New Shanghai park

Nope. It seems that there hasn't been much info out there lately. There are several videos up on youtube, but again, they don't actually offer much information.

Can't wait to go! We're going to try to get to every Disney park in the world, so far we've only crossed WDW and Disneyland off the list, but Tokyo is happening within a year! Maybe we'll try this one next!

We are planning to go in September, 2016. We already had a trip planned to Tokyo Disney. Then we are taking a 10 night cruise from Tokyo to Shanghai. Once we realized Shanghai Disney would be open we decided to extend our stay and visit that park as well. Very excited and can't wait to go!

We have been following this resort since it was first announced.

There is allot of "unofficial" info and blogs out there.
Though it does take allot of digging on the Internet to find them

And most are not in English

However we have google alert set up and it's pretty good at finding allot of stuff for us. Just sit back and let those alert emails flood your inbox.

I plan on visiting my daughter in Beijing next year in July or August and would love to take a trip to Shanghai Disney. Last year I went to Hong Kong Disney so Shanghai is next on my to do list.

I don't think I will still be in China when it opens which does make me a little sad - :sad: - will just have to make a special trip I suppose!:)

The D23 Expo had HUGE amounts of exciting info about the new Shanghai Disney Resort. We are planning a visit in January 2017 and it looks like the park will open in April 2016. Read all the excitment here:

http://micechat.com/109168-d23-expo-parks-resorts-pavilion/ and watch the official D23 concept art and model video here

It sounds like the park is going to be so VASTLY different from other Disney castle parks worldwide with lots of new attractions! Disney seems to have upped it's game and I'm so excited to visit!

It look amazing - I am looking forward to Treasure Cove the most I think (not being a roller coaster fan though the new Tron ride in Tomorrowland does look good if you were!) and a redo of Peter Pan - squeal, the different castle, oh lots of things! and I have the fun of Hong Kong this October first. Thinking we might make it to Shanghai as part of a China hol in late 2017 but with dodgy parents at the mo can't plan too far in advance.

I'm trying to plan for Aug 2016, but I am not convinced it will be open by then.

Disney have announced the opening in spring 2016 so the park should definitely open by June - people are saying April is planned though- and if you look at recent satelite footage of the construction I reckon this time frame looks completely possible

Disney have announced the opening in spring 2016 so the park should definitely open by June - people are saying April is planned though- and if you look at recent satelite footage of the construction I reckon this time frame looks completely possible

You could be right, but it was suppose to be done by then end of this year. The date has been pushed back too many times to be certain. I think I will leave four days open in hopes that it is open by Aug. If not, then I will just spend extra time in Phuket or Manila.

I love the way it looks do different, it seems very exciting. I love how they are using the 'not as popular to some people' characters and films, i.e. the Tron coaster and the Tarzan show. They haven't just used the usual blueprint of Space Mountain here, Jungle Cruise there - not that there is anything wrong with those attractions! I can't wait to see how it compares to Tokyo Disneyland which are our favourite parks after DL.

Can't wait to go celebrate DW 50th in 2017. Just waiting for DVC rates at Shanghai Disneyland Resort. It would be a wish come true.

I grew up in San Diego so DL is my sentimental favorite, but Tokyo Disney Sea is the best of all 11 worldwide parks (DL a very close second). You need to visit TDR (Tokyo Disneyland Resort) as the yen has dropped 20% since we went in the summer of 2014 and its way too easy to navigate the rail system and enjoy the food and culture of Tokyo. Hong Kong was nice, but it needs some love (additional attractions), Paris has the best Castle and Thunder Mountain Railroad (and a neat Phantom Manor), but the Studios need some attention too (thou the Rat ride is a step in the right direction). The WDW parks are great and getting better with recent additions and D23 announcements.

Like everybody else, I'm just waiting to see the details and locations for these additions. I believe there are more changes coming to DHS as the park has more available space that was spoken for during the D23 Expo. Also, don't forget that Paris, Hong Kong & Tokyo have additional land for additional parks (especially Hong Kong). We'll see in time how they will address some of the disappointment of missing attractions or themed lands left out at D23 2015. Need to go to that Expo in 2017, it looked like fun.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!