New Service From Disney!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Terk-1, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

Found this on my recent newsletter from PassPorter and thought you guys would want to know.

[COLOR=Dark Red]Starting May 5, 2005 guests at Disney's Walt Disney World-run resorts will have a brand-new perk -- free bus transportation between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and their resort! The new service, called Disney's Magical Express, must be reserved at least 10 days in advance of your arrival, and can be booked starting January 2, 2005. Modeled after Disney Cruise Line's ground transportation program, guests arriving at MCO will be able to bypass baggage claim and head right to the bus loading area -- as long as they've affixed special luggage tags back home, their luggage will be gathered right off the plane and delivered to their resort room. Guests returning to the airport have a similar option. Provided their airline participates in the program, they can do their airline check-in (including baggage) right at their hotel.[/COLOR]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lap3

lap3 DIS Veteran

That sounds great as well as long overdue. Too bad we won't be able to use it, though. Our trip is about a month before it goes into effect.

4. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

I love the idea, especially when I go solo. Will contact Disney and try to get more details (i.e. where to get the special tags, will they have separate busses for separate resorts, etc.) and post the answers.

5. maggiesox

maggiesox Earning My Ears

It's about time. I've long been surprised that they didn't contract with some company to offer this kind of service. With their attention to detail, I'm surprised this aspect flew under the radar for so long.

6. adisneynut

adisneynut Guest

We are hoping for a trip about mid-May and this would be so wonderfully. If anyone gets more details please share! :cloud9:

7. Missus Toad

Missus Toad <font color=red>Amazing! She actually stays awake

Holy moley, as a soon to be mom of two under two that sounds awesome!

8. Cass

Cass www.casshew.com

It would be a great service for people travelling with small children or elderly guests. I hope it goes smoothly and turns out to be a successful program.

I am really surprised there is not a charge for it though, the logistics involved, the buses, the tags, the handlers... sounds like an pretty big investment on Disney's part to do it pro bono.

9. Bugsmom73

Bugsmom73 DIS Veteran

I am hoping it stays. We are planning Jan 06 and we will have a 2yr a 4yr and 3 adults plus 2 carseats, 2 strollers, 3 suitcases, 2 carryons, 1 bag to keep dd busy and a diaper bag for ds. Gee some one to tote alot of that stuff for me, Thanks!!!!

10. tmfranlk

tmfranlk Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

It sounds like there will be a cost in the long run, but no one knows what. Everything seem to say "complimentery during the Happiest Celebration on Earth". That said, I am really excited about the service. It is exactly what I've been waiting for.