New Service: store your personal vacation gear

jdvm

Purple Van Driver
We’re launching a new service for frequent visitors to the Orlando area called Owner’s Locker. You fill one of our special containers with the things you’d like to have on hand when you visit. We have it waiting for you at the front desk of your resort when you check in. Then we pick it up when you check out and keep it in our climate controlled warehouse until your next visit. It sure beats hauling all of that stuff back and forth!

Check out this link to learn more:

www.ownerslocker.com

It will take your vacation to a whole new level.

John

John I love this idea!

With 3-4 DVC stays each year, usually driving down, what a great idea, off to check out your link.

-Tony

I just wanted to add that John does have permission to post this information and link to his service.

I'm sitting here at OKW right now looking at the Owner's Locker box and planning what we want to store in there for our future trips. The box is bigger than we expected (larger than our recycling bin at home) , has lots of dividers and a compartmentalized storage box for little items. It looks like John has thought of everything - the box was waiting for us yesterday at check-in and the Bell staff brought it to our villa with the rest of our luggage.

With our frequent trips, it will allow us to minimize many items that we usually drag along and will also minimize the items we need to purchase each time we come but never completely deplete (things like salt, pepper, coffee filters, etc.). What other items would you find convenient to have available on each visit?

I'm sure we will find lots of uses for the storage and for the service. The Bell staff here at OKW is familiar with John and is aware of this program.

So far so good! :teeth:

Hey Tony,
I knew our paths would cross at some point. I almost called you when you were down recently to offer you a Locker. I was in pre-test mode then.
It's great that you drive down as some people think Owner's Locker is just for people who fly.
I look forward to hearing from you.
John

This is a wonderful idea. We have to fly down, so, this will be ideal for my family. We have been known to leave things behind, because, we could not fit them into our bags. I already signed up for the free trial, but, in case we are not picked what will be the cost? Will you charge a drop off/ pick up fee?

Camille

Hi Leisa and Cocoswife,
Current thinking on pricing:
-$75 for the Locker (yours to keep and guaranteed for life)
-$12.50 per month for climate controlled storage and one free delivery per year
john

p.s. Cocoswife....not sure which application is yours---we've had a fantastic!!
We'll get through them all this weekend and get back with everyone. One of the main things we're looking for in test participants are folks who will be down soon. We want to put or service through its paces and formally launch as quickly as we can!
j

I just filled out an application and I will be down VERY soon LOL!

However, I have to say that the pricing may put me off. It seems a little high for the storeage and of course the whole reason I am looking at this is that I go several times a year so I need more deliveries.

I'd like to hear a few example items others are considering using the service for.

I have water wallet and detergent so far.

Hi CarolA,

We really appreciate for you comments and thank you for asking about pricing. We love feedback--even if it may not be what we want to hear.

We've spent a lot of time working on the price of Owner's Locker's. Believe it or not, we've tried to price it so that it will be affordable to as many people as possible---we sort of shoot ourselves in the foot if we don't!!

I'm glad you've signed up for our test program. It sounds like you'd be a great candidate. I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts on pricing after you've used the service a couple of times. You may still conclude that it's not for you---but I'll bet you wind up being an opinion leader for us. We love sceptics but we love converts even better!!

As for multiple deliveries/pickups, we have included one free visit in our pricing. The second delivery/pickup in any year will be $30; the third $25, the fourth $20, etc. Any visits after seven per year will be free.

Value--particularly of a convenience item, like Owner's Locker, is so very personal. There's really no right or wrong here. Whatever your views, we want to hear them.
Thanks again,
John

John,

I think that is a great idea! The first thing I thought when I saw it was Baby P.O.D.S. (Portable On Demand Storage) It's a company that brings a shipping container to your house so you can load it and then they pick it up and take it back to their climate controlled warehouse for you.

Anyway, I can see where Carol is coming from on the pricing, I would look for something in the $100 per year range just because we will only make one or two trips per year all the way from Houston. Also I thought that you might be able to do something similar to the cell phone companies on the cost of the locker itself. No contract = $75 locker - 1 year contract = $40 locker - 2 year contract = Free Locker...

As for what you could keep in your locker...

I love the Salt/Pepper and Coffee Filter idea
The only time I use my aqua shoes is at the Disney Water Parks
How about keeping your own personal fluffy towels there?
That bottle of sunscreen you always forget?
Spare contact lense equipment for those that need that sort of thing (Lasik surgery, best Christmas present ever!)
Pens and a legal pad for making lists of the next days itinerary

Ok, I have no idea what else I would use it for but I'm anxious to hear the ideas of others :)

Okay, that is WAY too cool. I'm going to start listing all the "stuff" we end up buying fresh at Publix because we forget to pack it (or it doesn't fit) and then we leave it because it's too bulky to drag back. This is a GREAT idea - wish I'd thought of it! We'll be down soon (hint,hint).

Hi CarolA,

We really appreciate for you comments and thank you for asking about pricing. We love feedback--even if it may not be what we want to hear.

We've spent a lot of time working on the price of Owner's Locker's. Believe it or not, we've tried to price it so that it will be affordable to as many people as possible---we sort of shoot ourselves in the foot if we don't!!

I'm glad you've signed up for our test program. It sounds like you'd be a great candidate. I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts on pricing after you've used the service a couple of times. You may still conclude that it's not for you---but I'll bet you wind up being an opinion leader for us. We love sceptics but we love converts even better!!

As for multiple deliveries/pickups, we have included one free visit in our pricing. The second delivery/pickup in any year will be $30; the third $25, the fourth $20, etc. Any visits after seven per year will be free.

Value--particularly of a convenience item, like Owner's Locker, is so very personal. There's really no right or wrong here. Whatever your views, we want to hear them.
Thanks again,
John

I thought about this some more and I think that if you have a family it's probably a better deal price wise. Just not sure that a solo traveler has that much to store. I do have an open mind, but I think that this is great if you are hauling the spouse and a few kids and ALL of thier junke. For a single person I think there may be a risk that the cost is greater then just buying the stuff again...... Not sure on that I will have to think about what I would leave when I pack for my next trip (or what I don't pack that I would like to have LOL!)

What happens if your stuff doesn't fit in one locker? Right now we are storing three large containers at a friend's in FL (the Halloween decorations are getting out of control!).

Signing up to try it!

Cyn

Well, Figment, no one ever said you were limited to one Locker!!! One of our test Members wants to have a winter Locker and a summer Locker...never thought of a Halloween Locker! We're still working on frequent user discounts to address the multiple Locker issue. I like people like you Figment!!!!
john

I like the idea of this too. I Have a Box here at home that is " The Disney Box " of course I use this to put stuff I use at Disney in. I go to the dollar store and stock up on some things like rain poncho's and umbrella's $10.00 get you 10 umbrellas and 20 ponchos. I can stock these up in my owners box . I also bring battery charger for my camera every trip that I could leave in the box , with extra batteries.

I special order laundry tablets to use at Disney ( no mess packing/storing ) Hmmmm could I order them to be delivered to my box someday? I like the Kitchen / Laundry supply storage idea's ! I'd probably leave my toiletry kit I use for traveling so I wouldn't have to know what the flight security regulations are.

OH I think I would have to leave a bathing suit. It seems I always forget to pack that in the winter , since I put it away with summer clothes.

How secure is this? Could I leave my annual pass in it so I wouldn't lose it?

I think I might buy an extra cell phone charger so I wouldn't have to worry about that either.

Someone asked what I might use this for , these are some of the things that I thought I might use it for.

John,

Anyway, I can see where Carol is coming from on the pricing, I would look for something in the $100 per year range just because we will only make one or two trips per year all the way from Houston. Also I thought that you might be able to do something similar to the cell phone companies on the cost of the locker itself. No contract = $75 locker - 1 year contract = $40 locker - 2 year contract = Free Locker...

:)

I really like the idea of the yearly contract. I would also suggest that if you sign a 2 year contract, you could lower the monthly price a dollar or two as an incentive to sign a longer contract. I think the price for 2nd and 3rd delivery/pick up seems reasonable.

Camille

LOVE the idea of storing holiday decorations for those that travel regularly at various holidays! That's one of those tips that would really make it feel like home. I'm starting a list right now.

As I was telling John, we actually had one trip where DH bailed on the car trip home to Texas because he couldn't face the thought of driving across the country in a car stuffed to the gills with stuff! We dropped him at the airport and continued on our merry way, but after that he instituted strict rules on how much stuff we could bring along... :rotfl:

OMG!

This would definately solve the problem of those quick weekend trips! Especially since you can't take liquids and gels on the plane! and all that stuff that DD insists on bringing even though its only a weekend!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Unfortuantely, won't be heading down again until September!

Might just have to sign up when you start to offer!

j

I think this is a great idea and I am interested to see how it works out for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter