New storm forming

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bonnielynn, Sep 5, 2007.

1. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

Is anyone who is leaving this weekend concerned about the new storm that is brewing off the coast? Our first cruise, and I am a bit concerned...:sick:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GrumpyAndPrincess

GrumpyAndPrincess Earning My Ears

Which one are you talking about. The one off the coast of the Carolinas?

4. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

We fly to Orlando Saturday and sail on Sunday. I'm a little worried. Most forecasts have it going up the coast, and not to wish anything bad on them, but I hope it stays away from Florida!

I guess all we can do is watch and wait...

5. Hobbitmomma

Hobbitmomma Frodo Lives

We cruised last year during TS Ernesto and it didn't really disrupt us. It made for a little shorter visit to Castaway Cay, (it started pouring around 3:30 so we all had to board a little earlier than we might have otherwise.) and we had some choppy seas on our last night. The captains are really good at finding calm waters and sunny skies. Relax and enjoy.

6. Selket

Selket <font color=blue>Yes I AM being whiney about not g

FLHurricane has a board with people tracking this disturbance they call 99L. It looks like there is still a lot of uncertainty over what it will do, if anything. It is more a board for reading than posting unless you are a weather pro: http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=77744&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

This site has good info on it too: http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=778&tstamp=200709

I had heard/read earlier today that they were going to fly a plane into it sometime today. Not sure if I got that right. Maybe it will give more info.

Hope it blows away for you guys!

7. allicat

allicat <font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>

A few weeks ago, I was in the same position you are-worrying about the hurricane affecting our cruise. My advice is to not panic, the weather changes so quickly.The storm turned and didnt affect us in the least, except for some higher seas on the first night. You wil cruise no matter what, the itinerary could possibly be changed. You will have a wonderful time!

8. Aisling

Aisling <font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your

9. drclaws

drclaws I'd rather be Mousing!

Hi bonnielynn We're on the same cruise as you and while we're watching it, from what it looks like we should be fine. Most computer models have it far enough north of the Port that we shouldn't be affected. Only one has it approaching NE Florida before turning north.

Cocoa Beach forecast for Saturday? 92 and Mostly SUNNY!!!

10. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Just hope your flights are not planned for the day of the cruise!

11. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

Yeah... that sounds fantastic...

12. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

:scared1: It is... We leave at 6:40am.. and arrive at 8 something... :scared1:
    I am a bit concerned, but watching!!