new movie releases on cruise

iambrink

DIS Veteran
When you have cruised while a new Disney movie was released, was it shown on board? We are travelling at Thanksgiving and "Frozen" starts in theaters 11/27. so i am hoping to get to see it while on the cruise!:)

I read somewhere yesterday the ship usually has the movie on the date it comes out. November 27. You can always call and they will tell you which movies will play.

The answer is yes! They call it the PreMEAR. It plays at midnight and then throughout out the cruise. We have been lucky enough to see several of these over the years. Many times they also play it at the Walt Disney Theater.

My 10yr old wanted to see Frozen but we are going Oct 20 on the first Reimagined Magic cruise. I guess she'll have to settle for an awesome remodel!

yes, and it is very cool.

We saw the premier of Wreck-It-Ralph in the Walt Disney Theatre on the Wonder, loved the experience.

Of course I felt spoiled being served wine while watching a movie :)

2 years ago I was on the Fantasy and saw The Avengers the night before it opened in theatres and last year was it Iron Man 3 again one day before it opened.

They were both shown in The Walt Disney Theatre because of the anticipated huge audience.

We've seen Monsters Inc. on the Wonder, Bolt on the Magic and Wreck-It Ralph on the Dream on the day they came out in the theaters. Back when Monsters Inc. and Bolt came out they were the main show for that night in the Walt Disney theater, but they don't do that anymore. Now they show them at midnight the day they premiere.

The Disney Stores have the coolest Frozen product line. You can also get Frozen merchandise at the Disney Shopping website. Can't wait for the movie to come out!!!

MJ

We've seen Monsters Inc. on the Wonder, Bolt on the Magic and Wreck-It Ralph on the Dream on the day they came out in the theaters. Back when Monsters Inc. and Bolt came out they were the main show for that night in the Walt Disney theater, but they don't do that anymore. Now they show them at midnight the day they premiere.

Repesctfully, I must disagree! As I mentioned in my post above, both of the films I saw were shown twice the night before they opened in theatres and in The Walt Disney Theatre!

I really think it all depends on how big they expect the movie to be...

Repesctfully, I must disagree! As I mentioned in my post above, both of the films I saw were shown twice the night before they opened in theatres and in The Walt Disney Theatre!

Our experience is that whatever day the movie is to open, DCL will run it at 12:01 am that morning. They do a "PremEar at Sea" on the day the movie opens on land.

Our experience is that whatever day the movie is to open, DCL will run it at 12:01 am that morning. They do a "PremEar at Sea" on the day the movie opens on land.

well...I am not sure what to tell you.. the two examples I have are my experience. In fact, with last's year's showing of Iron Man 3 we saw the movie and still made it outside to see the Pirates in the Caribbean show and fireworks! It opened in theatres the following day.

I didn't see your post before I posted. I was just going by what people were telling me here on the DIS boards. I had asked if they show the new movies in place of the evening show and everyone told me they don't do that anymore. It's nice to know they still do it sometimes.

Saw the premear of the planes last august on the fantasy it was very cool not to many people were there either cause it was at midnight

They may have changed it up a bit but the norm is that they show all new releases onboard at 12:01 the day it comes out.

But, even in our home town theatre they have started showing movies at 10:00 pm on the night before a new release (before it was always 12:01).

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter