New National Coupon Policy???

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by meuseman, Sep 21, 2005.

1. meuseman

meuseman <font color=blue>Disney Parks Game Afficianado<br>

On their new website, you can enter the quantity of coupons you have. Just for kicks, I entered my $20 off Entertainment Book Coupon (from Mousesavers) as quantity "2" The website states that it accepted both coupons for a $40 discount.

Will this work when I check in (this Friday)?????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Wow. That's interesting. My gut instinct says No, it wouldn't work, but the website accepted it, so I don't know. Along those lines, yesterday I used the American Express code 5125601 which is like a flat rate discount and then just for grins, used an Entertainment coupon code with it and it allowed me to stack, saving me another $20.; something I thought wouldn't work.

So, I guess I didn't answer your question, but just added my own question, lol.
    :goodvibes

4. mickey12810

mickey12810 Mouseketeer

I just changed my reservations and used 4 coupons from Entertainment and I am now paying $40.91 for a fullsize for Sept 29-Oct 3. Boy do I love National. :love: I will love them even more if they don't tell me that there is an error and I have to pay more :goodvibes

5. mom2lilandem

mom2lilandem Earning My Ears

I was just about to post this same question.

National is one of the few websites that allow you to stack. This morning I noticed the same thing you did. So what's stopping people from printing out 10 coupons and getting their car for free.

I may call them to see what the deal is. You know the old adage... If it's too good to be true..... ;)

6. meuseman

The other thing I am noticing is that the Priceless Code (6600330) is giving different rates when you have an emerald club ressie vs. a non EC ressie. And when you are logged in to the Emerald Club, it is not eliminating the concession fee.

7. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Also, when you put in a coupon code, on the second page it states that you have entered a coupon and you must understand and comply with the terms and policies of the coupon in order for it to be valid. I wonder if this gives them an out if their website accepts it erroneously, then you show up intending to use it and can't. Hmm, interesting.

8. meuseman

So I seem to be figuring this out little by little. When you use the EC reservation, coupon codes are accepted, but contract ID's are not. I used a contract ID and actually made the ressie and the e-mail did not mention the Contract, only the coupon. I'm guessing this is a mistake in the programming.

I think I might just stick with what I had, since the $20 off coupon says "One coupon per national rental"

9. mom2lilandem

Just called National and spoke with Amanda in Customer Service and Jennifer in the tech department. If you enter more than one coupon they will only accept one when you pick up the rental. At the bottom of the coupons it says only one coupon per rental. Jennifer said that the quantity was to be used for the number of free days that you were using if you had earned them through EA. That didn't really make sense to me since there is a reward spot a little further down the page but long story short they will only be honoring one coupon at pick up.

HTH. :wave2:

10. meuseman

Thanks!!!!

I think I am going to call about this contract ID issue...

11. mom2lilandem

let us know what they say Dan!

12. msmouse

msmouse <font color=darkorchid>ok, don't know that I can b

Where do you stipulate Reserve Isle?

13. meuseman

You need to login with your emerald club id....or make the first step of the ressie, then click on edit trip information and you will be able to enter your emerald club info at the bottom of the form

14. funcinderella

funcinderella DIS Veteran

Hmmm, I booked as an Emerald Club member months ago (March?) using the Priceless Code and the entertainment coupon. I hope they honor that! (It did take off the extra fees.)

15. meuseman

I'm sure they will honor all old ressies.

So I spoke to Sheri in Tech Assistance. She said that it should be working, but I can't get it to accept the Priceless Code for EC ressies.

Hmmm, now the question is do I call back...

16. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

I've noticed quite a few bugs. I hope they fix the contract # problem.

I'm so glad I've got my reservation for this September 29 already cause now it's $20 more!

17. madge

madge ... is soaking in it

this is what I wanted to know, LOL...if there's another rate drop today. Doesn't sound like it, although it's still early ;)

18. mom_rules

mom_rules <font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c

I like this one-used Amex contract ID and 2 2 car upgrades-got an SUV from Fri-Sun for $41.98!

Do you think they would really honor it?

19. Stimpy

Stimpy <font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says

I would double check the coupon for the upgrade. Most rental places will only let you upgrade to a Premium car. Usually a SUV is considered a specialty car and is not included. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just double check :)

20. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

I was SO tempted to book today with 2 coupons but I'm afraid they won't honor it since all the coupons state one coupn per reservation. I wouldn't want to get there at 10:00p and find out they won't honor it and they jack up the price.

It was SO very tempting though. So far I am not liking the new website.

21. PlutosFriend

PlutosFriend <font color=royalblue>Spoke too soon<br><font colo

WOW! I better go and try to get a better deal. Maybe it will end up being free if I stack enough codes :rotfl: