New Monorail?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by MichaelaF, Oct 30, 2013.

1. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Caribbean has the worst stops/bus layout on property...dixie isnt' far behind...wtih okw and saratoga also getting honorable mention...but caribbean would not be suited for the monstro buses without a big infrastructure retro fit.

they might even have a hard time making the curve into the guard shack.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TinyTim2

TinyTim2 Earning My Ears

The bus stops have to be worked on made longer etc. As for making turns any place a regular bus fits a artic can. 99 percent of the time.

4. joelkfla

joelkfla DIS Veteran

Turning radius (from mfr. websites):
    • Gillig Low Floor: 43'
    • Nova LFS: 40' 10"
    • ---
    • Nova Artic: 44' 8"
    • New Flyer Artic: 44'
    So the radius is 1-2" more than the Gillig, which is the majority of the current fleet. The only resorts that I think would be a problem are OKW, where the bus has to turn around in a tight loop at each stop, and SSR, where 2 buses pass each other on the road to Grandstand station.

The roadways around the CBR entrance & exit are all 1-way 2 lanes; worst case an artic might have to slop over into the other lane on the curves.

5. manning

manning <font color=blue>Just for that I have requested it

6. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

The Caribbean stops are just bad and the roads are tight...I could drive the loop blindfolded (and probably walk the entire grounds as well)

When the "magic on demand"
    Dispatch system was being tested ( which of course is precursor to lots of other things today)... Caribbean had the worst numbers as far as wait times and efficiency by a nautical mile

... Saw the data 100 times.