New Screamscape rumor/DVC at Contemporary

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
I'm kinda doubtful myself, and these guys aren't known for their reliability, but I thought I'd pass this along anyway.

"Screamscape has received a rumor claiming that the next DVC resort, after the Saratoga Springs, may be built at the Contemporary. From the sounds of things, Disney will rehab the rooms in the South Wing and then demolish the North Wing to make way for a new five story DVC Resort. Anyone else heard this?"

It would definitely sell. It would be unfortunate for my budget. I've been able to stay away from SSR, but I don't think I could pass this up.

I heard this also, abought a month or two ago. I can't remember where I heard it; a message board, a friend. It sounds too good to be true! Have to wait and see.

Kim

As I posted on the other thread, I really don't like the themeing of the Contemporary, I think it is really boring. BUT, if this does happen anytime with in the next couple of years, it would be under the new date and I just might conisder it. I really like the idea of the 2054 date and wish BCV would have been 2054, but I have no interest in the location of SSR. This resort would have a great location.

Well, we all know that Eagle Pines is "supposed" to be next. I thought EP was going to be located near that golf course, which, if I am remembering correctly is closer to Fort Wilderness.

Could Screamscape's rumor be confused as the EP stuff?

If you think about it, those wings really need re-hab anyway. They can do what they are doing with DI, and they could use the facilities of the Contemporary Tower (resturants, check-in etc.). It would be much cheaper and quicker than a whole new resort.

Love this idea! I would definetly buy there. "The Villas at Disney's Contemporary Resort" - the fifth floor would probably even have a nice MK view. :)

Other than the great location next to MK, the Contemporary has no appeal to me. It reminds me of Three Rivers Stadium here in Pittsburgh, it was "contemporary" in 1970 when it was built but became drab & boring and was blown up in 2001, along with most of the other stadiums built around that time.

I've heard similar rumors regarding Contemporary, and I would be happy if they demolished the wings. They really don't fit with the rest of the resort. Any DVC resort would most likely have four or five stories and I don't know how they will get that to theme with the Contemporary. That A-frame structure deserves to be the main visual attraction, and any other structure (such as the wings) must be low to the ground.

I've stated elsewhere that I think that DVC will want to build BCV like properties after SSR. They are modest in scale, leverage existing ancilllary services (check-in and support, maintenance, retail, dining, themed pool, and the like).

It seems that a large OKW or SSR can be anchors for DVC1 and DVC II respectively, but they probably make considerably more money off of the smaller DVC properties because of the tie in with an existing resort. EP was probably the DVCII anchor until DI became available. DVC realized they could leverage the DI infrastructure and develop there for less cost than at EP.

So my guess is that EP will be DVC III anchor long off in the future.

I'm probably wrong -- you know the saying "the more convinced I am that I am right, the more likely it is that I am wrong" :)

When talking to my guide about a month ago I said something about wishing DVC would build a property with monorail access.I even mentioned Cont.wings specifically.He seemed a little surprised and said "we have actually had a meeting about that exact thing".He did not seem to think it would happen but he is not always correct about things anyway.(Thank God for these boards or I would have made several big errors before and after purchasing DVC)

The Contemporary DVC rumor seems to circulate a few times a year. I could only see Disney doing this if they thought that they would be unable to maintain high occupancy rates at the Contemporary in the future.

If they did build it, I think it would sell extremely quickly. A DVC on the monorail would be a hot ticket, regardless of theming.

I would buy in an instant. Lets look at the advantages:

Great Location - views of MK and the most beautiful Lake in WDW. You can walk to MK.
Monorail Access - Only 3 hotels have this. This gives you access to all of the restaurants at Poly and the GF. You can take the TC to Epcot as well
Excellent Restaurants - Chef Mics and California Grill
Nice Beach
Easy boat access to Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness water park and Wilderness Lodge
The lake offers the best boat rentals in WDW, fishing, watersking...
The are remodeling so the new rooms would be DVC quality
We may even get the 50 year deal

I think this is the best thing that DVC could do.

We mentioned that we would be staying at the CR our final 5 nights and he mentioned that same thing about the North Rooms being converted to DVC.

Maybe, if Shades of Green is ever finished with the North Wing!:p

That is the best Lake! You cannot boat to MK from BWV or BCV!

Originally posted by princess&tig
I would buy in an instant. Lets look at the advantages:
Easy boat access to..... Fort Wilderness water park

Uh...does this even exist anymore? River Country is to be demolished isn't it?

That would be absolutely wonderful and I'd sell my current points to be able to afford that! I'd be in heaven!

I wish it were true!:teeth:

Count me in too. Where do I send the check?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter