New to Atkins....a few ??s

DisneyMissey

Earning My Ears
I'm just starting Atkins, and I was wondering about SF candy, such as the SF russell Stover's candy or other sugar-free chocolate at the grocery store or elsewhere......I don't have any weight to lose, but am doing Atkins to eat better and stop my addiction to sweets......So, I'm trying to eat under 60g of carbs a day....would SF candy be alright???

Sugar free candy should be fine. BUT be careful -- the sugar alcohols have a major laxative effect on many people.
:eek:

If you're low-carbing to break an addiction to sweets, you really aren't going to be doing yourself any favors by switching to sugar-free sweets. Know what I mean?

You'd be much better off sticking to whole, "real" foods... fresh protein, veggies, low-glycemic fruits, whole grains. After a while, you won't even crave sweets. And strawberries will taste super sweet without anything on them.

For those time you absolutely HAVE to have some chocolate, etc., have one or two of the small sugar-free peanut butter cups, or a pecan cluster or something, but try to avoid them whenever possible. You don't want to replace one addiction with another! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter