New To Cruzin' - Nov. 10-17-07~Part 3, after a long break

Hey Buf,

You haven't posted in a while, I just wanted to check in to see if everything was okay. Hope all is well. 8 Days left!!

Michele

Hey Phelpsie,
Things are going ok i guess....kinda having some difficulty. DH still doesn't want to go, we've been arguing a lot about it. I still feel like he'll give in, so i'm just going to pack like we are going. It's just so hard because there are a lot of family issues (that i can't really go into on here). I'm planning on tonight sitting down with him and showing him what i have planned and getting his input. We might change from doing the trunk bay excursion and just use that money for spa treatments :p DH wants a head/neck massage of some sort, i was suggesting the fragapani scalp treatment to him in order to save cash :p I was hoping maybe Dmom will surprise us with a massage or something, but right now i'm concentrating on getting DH to go, even if he doesn't want to. His exact reasons: 1)Dmom, 2)seasickness and 3)money, even though we don't have to pay for any of it now. 2 is taken care of by bonine, but he doesn't believe it will work *sigh* and i'm not sure how to get him over 1, but i'm trying.

Hey Phelpsie,
Things are going ok i guess....kinda having some difficulty. DH still doesn't want to go, we've been arguing a lot about it. I still feel like he'll give in, so i'm just going to pack like we are going. It's just so hard because there are a lot of family issues (that i can't really go into on here). I'm planning on tonight sitting down with him and showing him what i have planned and getting his input. We might change from doing the trunk bay excursion and just use that money for spa treatments :p DH wants a head/neck massage of some sort, i was suggesting the fragapani scalp treatment to him in order to save cash :p I was hoping maybe Dmom will surprise us with a massage or something, but right now i'm concentrating on getting DH to go, even if he doesn't want to. His exact reasons: 1)Dmom, 2)seasickness and 3)money, even though we don't have to pay for any of it now. 2 is taken care of by bonine, but he doesn't believe it will work *sigh* and i'm not sure how to get him over 1, but i'm trying.

Once he is on the ship all will be forgotten!!

Plus you ARE the Eastern sailing prior to ours....sooooooooo we expect a detailed report!!!

Hey Phelpsie,

Buf, sorry to hear its been so tough for you the past week. I hope that your talk last night made your DH feel better. As to the seasickness, does he get carsick? I did a trial run with the bonine on a longer car trip and it really did work. You could have him do a trial run in the car to see if it works for him. Just make sure that he takes it according to the directions - I think you have to take it an hour before you travel. As for your Dmom, you don't have to spend much time with her - remind him that he has friends on board besides you - all of us disers! :thumbsup2

I don't have any other advice, but I hope that it all works out. Keep me posted.

Michele

Hope all is going well. I'm sure once you are onboard things will "magically" work out. Remember, family is important :grouphug: and after all your family has gone through this year, I think it is important for all of you to pull together. I'm sure much of the difficulty has to do with your loss. Try to relax and enjoy the time and also make it special for your little sis, she is awful young to have had such a loss.

Here's hoping everything works out and you all have a great time.

thanks for the support guys. DH decided to not wait for me and head up to his mom's last night for a visit with his sister and her bf....so now he knows what it's like to spend a night without me, he'll refuse to spend a week! lol

I need help!!! I'm packing and doing laundry and packing some more, but i'm not sure which outfit would be better for formal night:
One:
101_1210.jpg

101_1207.jpg

OR

Two:
101_1211.jpg

101_1216.jpg

PLEASE i need opinions like 2 days ago :p lol

I'd go with the black skirt outfit for formal night and the other for semi formal night! :thumbsup2

I'd go with the black skirt outfit for formal night and the other for semi formal night! :thumbsup2

I like the black & red for formal night also! We are cruising with you all on 11/10 too! I've read about the difficulties you are having, and once you get on the boat I am sure all will be fine. I understand about the familt stuff. My mom passed away 2 years ago and it changed the whole family dynamic. As much as you want to all pull together, sometimes you end up pulling away. But, I am happy to say that after 2 years , things are starting to turn around. So, maybe this cruise will be a turning point for you all.

