New RFID mugs coming to WDW resorts....

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by HockeyMomNH, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HockeyMomNH

HockeyMomNH DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My

Yes this is posted already. Same thing rfid is taking over.

4. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

Update all the products!

Katie

5. HockeyMomNH

HockeyMomNH DIS Veteran

Oh, sorry for the duplicate thread then. I haven't been on much this weekend.

6. bwang123

bwang123 Posts: 1,457,177,981

now they can track me around the resort as i drink my morning cup of high fructose corn syrup. i wonder if they will tie the RFID mugs into instant FP+ to the bathrooms. Pour a drink and 1 hour later, your FP+ restroom experience is automatically added to your magic band.

7. Magpie

Magpie DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting about this! I hadn't seen it before either.

This should pretty much eliminate the problem of people reusing old resort mugs. :rotfl2:

8. Crazie4daMouse

Crazie4daMouse Mouseketeer

We just went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and they had this type of refillable cup for guests who purchased a beverage card. It was very easy to use and not a big deal at all to us.

9. jthelman

jthelman Earning My Ears

Now if we could just eliminate the mugs....

We bought them once, years ago, then realized that unless you wanted to chain yourself to the mug, it would live in the room.

We were thirsty a lot but were always on the way to a bus, or the room was always too far just to retrieve the mug for a refill.

It would be cool to just have the RFID wristband substitute for the mug!

10. surferdave

surferdave Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs righ

You're right! I think I'm done with the resort mugs, high tech or not. I'd be a lot better off loading the room fridge with drinks and grabbing one as I come and go.

11. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

This! That said, I'm hearing some rumors that this might be the first step in a multi-phase process of starting a WDW-wide (meaning theme parks, water parks, DTD, and resorts) refillable mug rollout; I would invest in that for convenience, but for now, I'm not buying a resort mug.

Anyways, I started a thread about it a couple days back on the restaurants forum!:thumbsup2

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48889324&posted=1#post48889324

12. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Mouseketeer

5 years from now...

$20 cups

$100 tickets

$175 a night at a value resort

$12+ for a counter service meal.

I don't know....it is getting to the point where the price doesn't match the value....

13. bdoyledimou

bdoyledimou Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in

we had the rfid mugs at AS Sports-- they stopped working as soon as a hot beverage was put in the mug. we spent quite a but of time standing in line getting new mugs.

14. kymom99

kymom99 DIS Veteran

Hey, us too! When/where did you go? We went on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral on June 14th. My son had an absolute ball! We liked the mugs too, but they could have had a few more drink stations.

15. kymom99

kymom99 DIS Veteran

The thing about the drink deal on the cruise that was convenient was that you could get a drink without the mug also. They put a decal on the seapass card so you just had to show the bartender or whoever and they would give you a glass of coke. So the mug was nice, but you didn't have to lug it around everywhere.
    I think it will be a good way to cut down on abuse that everyone complains about and will allow people to tailor their mug plan to meet their needs.

16. meredith1

meredith1 DIS Veteran

You're hired....for the best idea since the inception of the RFID frenzy. :thumbsup2

17. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

I hate the price increase. We will never drink that much soda in a week, especially when it's good at the resorts only. Bummer.

18. Mousemom

Mousemom DIS Veteran

I am not a pop drinker but do like ice water with my meals. Do you know if one can still get water and ice from the drink stations?

19. cart-mom

cart-mom Busy Scout Mom

We always carry around a few cups in a small backpack. We trade off every so often so it's not one person carrying then all day and they aren't heavy when empty. And yes, we have used them in the parks at the few self serve stations to get ice and water. We have the FD so it's no increase for us. I do like that they will be adding wp into the rfid.
    The biggest thing that would make Disney lower rates, if they ever did, would be if park attendance dropped drastically. Can you think of another theme park with the same kind of attractions and amenities? Neither can I. They made the model that everyone else is following and I would expect other parks to start with rfid cups in the near future. Get used to it folks.

20. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

Just wondering...why do you carry around cups? Why not just ask for water with your meal?

21. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

There's an ongoing discussion on the RFID mugs on the Refillable Mug FAQ thread at the top of this board, so I'm going to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.