*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

I had to come over here to get away from the controversial threads about fp's and leaving 12 year olds alone :rotfl:. At least everyone is happy here :goodvibes.

Right? I love the DIS, but some of the threads.... :headache:

Has anyone ever been the last week of Feb.? The crowd levels don't look bad, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this week?

Crowds are great :thumbsup2 Maybe a bit more crowded than early February, but 100x better than most of the other months!

Hello there everyone,
I am new to this board and have just started planning for a last minute trip to MK starting Feb 2nd.
We are staying off property, using hotel points for free rooms, but I was wondering what you all thought about crowds at MK on Super Bowl Sunday? I see it is Extra Magic Hours in the evening? I have a 3 and 5 DD 's so we will be there early in the morning.
UT shows it will not be that crowded, but I am still a bit nervous.
thanks so much I have loved reading the great tips in the past few days
Keep them up!

Add me to the list of happy to be driving so I don't have to stress about packing too much. Figuring on lots of layers
Please tell me I'm not the only one to keep looking at the menus to plan what I want to eat?:lovestruc We were at the PA Farm Show yesterday and they wanted $6 for a funnel cake. Dh asked if I wanted to get one. Told him no, I'll just wait till Feb and have one in Epcot w/ a snack credit :banana:

I grew up in PA and never missed the farm show! O the memories! My parents still go every year!
:)

Surprised at all the PA people here on the Dis.

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS?

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? "]Probably not. Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS? Yes, yes you do. At least plan on getting over to pick up your fast passes by 10am. They go quickly.
:thumbsup2 The other get it early location is Soarin'. Pick up a fast pass in the AM.

Hello there everyone,
I am new to this board and have just started planning for a last minute trip to MK starting Feb 2nd.
We are staying off property, using hotel points for free rooms, but I was wondering what you all thought about crowds at MK on Super Bowl Sunday? I see it is Extra Magic Hours in the evening? I have a 3 and 5 DD 's so we will be there early in the morning.
UT shows it will not be that crowded, but I am still a bit nervous.
thanks so much I have loved reading the great tips in the past few days
Keep them up!

Sundays at MK can be busy, but I don't think it will be real bad. I think a lot of locals will stay home and watch the Super Bowl.

Sundays at MK can be busy, but I don't think it will be real bad. I think a lot of locals will stay home and watch the Super Bowl.

The unofficial guide says that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the least crowded days of the year, so totally take advantage of it!

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS?

I am a former NEPA-er!

Today went by super quick for me! 23 days to go!!!

artemis908 said:
The unofficial guide says that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the least crowded days of the year, so totally take advantage of it!

I second that! Come join us at magic kingdom while we frolic unencumbered by football fans! I figure it could be busy in afternoon, but have plan to take hubby monorail riding during afternoon. In early, ride the mountains and Peter Pan, then some quick line favorites like pirates and haunted mansion, then monorail monorail monorail, lunch at contemporary cafe quick serve as DH has always been fascinated by building with monorail going though and never seen it, then back to the park during the game.

Lost my last vague interest in Super Bowl once the Internet made the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials available online!

Also, the dance competition kids will be having special event at HS, so figure they won't be at MK.

Katie

I second that! Come join us at magic kingdom while we frolic unencumbered by football fans! I figure it could be busy in afternoon, but have plan to take hubby monorail riding during afternoon. In early, ride the mountains and Peter Pan, then some quick line favorites like pirates and haunted mansion, then monorail monorail monorail, lunch at contemporary cafe quick serve as DH has always been fascinated by building with monorail going though and never seen it, then back to the park during the game.

Lost my last vague interest in Super Bowl once the Internet made the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials available online!

Also, the dance competition kids will be having special event at HS, so figure they won't be at MK.

Katie

I'm a huge football fan, but will be skipping watching the superbowl this year, as it's my first trip to WDW with the family.

Our original plans were to be at AK on Superbowl Sunday, but we also have Dessert Buffet ADRs for Wishes in the MK that night. So now I'm reconsidering and thinking we might just go to the MK on Sun & Mon (for the MVP parade)... I just don't know if I want to do MK on back to back days (and possibly not make it back)... We do have a park hopper, so we will have maximum flexibility... What to do, What to do :)

Just chiming in....I'm also from Northeast PA (Wyoming County!) I guess there ARE a lot of us, must be we all feel the same way about Pennsylvania weather in February!

Hmmm, that sort of makes me re-think my plan. We are supposed to be in Epcot that day. But I'm thinking that we might want to take advantage of MK on the "least busiest day of the year"? Well, on second thought maybe we'll be able to do Soarin' and Test Track all day long! :thumbsup2 My kids two favorite rides in the World!

Katie

oh no! We planned to be at DHS that day :( Boooo

Woo Hoo! I love doing stuff just because. Had a miserable day at work last Friday and I decided that I needed a Disney fix. Booked a trip for 2/23-2/28!! Wife is now bought in, but originally thought it was ridiculous. We're going in April a well. I know, but I decided that everyone needs this right now. Great discount on room with Annual Pass discount and flying the whole family down from New England for under $400!! The stars are aligned. 44 days to go!!

Mr Toad, love your signature! and love reading about spur of the moment trips! We've been planning for 12 months now! well i needed lots of extra time to convince DH to go to Disney for our Anniversary.
23 days to go/13 days til 10 day weather forecast.

Woo Hoo! I love doing stuff just because. Had a miserable day at work last Friday and I decided that I needed a Disney fix. Booked a trip for 2/23-2/28!! Wife is now bought in, but originally thought it was ridiculous. We're going in April a well. I know, but I decided that everyone needs this right now. Great discount on room with Annual Pass discount and flying the whole family down from New England for under $400!! The stars are aligned. 44 days to go!!

That's awesome!!!! We book our Feb trip in December, we thought we were last minute:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!