NEW policy re transfer to TA

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kcashner, Feb 1, 2013.

1. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

DCL announced today that reservations can only be transferred to a TA within 30 days of making the reservation.

This is probably an attempt to limit guests making a reservation and then shopping around for the best TA perks after all the "work" on the reservation has been completed by DCL. I guess the lesson is that guests should do their homework and book thru the TA initially. There is no change in onboard bookings as far as I know, beyond the new 30 day rule.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Thanks for posting that.

MJ

4. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Good to know. Thank you.

5. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this!

Glad I transferred my booking 2 weeks ago. Whew!

6. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

Interesting news.

Still have not seen anything official from DCL.

7. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

Hmm... I wonder if this applies to moving a dummy date, if its like a new booking? Probably not since its the same reservation number :-/

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I got it on FB this morning. No, I have not seen anything on the DCL site. It was in the form of an announcement, not a "someone said" thing.

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

If it's on the internet, then it must be true... Let's wait for an official DCL statement...

10. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

At some point I must have clicked on a "like" DCL or something. I get something from them almost every day, mostly in the form of veiled advertising....photos of the ships, castaway cay, "which would you rather be doing now--hanging out at the pool or relaxing on Castaway Cay,? etc. They have also sent announcements of reduced rates and other more important goodies. There are things like "check out the new rates on cruises from XYZ port, photos or ports, etc.

While I cannot swear that all of these things that appear to be from DCL really are, they certainly all "look" the same. It would surprise me if this were not a real announcement.

11. pyramid2000

pyramid2000 <font color=blue>Member of the DD Geek invasion of

Thank you for the information!:thumbsup2

12. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I'm wondering the same thing. I keep my cruise reservation to myself until I really know we are going, then I have transferred it (I didn't want to have a TA have to move it several times for me).:confused3

13. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

We must have hit "like" as well but not all their "ads" show up on our Facebook. I just typed "Disney Cruise" in the Facebook search engine and there's a bunch of stuff, including a blurb this morning about Galveston, but I'm not seeing an announcement about transferring bookings to travel agents.

That's just plain strange. Did they change their minds already? The Disney cruise line blog hasn't picked up on it yet either.

14. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

But... that's their job?

15. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I doubt a TA would post this information to their clients if it wasn't from DCL directly.

16. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

I just did some searching on Google and found this -- on the Disney web site.

You can transfer your reservation to a travel agent as long as the voyage fare portion of your cruise has not been paid and the request is received within 30 days of your reservation being created. Please contact your travel agent to assist you in completing the necessary authorization form to transfer your booking.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/booking-reservations/travel-agent-authorization/

17. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I completely understand this. When the 2013 dates were released I planned to book a June cruise. That's what I would have told a TA to get us. The prices for June were shocking so I looked at March and was surprised by the glitch over the spring break cruises so snapped them up. We wouldn't be crusing this year if it hadn't been for that and I could have missed out if I didn't have control of my reservation that time. I did transfer to a TA for the 2014 dates, but still feel like I am bugging them with all the possibilities and if a cat 8 costs X book a cat 10 instead.

18. DahliaRW

DahliaRW DIS Veteran

From the FAQ at: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/booking-reservations/travel-agent-authorization/

So it is on the official site if you go look.

ETA - I posted this while another poster beat me to it (I was researching and copying at the time they posted).

19. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

Just confirmed with DCL that this policy change is now in affect.

If this is something you are not happy about send an email to dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com - they claim that they want happy guests so if they make a policy change that doesn't make you happy let them know.

20. Rogillio

Rogillio DIS Veteran

Can I still book myself on-line and get a DCL OBC and then transfer to DU and get their OBC? If so, does that have to be done w/i 30 days?

21. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Well, I don't know how or why I got the announcement on my FB this morning...must have been something I did in past years....

But now we all have the same info on the DCL web site. Done deal till they change it again......