Only 6 more days! See you on the Magic!:goodvibes

:cheer2: Me (34) :woohoo: DH (34)
princess: DD (7) pirate: DS (3) :angel: DS (5 months)

I'm pretty sure now that i'm going to wear the black and red for formal. My semi-formal I already have planned. It's a brown crunchy skirt (aka you can fold it and the more wrinkled it is the better it looks) with a cream shirt with a little knit brown shrug over it that ties with brown ribbon it's really pretty.

DH is bribing me. He's saying if i do this or that for him then he MIGHT go. He's going, even if i have to clunk him over the head and drag him onto that plane! lol

I've got most of our laundry done, so now i just have to figure out what to pack for HIM (he's very stubborn and won't tell me what he wants to wear with what grr!)

I talked to Dmom today, and depending on how the talk with Dsis goes we may just hang around the day we get to MCO. We WERE going to MK, but I told her i'd rather eat at o'hanas and watch the fireworks from the poly (something we've never done before).

I'm watchin the UM vs. MSU game and praying that we can make up 10 points in 7.5 mins, but our lead rusher AND starting QB are hurtin. The QB is limping really badly right now, so it may be up to a freshman to win the game for us *sigh*...7.5 mins to go (i'm a UM alumnus, so i'm praying)

Oh man, freshie is in, fumbles, and our leading rusher was back in so he picked it up and got a 1st down....yay!

So i was thinking through everything, and I really think I've already started to overpack myself! lol

I realized that I have two pretty tank tops that I would probably wear out on a normal day, but then i can ALSO wear them to dinner! lol Tank tops are ok right? Specifically they have pretty beading/lace on the top and bottom that make them stand out. I'd probably end up wearing them with a nice jean skirt, or with my handkerchief skirt, depends on the mood. Maybe I should have DH take some pictures of me in them to show off :p This way I can pack fewer tshirts :p I already have in my head what DH will need, it's just a matter of packing him up and getting him to cooperate. I need him to help me decide shirts he wants to wear with his shorts. I DID get him to answer that his swim trunks will probably be worn every day and that I don't need to worry about packing other shorts :p He has a tendancy to wear them anyways as everyday shorts, so that makes me happy :)

The sad thing is that due to the weather he and i both have a tingle in our throats....but i think i'm going to go get some vitamin C candy and make us both wolf it down to boost our immune system. It could just be that we both drank a little last night, sometimes that makes us both feel this way :p

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your pre-cruise report. You said on our cruise thread that we're not stopping by to visit, so I just wanted to let you know that we are here. Look forward to seeing you with your HAPPY family in 6 days.

Lauri

lol thanks lauri. I knew some people were around, but wanted to post our picture for those that didn't stop by and say hi :P

HEY! only a few days to go! I'm so excited. We are just days away now. I still need to pack like a bagillion things, but my proposal is done and I just have to edit it a little. I still have class tomorrow, but that's super easy. I'm so excited!

Ok, so the other day at this hallmark store I saw this webkins animal that looked EXACTLY like my puppy. I told DH and he bought it for me! He just gave it to me today. I'm so excited. She's goign to travel with us ont he cruise and we'll be sure to take some pictures of baby gracie on the trip :p here she is with her big sister and mommy:

101_1251.jpg

and here she is on our desk so you can see her better:
101_1252.jpg

aren't they adorable?!

Only 38 hours and we'll be on our flight to Florida!

Going to be following the trip report.....the eastern prior to ours!!

O.K.....now you all at port....how bout that trip report!!!!

sadly i had like NO internet access on the ship (it cost far too much!) We just got in really late last night so i'm going to start pulling stuff off my camera and putting things together to start writing. Sorry I couldn't get on here to start it during the cruise lamp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter