New Ships Sailing Where?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyStarWisher, Mar 15, 2009.

1. DisneyStarWisher

DisneyStarWisher Love My DVC!!!

Have they said where the new ships will sail? Will they be used for 3/4 day Bahama cruises, 7-day Caribbean cruises, or solely for Mediterranean cruises?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyCruiser83

DisneyCruiser83 You jump, I jump, Jack!

The information has not been relesed yet, but they will be based in Port Canavral. There has been speculation that the Magic will go to the west coast, but nothing has been confirmed.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

On our Feb. cruise, Captain Henry said that they were planning to do west coast cruises and specifically mentioned Alaska, Hawaii, and Mexico (in the sense on "in development" when the new ships are available). We do know that the new ships will be based at Port Canaveral and that they will be too big to go thru the Panama Canal.

5. antici_PATION

antici_PATION Mouseketeer

I was going to say I would like to see (eventually) a land and sea package that sees one of the ships sailing to the Disney Resort in Hawaii - That would be wicked!:worship: :cheer2:

6. RanCan

RanCan DIS Veteran

Speaking on behalf of all the Disney fans along the west coast...."BRING ON THE MAGIC" full time out here in So Cal. Land and Sea with the two Disney parks out here.....or..... Hawaii, Alaska on Disney would be awesome!!!!

7. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

On the big blue wet thing!!

I beleive that DCL has to have them (the new ships) sail out of Port Canaveral for quite a while - that was a concession to the Port for Disney strong arming them for a great cruise terminal.

8. awoltoday

awoltoday swabbie

Right!
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1759733
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/15641623/detail.html

9. mindy327

mindy327 DIS Veteran

I second this one! Having a ship 380 miles away and no airplane flights required is much more doable, than flying the 4 of us across country! I would love to have a ship in my next door. (From Arizona) This would be sooo fabulous. I cant wait.

10. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

I thought I read somewhere that Alaska was definitely OUT. Am I confused? Was I dreaming this? lol!:goodvibes

11. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

i was told by an employee that the magic and wonder could not do alaska as they were not built for that kind of terain. since the two new ones are supposed to curise out of p.c. i think alaska is probably out.
    what ever happend to the rumor of a ship based in england??:confused3

12. MousseauMob

MousseauMob DIS Veteran

I don't think it's definitely OUT, as a matter of fact I think its a possibility at some point. There was a thread awhile back where someone found that DCL had submitted for a permit to Glacier Bay - but of course it will be years away and my guess is it will be the Magic.

No special equipment is needed for a ship to sail in Alaska - it's not like it has to cut ice, although a lot of ships do have more covered decks then DCL does, it's not totally necessary. So, I'm crossing my fingers that before too long Alaska will be on the itinerary.

13. awoltoday

awoltoday swabbie

They can't do Alaska, but they can do Northern Europe? Some of the ports they will be doing in Europe are more northerly than any of the common cruise ports in Alaska.

14. SplashMountainManiac

SplashMountainManiac DIS Veteran

None of this is definite, but what I was hearing on the ship is that the Disney Dream will bump the Wonder on 3/4 nights and the Wonder will go out to LA, and possibly do Alaska along with Mexican Riviera. The Fantasy will bump the Magic on 7 nights and the Magic will go to the Med and possibly do some southern caribbean. None of this is remotely official, but I kept hearing the same thing from many crew members. It was pretty definite that the Dream will do 3/4 and the Fantasy will do 7.