New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

During regular hours, we got there about 30 minutes before being allowed on to Main Street. We think the new procedure lets us arrive later than we normally would- a lot of the crowd is siphoned off by either eating breakfast, shopping or watching the morning show. We headed straight to SDMT. They walk you to the ride so it's not crazy. There were probably 50 people in front of us to ride but we weren't rushing to be right up front either. My daughter and sil stayed over by the castle to watch the opening show and still managed to catch up with us just as we were entering the queue.

I will say that using the AP tapstiles probably saved us a considerable amount of time. After our first day there, we realized no hurry to get there much before they opened the tapstiles as our wait in line was very short. Hope they keep that!

Last edited:

Heading to Disney in a few months and wondering if a PPO ADR for BOG will get us to PP faster than the crowds now at the castle instead of the main gate? I've done a lot of blog and board searching but can't really figure out where all the ropes are and whatnot, would greatly appreciate some feedback! Also sorry if this has been asked already, thanks!

For those who have been to MK since the new opening show, how early where you there to be towards the front?
Are there photo pass photogs along the way?
Yes there are photopass cm when they open Main Street
You want t be towards the front of what? the welcome show or the crowds to go to the attractions?

The crowds, DH hates to be passed into the middle of a large crowd and we don't mind being early. Last time we left ASM at 7:05 and were some of the 1st people there

The crowds, DH hates to be passed into the middle of a large crowd and we don't mind being early. Last time we left ASM at 7:05 and were some of the 1st people there
It depends on which ride you want to go first.
If it's 7DMT then be at that bridge by 8:15am to be one of the first, all other rides you can wait until maybe 8:30-8:40

Heading to Disney in a few months and wondering if a PPO ADR for BOG will get us to PP faster than the crowds now at the castle instead of the main gate? I've done a lot of blog and board searching but can't really figure out where all the ropes are and whatnot, would greatly appreciate some feedback! Also sorry if this has been asked already, thanks!

Hoping to hear about this also!

I believe it will as the rest of the guests are held in the hub and the BOG guests are allowed behind the castle and I would guess allowed to get in line in front of the rest of the crowds for PP. My family was there on 1/12 and we were let into the park about 10 min after the bfast ADR crowd. We had gotten our coffee, sat at the empty plaza tables and we eating some breakfast items I had brought by7:55 (9 opening). Stood to the right of the castle where the ramp/rope is and after the opening show following the CM to the top of the castle and was on Pan within minutes. It was a little intense trying to stay in front of the crowds though.

My family was there on 1/12 and we were let into the park about 10 min after the bfast ADR crowd. We had gotten our coffee, sat at the empty plaza tables and we eating some breakfast items I had brought by7:55 (9 opening).

This sounds like a wonderful relaxing way to start the day! (Not the "staying in front of the crowds" part. THAT doesn't sound relaxing!)
I miss the Welcome song the most. If they played that song with a little dance, this new opening would be perfect to me. I am in love with the idea of breakfast on Main Street, enjoying the atmosphere, the whole day in front of you, just reveling in the Magic. :tink:

I believe it will as the rest of the guests are held in the hub and the BOG guests are allowed behind the castle and I would guess allowed to get in line in front of the rest of the crowds for PP. My family was there on 1/12 and we were let into the park about 10 min after the bfast ADR crowd. We had gotten our coffee, sat at the empty plaza tables and we eating some breakfast items I had brought by7:55 (9 opening). Stood to the right of the castle where the ramp/rope is and after the opening show following the CM to the top of the castle and was on Pan within minutes. It was a little intense trying to stay in front of the crowds though.
So you went through the castle to get to Pan? Or around with the SDMT crowds? Sorry- just trying to get a visual!

So you went through the castle to get to Pan? Or around with the SDMT crowds? Sorry- just trying to get a visual!
There are three ways to get to Pan:
~ through the Castle after the Welcome Show (as previous poster did)
~ across the bridge with the 7DMT crowd
~ across the bridge to cut through Liberty Square

Just double checking....if I have a PPO adr, is it obvious where we go to enter or does everyone go through same tapstiles?

Just double checking....if I have a PPO adr, is it obvious where we go to enter or does everyone go through same tapstiles?
To get in it's pretty much everyone together. Once in there are signs showing you where to head. Somewhere in this thread there are photos of this. There they check you in off the list of folks with PPO ADR

Okay, I am slightly confused about all of this and I apologize if it was already mentioned.

We are planning to go the MK AM EMH. How do they differentiate between resort guests and others if they are letting other guests come in basically 20 minutes after resort guests? Are they scanning bands on the rides or by the hubs entering the other areas.

There are three ways to get to Pan:
~ through the Castle after the Welcome Show (as previous poster did)
~ across the bridge with the 7DMT crowd
~ across the bridge to cut through Liberty Square
Thanks! Is there one way that is better than the others- balancing speed and crowd factors?

Okay, I am slightly confused about all of this and I apologize if it was already mentioned.

We are planning to go the MK AM EMH. How do they differentiate between resort guests and others if they are letting other guests come in basically 20 minutes after resort guests? Are they scanning bands on the rides or by the hubs entering the other areas.
Reports have varied.
What I've gleaned is this
EMH guests only are let in, no ropes in the hub
20 min later, or so, everyone is let in, and there are ropes in the hub
If you are on site and arrive late I assume there is somewhere to scan so you can go on in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter