New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

I have read on several different sites and news media that it was a test and could only be temporary at the castle since they had to move it because of the train rehab. But like anything else..... who knows??!! :confused3:confused3
On the Hub (cast member site) it was stated that the train station show is being retired. And on the Disney Parks Blog, it mentioned anyone having an upcoming trip in 2017 could experience the new Welcome show. Doesn't sound temporary.

On the Hub (cast member site) it was stated that the train station show is being retired. And on the Disney Parks Blog, it mentioned anyone having an upcoming trip in 2017 could experience the new Welcome show. Doesn't sound temporary.
Well, excuse me for simply stating what I had read! Thanks for pointing out what I read was wrong!! :rolleyes:

In an effort to bring some levity I came up with a little jingle, but then I thought it might be too distracting to the actual information being passed along regarding the pre-park opening of Main St and the welcome show itself. So here's the link to my zany, goofy jingle found in the friendly Rumors of Light community lounge. http://www.disboards.com/threads/ru...cussion-thread.3486308/page-763#post-56923161
:jester: :cutie:

Good luck to those getting there early next week! My condolences to those missing their train and morning experience. Happy thoughts to all the Cast Members starting a new show!

In an effort to bring some levity I came up with a little jingle, but then I thought it might be too distracting to the actual information being passed along regarding the pre-park opening of Main St and the welcome show itself. So here's the link to my zany, goofy jingle found in the friendly Rumors of Light community lounge. http://www.disboards.com/threads/ru...cussion-thread.3486308/page-763#post-56923161
:jester: :cutie:

Good luck to those getting there early next week! My condolences to those missing their train and morning experience. Happy thoughts to all the Cast Members starting a new show!
This is priceless, thanks for the laugh :)

I have read on several different sites and news media that it was a test and could only be temporary at the castle since they had to move it because of the train rehab. But like anything else..... who knows??!! :confused3:confused3
Honestly, I think most of those sites didn't have a clue one way or another and they jumped to a conclusion that because the show was moving at the same time as the train refurb that it was connected and would move back when the train refurb was done. Disney has never stated as such, has actually signified the total opposite, that it's no longer going to be done. And yes, even the news media is prone to do the same thing since Disney rarely gives them any significant info to go with. They make lots of assumptions (but they don't have the wonderful Yulilin to give them the real info)

interested to see how this affects PPO dining reservations. If you have a 8am at CP will you be let out and join everyone else in line, or will there be two sets of ropes.

interested to see how this affects PPO dining reservations. If you have a 8am at CP will you be let out and join everyone else in line, or will there be two sets of ropes.
the ropes will probably be on the bridges to each land, so CP is before any of those bridges

So it sounds like it's safe to say that the new show won't affect Early Morning Magic if the show starts at 8:55? Since riding 7DMT multiple times was important to me I cancelled BOG ppo and booked EMM.

So it sounds like it's safe to say that the new show won't affect Early Morning Magic if the show starts at 8:55? Since riding 7DMT multiple times was important to me I cancelled BOG ppo and booked EMM.
Yes; EMM Guests check in a little before 8:00a and then head back to Fantasyland. Have fun! :)

Just to add to the PP, both times I've done EMM they let us in at 7:40ish. My first Main Street photo from our November EMM is time stamped 7:43 AM. Similar experience in July. New show will have no impact on that part. You'll still be let in along with the PPO ADR crowd at the same time.

What it COULD potentially slightly impact is the last few minutes of EMM, depending on when exactly they let people past the hub. As is, by 8:45-8:50ish the regular park crowd had made their way to Fantasyland in full force which pretty much puts an end to your EMM window of unabated 7DMT rides.

If they actually hold people at the hub for this show, you might squeak out a few extra minutes of useful EMM time.

But again, that all depends on when they actually let people past the hub in this new setup.

i just saw today is the last day for the MK train welcome show. I am so disappointed. Does anyone know what or if something is taking its place?

That looks great! I guess I was nervous that were taking another Welcome Show away. Really enjoyed Epcot and Animal kingdom shows when they had them.

That looks great! I guess I was nervous that were taking another Welcome Show away. Really enjoyed Epcot and Animal kingdom shows when they had them.
Merging you to the main Welcome Show thread. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter