New to DCL

UrlGirl54

Earning My Ears
My BF and I will be sailing October 19, on the Wonder, to the Caribbean. This is or first cruise and of course, first cruise with Disney. I've done a ton of research so far, but any tips or tricks I should know?? I try to be as informed as possible when vacationing.

Well, you have come to the right place for help..My biggest suggestion is to keep a note pad next to your computer and jot down anything or everything you THINK you might need to know, from how to get to port to making special tees shirts for the cruise. Read as much as you can from here..I just ordered Birnbaum Guide to Disney Cruise line...it's full of info. During your reading I am sure you will have questions for clairfication..Remember no question is silly or dumb...we have all been in your shoes at one time or the other..That's my 2 cents worth...I am sure I will think of other things as I sit here and ponder my 2nd Disney cruise..if I do, I will post them...

noahdove said:
Well, you have come to the right place for help..My biggest suggestion is to keep a note pad next to your computer and jot down anything or everything you THINK you might need to know, from how to get to port to making special tees shirts for the cruise. Read as much as you can from here..I just ordered Birnbaum Guide to Disney Cruise line...it's full of info. During your reading I am sure you will have questions for clairfication..Remember no question is silly or dumb...we have all been in your shoes at one time or the other..That's my 2 cents worth...I am sure I will think of other things as I sit here and ponder my 2nd Disney cruise..if I do, I will post them...

Great, thank you!

1. Pack a carry-on bag containing items you’ll need access to (since your luggage will not be at your state room when you board the ship) such as swimsuits, sunscreen, etc.

2. Make your reservations right when your window opens (ie. port excursions, dining reservations, etc.) including checking in.

3. Depending on how hungry you are when you board the ship, have lunch then take a tour of the ship. If you’re not too hungry, tour then eat!

4. We brought our own bottled water with us. This was nice to have when you were thirsty at night or in the morning but didn’t want to head up on deck to get a glass.

Lastly, there's a ton of good information here that will help you plan for your trip so search and ask away. Have fun on your trip!

disbride713 said:
1. Pack a carry-on bag containing items you’ll need access to (since your luggage will not be at your state room when you board the ship) such as swimsuits, sunscreen, etc.

2. Make your reservations right when your window opens (ie. port excursions, dining reservations, etc.) including checking in.

3. Depending on how hungry you are when you board the ship, have lunch then take a tour of the ship. If you’re not too hungry, tour then eat!

4. We brought our own bottled water with us. This was nice to have when you were thirsty at night or in the morning but didn’t want to head up on deck to get a glass.

Lastly, there's a ton of good information here that will help you plan for your trip so search and ask away. Have fun on your trip!

Thank you, thank you! Those are great tips!

Take a clear show holder to help organize your stuff in the cabins. That was the biggest lifesaver ever and we now use it for our camper as well! We put all of our meds (Tylenol, tums...), hair ties, brushes and anything we wanted easy access to in there.

Order warm cookies at night and milk. They are huge so one per person is enough. We love cookies and ordered 2 or person the first night and I was so thankful for the easy access to tums!

Bring a highlighter for the navigator. There is so much to do each day, each hour you can easily lose track.

Join the FE group. It added so much to our trip and was worth every dime we spent and all the energy we put into making the other stuff. I was worried that I wouldn't get out of it what I put into it. I got so much more and so did hubby and my girls.

owigotprcd said:
Take a clear show holder to help organize your stuff in the cabins. That was the biggest lifesaver ever and we now use it for our camper as well! We put all of our meds (Tylenol, tums...), hair ties, brushes and anything we wanted easy access to in there.

Order warm cookies at night and milk. They are huge so one per person is enough. We love cookies and ordered 2 or person the first night and I was so thankful for the easy access to tums!

Bring a highlighter for the navigator. There is so much to do each day, each hour you can easily lose track.

Join the FE group. It added so much to our trip and was worth every dime we spent and all the energy we put into making the other stuff. I was worried that I wouldn't get out of it what I put into it. I got so much more and so did hubby and my girls.

Awesome!! Do you think it's alright to join the FE, even though we won't have any kids with us? I definitely want to.

See if there is a "Meet Group" for your particular sail date and make some new friends before the cruise! You'll get to know each other over the coming months and when you finally get to physically see each other,you'll feel like long,lost relatives.

Also, that is how you get involved the the Fish Extender. You don't have to have kiddos to get in it...we don't and we've planning DCL cruise #4 with about 50 or 60 "Relatives" for July of '14.

Just have fun!

dahuffy said:
See if there is a "Meet Group" for your particular sail date and make some new friends before the cruise! You'll get to know each other over the coming months and when you finally get to physically see each other,you'll feel like long,lost relatives.

Also, that is how you get involved the the Fish Extender. You don't have to have kiddos to get in it...we don't and we've planning DCL cruise #4 with about 50 or 60 "Relatives" for July of '14.

Just have fun!

Wonderful, thanks for the advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter