New members question

Billmel

DIS Veteran
We just mailed our Fed exp contracts back last monday. How long does it usually take to hear from DVC about your closing. We haven't heard anything from anyone yet. They have cashed our deposit. Just curious, about how long this usually takes. Thanks!

We booked our vacation (3 villas) when we placed our deposit 10 years ago. I agree it was 2+ weeks or so to officially close.

I was never officially notified that the closing had occurred. Since I had access to my account and the points, there was no real need to know.

However, what I did see change on my member account was information on the annual dues. There was information listed that hadn't been prior to that. I assumed that meant we were officially closed.

The "closing" is just an arbitrary date that refers to when DVC sends your deed into the county for recording, and also signifies when your contract is finalized and no further changes can be made. If DVC has all of your paperwork in, they will likely send your deed in earlier than the proposed closing date listed on the contract. You are probably already in the DVC system and can absolutely start using your points to book a trip. Welcome home! :goodvibes

Did you buy resale or direct? I can tell you that if you bought resale, such as I, then the closing date depends also upon when the seller gets the paperwork back to the closing agent. For me, I got my paperwork on Tuesday, March 2. I signed, PDF'd the forms and overnighted a check which arrived on Thursday, March 4th. The seller turned in her paperwork and the close was completed on Friday, March 5th. My points were in Disney's system by Saturday, March 13th and I made a reservation that day. It was a very quick turnaround and I couldnt have expected it to go any smoother. :thumbsup2

John

Our proposed closing date by our contract was supposed to be April 1. If it closes this week, will the first payment still be by contract of May 15th. I guess I need to call DVC and ask these questions don't I. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter