New packages for 2016, no Disney quest vochers?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
If I read the new packages right they are including 4 min golf tickets but no Disney quest tickets. Am I reading that right? My boys will be disapointed. They really liked using the DQ ones. Now will either have to skip it or buy water park and more tickets.

The UK tickets used to include DisneyQuest and for 2016 they don't, we spotted this two months ago. It seems almost certain it is closing.

If I read the new packages right they are including 4 min golf tickets but no Disney quest tickets. Am I reading that right? My boys will be disapointed. They really liked using the DQ ones. Now will either have to skip it or buy water park and more tickets.

I just got a quote for June 2016 and in the additional included items it listed 2 vouchers for mini golf and 2 vouchers for DQ

If they close DQ, they better save the Pirates game and install it somewhere else. I LOVE that thing! I like DQ, but I can live without the rest of it.

Disappointing, since DD and I only checked out DQ on our last (short) trip and really enjoyed it, and was looking forward to returning next year. Not sure it's worth paying full price for if it's still there, and if it's gone, well, that's that.

We just went to Quest for our first time last summer as well. DS absolutely loved it. I was more than a bit stoked to realize that we had free vouchers with our package and could return this summer, DS doesn't know this yet. I'm certain he will be quite bummed if they do indeed remove it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav.../os-disney-nba-experience-20150603-story.html

While the article does not say where in Disney Springs the NBA Experience is going to go, it does say that it will be triple the size of the current one at Universal. Hard to imagine tripling the size without utilizing the space of Disney Quest. Where else could such a monstrosity go?

How big is it now? DQ is 100,000 sq ft on 4 or 5 levels. What happened to the space that was next door? The old record store.

How big is it now? DQ is 100,000 sq ft on 4 or 5 levels. What happened to the space that was next door? The old record store.
From the "YesterWorld website:

May 12, 2009, was the final day for the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney.

The closing left a gaping 49,000 square-foot vacancy across from the Wolfgang Puck Café, between DisneyQuest and the AMC 24 Theatres Complex.

The first short-term tenant in the former Virgin Megastore at Walt Disney World was “DIANA - The People”s Princess,’ a traveling museum exhibit. The exhibit used 17,500 square feet to showcase dresses once worn by Princess Diana. The admission cost was $14.50 for adults and $5.00 for children (ages 3 to 9). It ran from July 7, 2009 to November 30, 2009.

The next tenant was Ridemakerz, a retailer offering customizable toy cars. The 16,000 square-foot “pop up” store opened March 25, 2010 and closed April 30, 2011.

Then Disney finally found a real tenant. In July 2011, Disney announced that the entire building would be transformed into Splitsville, an upscale bowling alley.

From NBA's website:
NBA City Orlando's design is dramatic yet warm and comfortable, reminiscent of the classic arenas from the 1940s and 1950s. A 33-foot tall statue of the NBA's "Logoman" greets guests as they enter. The restaurant is 17,500 sq. feet and seats up to 352 on two levels.
So the restaurant alone is 17,500. Not sure about any auxiliary square footage. So at a minimum, Disney Springs will be home to a 52,500 square foot NBA behemoth. Not too many places to put that.

However I did notice that it now includes admission to WWoS.

I'm not sure why you'd want to go there unless you are participating in an event (I had an AP last summer but still had to buy daily tickets to WWoS to watch AAU Nationals). Maybe they are going to put some kind of arcade/nba experience there.

DQ is so dated, IMO. All the redemption games have been removed and most of the other games are way past their prime. They could potentially move whatever is salvageable to the unused Innoventions building.

From the "YesterWorld website:

From NBA's website:

So the restaurant alone is 17,500. Not sure about any auxiliary square footage. So at a minimum, Disney Springs will be home to a 52,500 square foot NBA behemoth. Not too many places to put that.

But what's currently in the old virgin mega store. Sounds like a better fit.

I recall a RC car store and princess Diane's dresses ocupied it for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter