New little mermaid ride....having big problems?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by stonfiesta, Feb 8, 2013.

1. stonfiesta

stonfiesta Yoda Rules

Ok, so this maybe just because its a new ride, teething problems etc.....but just mentioning incase anybody knows......

so just got back from 2 weeks at WDW, we done the magic kingdom on our first day, after going straight to enchanted tales with belle we then walked onto little mermaid with no queue. nice ride.......definately a good addition. we came out and was going to do it straight again but this time the queue was building up so we changed our mind. anyways for the next 2 weeks everytime we went back the ride was closed. multiple times the cast members said the ride would be open in the afternoon..........but we never saw it open again after that first ride.

anyone know what was happening?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bauer1168

bauer1168 DIS Veteran

Think a couple of others on recent trips have mentioned this too. Could be technical. It was only briefly stopped once when I was there as they were having problems with the lap bars.
    Hopefully it won't become the new splash mountain

4. DZNEE4US

DZNEE4US Mouseketeer

To me (and we rode it twice in a week), it seems to have a really short period of time for you to get in the ride vehicle and sit down. There is not much of a space before you actually start the ride. We were there 1-27-13 to 2-1-13.

5. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Was there the day before MLK and it was down for most of the day - never got to ride it and was the one new attraction at MK we were looking forward to.....

6. lotus1197

lotus1197 Mouseketeer

hope the issues are worked out by our next trip...my 3yr old is in love with Ursula(and all the other witches to be honest)

7. Laracroft72

Laracroft72 All things Disney Lover

My daughter loves Ariel, but loves the witches too. LOL She is 16 but at Disney she is 5.

8. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

When we were there in December, shortly after the Grand Opening, we had the same issue. It was down as much as it was up. It was crowded enough in New Fantasyland without having everyone who SHOULD have been in line for LM wandering that small space.

9. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

I know one problem is Ariel's hair keeps falling off in one of the segments, and no I am not kidding.

10. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

So, it's not just the old rides going down?

11. Texas Barbie

Texas Barbie Mouseketeer

Here now and it is closed. They have a sign up that it will open at 1.

12. Mad Hattered

Mad Hattered I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.

They need to contact Trump and get his secrets!!:thumbsup2

13. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

I wonder if the one in California is having the same problems?

14. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I know they changed the hair at DCA.

I rode it at DCA and I thought it was kind of disappointing. It does load quick.

15. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

The hair has been a problem on and off since opening. Wonder if they will also end up changing it at WDW as I did not know that about DCA.

16. bauer1168

bauer1168 DIS Veteran

Wow very interesting! Is it the bit were she is dancing in the 'under the sea' bit?

17. Maddysdaddy

Maddysdaddy DIS Veteran

When the Little Mermaid ride opened at DCA and for a number of months afterwards, Ariel's hair was jokingly referred to as a 'Dole Whip 'do' - I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find pictures of it on the web. They eventually shut the ride down for a rehab and one of the biggest changes was her hair.

Haven't been to WDW (1st trip in 5 weeks), so can't comment on the ride there.

18. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

I have never seen it down in CA:confused3

19. kgsmith

kgsmith DIS Veteran

Ha! Aren't we all?:thumbsup2

20. arlsdimples

arlsdimples Mouseketeer

Really hoping the problems are resolved for at least one day when we are there it two weeks. My older DD's name is Aeriell, spelled different yes but Ariel is by far her favorite and she has been looking forward to something like this for years.

21. SydneyJoLynn

SydneyJoLynn Ad/Lib'ing it.

The ride has been up and down a lot FREQUENTLY within the last two months. Right now, some quickly-scheduled maintenance was diagnosed for the ride. [I think it ends today?]

Anyways, from what I've been hearing Flotsam and Jetsam FINALLY move, and the Ariel in the big Under the Sea scene is working properly again. Btw, she never had problems with her hair, since WDW never received the Dole Whip doo in the the first place. She's always had the underwater ponytail.