"NEW" Mouseboats??!!

orrnluvswdw

Earning My Ears
It seems to me that recently I had read here that Disney was putting to use "new" mouseboats & there was a link to the article about them. Now, I can't locate this thread. HELP!! I'm taking my nephews in 2 weeks & had Pop Century booked (which is where they wanted to stay). However, the last time we went we stayed at POR & they LOVED it there. Mostly due to the mouseboats. Anyway....I cancelled the Pop reservation & booked POR and have not told them. I'm going to surprise them :smooth: All they've talked about is the mouseboats & how much they enjoyed that.

They were looking forward to staying at Pop but really liked the mouseboats at POR. They are so polite that they wouldn't ask me to stay at POR because they knew it would be somewhat more expensive to stay there. They are really budget minded (thanks to my sister). I want to raz them about Disney getting new mouseboats & it's a shame we aren't booked at POR like last time :hyper: :hyper:

So, does anyone know where there is a picture of the new mouseboats? Thanks!! :teeth:

Did POR recently get water mice? We were there 12/02 and they didn't have any. We are going to Dolphin in June and are planning on renting from WL (although the website didn't make it sound like the water mice were there!) BTW, Orrnluvswdw, I'm an owner of 2 spoiled rotten dachsies!

Does anyone know the weight limit for these? I was wondering if 2 people would be able to ride in one. Thanks.

I can't tell you a limit, but when my son was young (7-8) we could both go in the boat and it went pretty fast. Two adults made the boat VERY slow. Even two teenagers weighing may 225 lbs. together was too much weight for fun.

These new boats might be more powerful than the Water Mice, but they look to be about the same size so I don't think there will be much difference.

So is that boat pictured the type that can be rented at the resorts or is that the kind that you rent through Sammy Duvall's?

Brenda

Hi KathyT and z28wiz,

Looks like the weight limit is 320 lbs. The link posted above gives all that good information.

Have a great trip!

Katie:D

Mouseboats-

Hi hawkrn,
I believe you can rent the boats at the YC marina, just a hop, skip and splash from the Dolphin. But from an observation we made last year, it looked like the ones on Bay Lake and the Lagoon were set for a higher speed than the ones on Crescent Lake. You could check that out. Have fun! Bob

Has anyone seen any of these "new" mouseboats in use? Just curious if any of the resorts had them in use!!

Hey Julie (Hawkrn): aren't they (dachshunds) just like potato chips; ya can't just have one :hyper: :tongue: I'm active in rescue & that's why my home is full of these little "carpet sharks." Great stress relievers :p

We were there last month. Most of the watermice on Bay Lake had been replaced by the new boats, with the old motors. They are very similar to the watermice. They do plane off faster, but I don't think the top speed has changed.

we were just at POR and they did not have the new mouseboats. One of the dock attendees did say that they were testing them in the Bay Lake area and that if it went well, everyone would have the boats by the end of the year!!! the boats were still fun though.

The cost is $24 for 30 minutes, $29 for 45 minutes, and $33 for an hour. (The first and last might be off by a buck, but the second is right on.) Annual pass will get you a 15% discount. There may be other discounts, like DVC.

I rented a Sea Raycer at the Contemporary in February, when they were brand spanking new, and they handled pretty much like the water mice. (I remember that the CMs couldn't believe the steering wheels were white, because they'd be so hard to keep clean.)

One MAJOR suggestion - unless you rent one at the Magic Kingdom resorts, where you have the whole Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake to zip around in, you aren't getting your money's worth. They might seem like fun on the smaller lakes and rivers, but there's FAR more fun to be had on the bigger bodies of water. It's worth the extra little bit to go to one of the MK marinas. I recommend the Wilderness Lodge, as it seems to be less busy.

I now am sure to rent a mouse at least once per trip. That and the restuarants are the biggest reasons I go to WDW after all these years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter