New Palo Menu

GuardMusic

Castaway Club Platinum
I just returned from the Wonder... 9.5 hours ago. Palo began a new menu this week. I am posting images of the menu below, but am not sure it will be readable. Happy to anser any questions - if I can.

OH - don't worry - the Chocolate Souffle is still there!:yay:

100_0945.jpg

100_0944.jpg

Gayle

One BAD thing: Anyone notice that the famous filet mignon is now replaced by tenderloin?

One GOOD thing: We had the monkfish on the transatlantic, and it is sooooo good. I am very excited to see it as a permanent menu addition. Now if only they will start making peanut butter gelato on the Wonder...mmmmmm.

Ok now I am REALLY HUNGRY!

Thanks so much for posting them! I wonder if they will change the Magic's menu...

I think the Magic's was changed as well. When we were onboard, the monkfish was offered as a special. We praised it highly, and they mentioned that it was going to become a permanent menu item. Since it's on the Wonder menu now, I'm guessing it's there too.

Do you think this means they will change the menus in the main dining rooms as well between now and December?

mmm...I see pumpkin! LOL pumpkin gnocchi...yum...

is that traditional fish and seafood soup a white soup?

No more carbonara?????:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: think they will make it for me if I ask? (I am assuming the Magic has also changed menus)

I think I'll get the Penne Arribiata when I go in October :)

Question: are the pizzas an appetizer? Do people usually order one pizza to share and then each an appetizers/salad?

Silly question, but aren't filet and tenderloin the same thing? Tenderloin is the whole muscle, filet is a cut of the tenderloin.

Ilovestitch--the pizzas are to die for. DH and I usually get one to split, and we order one with two different toppings to get to try more varieties. Then we will also get an appetizer and a salad each. (Hey, we love to eat :rotfl: .)

Lauri

Silly question, but aren't filet and tenderloin the same thing? Tenderloin is the whole muscle, filet is a cut of the tenderloin.
Ilovestitch--the pizzas are to die for. DH and I usually get one to split, and we order one with two different toppings to get to try more varieties. Then we will also get an appetizer and a salad each. (Hey, we love to eat :rotfl: .)

Lauri

Lauri, I had the same thought as I was reading this thread.

Yes, you both beat me to it. Filet, tenderloin ... ARE the same: filet is cut into the individual pieces normally from the whole tenderloin. It's appropriate to refer to the cut of meat either way. Filet is the most common way, however, to refer to the single portion.

Lauri

Yes, and no. Filet is the very ends of the tenderloin, the most tender portions. Tenderloin in the middle section, tougher, but by no means tough.

OMG, I am absolutely swooning!! :love: What a wonderful looking menu, and a little more updated. Now how am I ever going to decide?

One question: can you remember if they were offering any new desserts?

Yes, and no. Filet is the very ends of the tenderloin, the most tender portions. Tenderloin in the middle section, tougher, but by no means tough.

You are correct. But I doubt that the "original" filet from Palo was a true filet mignon either. Here's the word from About.com:

ARTICLE
Filet mignon is considered the king of steaks because of its tender, melt in the mouth texture. A prime filet mignon can literally be cut with a fork. This beef cut can be quite expensive when dining out, but much more reasonable to make at home, especially if you purchase a whole tenderloin.

What is filet mignon?
Filet mignon is French, of course, with filet meaning "thick slice" and mignon meaning "dainty." It first appears in American print in 1899. Filet mignon comes from the small end of the tenderloin (called the short loin) which is found on the back rib cage of the animal. This area of the animal is not weight-bearing, thus the connective tissue is not toughened by exercise resulting in extremely tender meat.

The tenderloin term (also called chateaubriand) applies to the entire strip of tenderloin meat, whereas slices of the tenderloin are termed filet mignon. Filet mignon slices found in the market are generally one to two inches thick and two to three inches in diameter, but true mignons are no more than one inch in diameter and are taken from the tail end. Although this cut is very tender, the beef flavor is proportionately lessened; thus, it is often served with an accompanying sauce incorporating the pan juices.

I have a silly question - Does Palo wrok like the main dining room - meaning if I like the lobster in the main dining room, I can ask for a second serving of it? I know that sounds piggish - and I probably wouldn't ask - but I like to knwo my options;)

Thanks Gayle! The new menu looks great! Thanks for taking the time to post! And You and I will be on the same sailing of the magic! I joined your thread today-I can't believe we are such a small group of DIS'sers! LOL Thanks again for taking the time! Angel

Yum!
I want to try two meals! It all looks so good!!

Do they let you order more than one main dish? dessert? at Palos? How about in the other resturants?

Ok I'm on a diet so right now I just want to pig out!!!

Yes, you both beat me to it. Filet, tenderloin ... ARE the same: filet is cut into the individual pieces normally from the whole tenderloin. It's appropriate to refer to the cut of meat either way. Filet is the most common way, however, to refer to the single portion.

Yup! Worked in a butcher shop for many years. Once the "tenderloin" is properly trimmed it is cut into individual "steaks''. Filet mignons! We used to sell the small end(last 8 to 10 inches or so) as one piece and called it a " filet tail". Seasoned and cooked as one large piece rare to med rare in the oven they are AWESOME! I still buy these at a particular store here in So Cal and stuff them with diced mushroom and green onions and lots of my favorite seasoning! So juicy and tender! The reason we sold the end as one piece is because most people like large steaks circumference wise and the small end becomes flatter(less round) and tapers to a point not allowing you to cut those big round Filet Mignons that we are accustomed to! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter