New MK parade floats on news

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Michigan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Michigan

Michigan Mom of the Rolling Crew

Past 2 days the news has been showing the construction of the new floats for the new MK parade. Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why they weren't building the floats and have the new parade ready to go when the Christmas parade was over.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

4. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

5. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak

Also they are running the parade late, late at night to iron off all the kinks and the performers get everything right, they couldn't do that during the christmas season.

6. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

As pp's have said, the floats have been done for a while, there were leaked photos of few of them a few weeks ago, and then of course, actual released ones!

CM's have been in rehearsals for a bit, and currently still are learning everything and finalizing it. Then the overnight's happen, where they have to wait for the park to close, empty, the parade route cleaned, and then they start.

7. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Yes. Or before.

But, instead:

"They saved some bucks and did it this way."

The same answer that can be applied to far, far too many things at WDW in recent times.

8. 11290

11290 DIS Veteran

Would have not been possible to do it during the "Christmas season".

The floats were not "in the park area" at that time and just moved over early last week. The buildings that they are housed in were full with floats that are used in other parades and the logistics of housing them (primarily because of their height) was not possible until the Celebrate floats were completely removed and other units repositioned. In addition to that, they weren't even ready to move until after the first of the year and then some other work has to be performed.

Lot more to it than meets the eye, notwithstanding that entertainment cast gets stretched pretty thin for "rest time" during the Christmas season with the amount of parades that occur during that time.

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

No need.

10. Itinkso

The entertainment CMs, next Christmas season, go back to working 12 - 16 hour days as they did this past season. All CMs involved in the MK Christmas shows and parades worked non-stop from December 18th through the 31st and then immediately were cast back into their regular bid.

The majority of parade CMs will be in FoF and will be rehearsing in waves... some begin their rehearsals in mid-February and for now, they are in their regular casting... which could mean more Hoedowns or more MiSiCi.

The money, along with the health and welfare of the finite group of parade and show CMs, appears to be the determining factor in how entertainment determines what they do.

11. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

When is the new parade expected to start? We will be there in mid May

12. Itinkso

It will be up and running before May. Projected start is mid-March.

13. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

That all makes sense to me!

And somehow I'm not bothered by a business making reasonable business decisions, particularly when they don't "hurt" their customers in any way shape or form. :goodvibes

Guess I'm more of a "glass half full" person than I thought... my reaction was simply: "Cool -- new parade floats!" :rotfl:

14. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Likewise.

From reading some quotes, I think there are those who are whiners and chronic complainers.

15. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

ita.

16. bjakmom

bjakmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link, Dan - great video - the floats they show look awesome!:thumbsup2

17. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

HOLY CATS!!!! was excited when the drawings were released, now this is AWESOME! We aren't always big parade people, but I can bet we'll see this one first chance we get!!

18. sigmasal

sigmasal Mouseketeer

The new floats look AMAZING. I do understand the logistics of trying to make it all work. That being said, I don't think it's whining to say me and my family are disappointed that there will be no MK parade when we are there in February. It's still a bummer.

19. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

That's understandable. There is still the Move It Shake It Celebrate It mini-parade running multiple times through the hiatus and beyond.

20. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Ooh a dragon!

21. Itinkso

I believe the comments weren't directed at those who are affected and disappointed by the lack of an afternoon parade.

The comments were made in regards to a post that was edited/deleted.