New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

So if you have a PPO BOG reservation and you finish eating before opening at 9, where do you go? Can you hang out in Fantasyland or do they herd you back to Main St with the rest of the crowds? Never done a PPO breakfast, but just made one for April, not sure how it all works with people already in the park.

So if you have a PPO BOG reservation and you finish eating before opening at 9, where do you go? Can you hang out in Fantasyland or do they herd you back to Main St with the rest of the crowds? Never done a PPO breakfast, but just made one for April, not sure how it all works with people already in the park.
I'm really curious about this too.

I just watched the video of this morning, and I think it's kind of meh.

I'm really curious about this too.

I just watched the video of this morning, and I think it's kind of meh.

I’m curious about this Wondering what too. We have an 8:05 reservation at the castle in June. I’m sure the walk through part of the castle will be closed until after the show- wondering where we’ll go if we happen to finish before the show is over (which I hope we do time it to where we are done just as the park is opening)

We have found the bus can be very fast in getting there but I understand that is not magical for most. We had no choice one morning and have personally found monorail often closed to TTC folks early in am. This has been going on so long, I feel like the motive is to discourage offsite guests from using the monorail, preferring they use the ferry boat ....

With the construction/expansion happening at the docks at MK ... who knows what changes will be coming to getting folks over from the TTC and through security.

Yeah, feels. I love the welcome show. And I hate that damned castle stage.

This!!
The welcome show seemed so quaint and intimate. Standing there with a few dozen people (at least the times I saw it). Getting a first glimpse of the character's and a Citizen of Main Street (Scoop:love:). It was like an invitation to join their world.
It made it a real event before stepping through the tunnel and into the park. Leaving behind today and entering the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.
I doubt a castle stage show will be able to evoke the same warm fuzzies.

I miss the seeing the castle without all that crap in front of it! And being able to walk through any time and get those great photos at weird angles. Getting an unobstructed view of the carousel through the castle (the way it was originally designed to be seen).

Just watched the live stream from The DIS, and i'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed with the show. What happened to the family of the day? The big entrances? The catchy music?

The show just seems a mish mash of characters, songs and a kinda "meh" opening. Rather underwhelmed by it. What are your thoughts on the new show?

Just watched the live stream from The DIS, and i'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed with the show. What happened to the family of the day? The big entrances? The catchy music?

The show just seems a mish mash of characters, songs and a kinda "meh" opening. Rather underwhelmed by it. What are your thoughts on the new show?
did not love it

My feeling is this may be great for newbies and first timers. Great way to see lots of characters at once. For me too much talking/standing, I'd rather some music/dancing. It will be a once and done for me. BUT I will love Main St open to wander early as we usually buzz right through and by end of day too tired.

I guess it does stop the rumor it was to cut back on Entertainment/CM costs, not only are there way more characters than I have ever seen at the morning show but they are mostly face characters.

Here is a head on view ...

It's kinda cute and yeah, nice to see so many characters, but.... Well time marches on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter