New roaming animatronics?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by orangekid13, Mar 3, 2007.

1. orangekid13

orangekid13 Mouseketeer<br>Hmmm, not nice to call someone a li

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dznefreek

Dznefreek DIS Veteran

Yes it does, yes they are, and I believe that is DCA.

4. sjwatsi

sjwatsi Earning My Ears

I love these, so I hope theres going to be more coming in over the years. Particularly for my visit next year.. :) I imagine that these will go over really well with children, and can add a number of little surprises etc.

So who do you thinks going to be coming next. I know they mentioned Pixar in the article (due to a lot of the characters being hard to accomplish otherwise), so who do you think is being considered?? Probably Nemo at some point.. :rotfl:

Maybe WALL-E from the film coming out next year (it looks to be a small robot character), or otherwise a moving\talking Mike from Monsters Inc to go on greetings with Sully (I haven't ever seen Mike other than on parades..?) or also from Monsters Inc they could do Boo.

But I'd love to see the classics come out onto the streets at some point, those that have never been greeting characters before such as Bambi or Dumbo.

So what to people think? Will we see more, and if so whom?

(ps. sorry if this appears twice or so, I have a really dodgy connection at present).

5. emlutz23

emlutz23 Mickey Marathoner

That technology is amazing! We saw something similar, but not quite as sophisticated, in Tomorrowland at the MK. There was a talking garbage can moving and talking with the crowd. I had never seen it there before. We're headed out to DL next year, so I hope Beaker is still there!

6. 2Xited4Disney

2Xited4Disney DIS Veteran

The second I read about WALL-E I thought that eventually Disney would introduce him as a living anamatronic in Tomorrowland. He could easily be trying to pick up trash and preform in some type of interaction with guests

7. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I look forward to more Muppets stuff. They always made me laugh.

8. TheDogbots

TheDogbots Mouseketeer

quick note, mike is usually with sully at MGM, so I don't know if they would really want to make a talking version of a character that people know does not talk.

The trashcan is fun, it is almost always the same guy running it when i see it even when it is over in AK. I used to like playing "spot the operator" but it got a little too easy when i realized it was usually the same guy lol.

This is something to look forward to, its like they are actually spending money on something other than renaming old attractions! lol...

9. sjwatsi

sjwatsi Earning My Ears

Cool. I'd never seen Mike in the parks other than on a parade so I didn't know this. And that is a good point. So scratch that idea :lmao:

10. TheDogbots

TheDogbots Mouseketeer

if you are looking for the location, i am not sure what it is called but its like a garage door alcove area in the back of the building that the entrance to the Sci-Fi Drive In faces. if you are walking out of the Sci-fi turn to your left, and it will be along your right hand side. I wish i had better directions for you, maybe someone else will.