anywhere off property... and definitely no need to get a driver to pick you up on a budget. You need to set some dates ASAP so you can start making dinner reservations. You can make them up to 180 days in advance. Anywhere and everywhere is good to eat... just depends on what kind of food you prefer.

file.php

Welcome to Dis Boards fbbcb1122 :wave2:

Stuff to do for 21 yr olds in Disney:

Jelly Rolls and Atlanic Dance Hall
Drink around the world!

Hi and welcome!

"Early""??? Not at all. We're going in August 2014, and I've already alerted our travel agent.

Here goes:

Tickets, Park hopper, where should we buy them? We always do, we like the flexibility. But you could certainly hold off, keep the money set aside, and buy them only if you need them once you're there. They'll cost the same whether you buy them on day 1 or day 10. I'm going to disagree with a previous poster-- to the best of my knowledge, Park hoppers are NOT included for the price of a stay at a Value (or any of the Disney resorts) -- no park tickets are. But you can get a Magic Your Way package that includes it, with or without the dining plan.

Hotels, best for our age and Budget. Each of the Disney resorts is different from the others. But the most budget friendly are the Value resorts: All Star Music, Movies and Sports, and Pop Century. Take a look at the fact sheets and slide shows at www.allears.net to get an idea of which appeals most to you.

Stuff to do for 21 yr olds in Disney. Well, for starters, there are the 4 parks. There's also Disney Quest, kind of an arcarde on steriods. You could get tickets to the Hoop De Do Revue (think Christmas/ birthday present if you want) or to Cirque de Solei. And there's always shopping at Downtown Disney. And you can rent a boat at any of the marinas, or a Water Sprite I think they're called. Oh, and the boardwalk is supposed to be fun, we still haven't found the time to explore it.

Restaurants to eat at, is the dining deal worth getting, if so I've heard rumors of free dining deals that Disney runs sometimes, if these are true any idea how they work? We love the dining plan, though lots of people don't. I love that it's pre-paid and that I don't have to consider costs while I'm there. The deal you're talking about is free dining, but it's more frequently offered in September than in May.

As to restaurants, some I think you'll enjoy are Chef Mickeys, Sci Fi Diner, Cape May Cafe, Coral Reef, Yak and Yetti... there are so many!!! Take a look at the menus and decide. The Dining forum here will also help you.

Airfare... Dreaded airfare, best flights and times to arrive and leave. We are coming from Pittsburgh Pa remember. And should we take the free shuttle or pay for the Cadilac pick up?I always book our August trips between Christmas and New Years. Last year we paid about $250 per person round trip from JFK. Start going to Kayak.com and seeing what the prices look like. And hit the travel forum here to see what's typical from the Pittsburgh area, and when you would be best off booking. I always book Wednesday to Wednesday; as teachers flying in the summer we have that flexibility. I think we get good prices and, at the very least, check in is less crowded. And I always book an early flight down and a late flight back (5pmish, so my kids aren't totally exhausted when we get in.) But don't pay for a limo if you're on a budget; Disney's Magical Express is great!!!

Why not consider working with a Disney Certified Travel agent? When we worked with AAA travel, we never really got an agent who knew more than I did. I love our agent with Dreams Unlimited, she's a huge help Other well known agencies that specialize in Disney include Small World Travel, Ears to You, and Laughing Place Travel.

Have fun planning, and have a fabulous trip!!!

Thank you so much Alice! The park hopper information will save a ton of money!!!
Have you heard anything about the art of animation hotel? But I will check out that fact sheet looks helpful! I'm sure I'll be in Disney quest and she will be all over downtown Disney. The boating also sounds great, I had no idea they offered something like that! And the Sci Fi Diner will also be mine, but I think we'll both enjoy the Reef and Yetti restaurants. Definitly going wednesday to wednesday for airfare, it is cheaper everywhere! And my Girlfriend is studying to be a teacher so that schedule works out for her too! I'll check out dreams Unlimited too! Is there any referal program there? Thank you so much for all the great ideas and links!

Your best bet to save money but still get the Disney experience is to stay at one of the value resorts. This will include your park hoppers which will be the best bang for your buck including EMH. DEFINITELY take the disney shuttle. There is no need to rent a car if you aren't going anywhere off property... and definitely no need to get a driver to pick you up on a budget. You need to set some dates ASAP so you can start making dinner reservations. You can make them up to 180 days in advance. Anywhere and everywhere is good to eat... just depends on what kind of food you prefer.

Alright!! Taking the shuttle! And we can't decide what we are gonna have for dinner at 5:00 let alone 180 days in advance haha! But I think we are gonna forsure make some reservations and do some impromptu dining. I heard a Sci Fi restaurant mentioned... Reservation has been made! Thank you so much for the ideas!

P.s. Were you married in Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!