New Signup Deal Prepaid "Serve" from AMEX

Cyndy

Pixie Dust Provider
Thanks to Frugal Confessions-Frugal living for passing on the MoneySavingMom
tip for a $50 prepaid debit card for $25. Not only did I get a free $25 matching contribution to the card, but there are no monthly fees, no activation fees, and no maintenance fees involved (unless you use a credit card to fund the $25)!

I have mine...I'll be using it for the special things that I love to surprise my grandkids with on vacation next spring....and I'll have saved it all so no bills when I get home :cool1: Plus I can load it onto my Passbook and never dig for a card!

Hope it works for you the deal is going on between now and December 31st!

is this thru amex? or another company? I am confused.....

thanks for the link, did some research,it's an amex company thing...looks like a paypal-like card....

signed up, linked a card and added $25.00. My account now shows $50.00 so i guess it worked. When i get the card (approx 2 weeks) i'll try to buy gas and let you all know if it worked.

How long did it take for the free $25 to show up? I signed up on Sunday they had to verify the bank acount I linked it to. Thats was done today and I just put in $25 but it does not show the bonus $25. Any idea when that might show up?
Thanks

Got my card today. Sure enough, when I activated it, it had $50 on it! I haven't tried to use it yet, but it did show up as an ad on this website, so it has to be good right? :cool1: I will take a free $25 any day! Now to get one for hubby!

I filled out the form, but now it is asking me to link it to a bank account? Did you link it or wait until the card came in the mail?

Dawn

I didn't link a bank account. I just put my $25 up from another credit card. They didn't charge a fee (even though it says they can).

Thanks for posting this one.
I am pretty happy that I found about it.:dance3:

I decided to get one of these for each of my older kids. The first one that I took out in my name credited the extra $25 right away. The second one I took out in my DH's name and it still hasn't given me the extra money.

I think the problem might be because I vaguely remember a long time back American Express had already set him up with a Serve account and linked it to our Amex card. So maybe it is for new customers only or maybe they will only give one per household. Or maybe I'll eventually get that extra $25. I doubt it but maybe.

Either way, it is a good deal. Thanks.

I did this about two months ago; Verizon was running the same deal.

A free $25 in your pocket at this time of year is definitely a good thing!

done and done! took about a week,now I have $50 for my $25! thanks for posting!:cool1:

So there are no fees at all, even if I wait a few months until our trip to use it? Can I cancel it after that? I don't like having it linked to my bank account.

Sounds too good to be true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter