New leader in 1000 pt club.....

From: Icy-Dog : am on the list but find it hard to say no to friends or family who want to rent points from me at cost

WOW! Renting points to family and friends. I am glad you are not in my family!

We just treated my brother and his wife to 5 days at WDW this summer. First time for her (she is over 40), and he has not been since 1972.. Just to see her/his face was enough for me.

Let's see, renting points for a 2 br: 32x5=160ptsx$6=$960..
GEESHHHH.....:rolleyes:

DeerH

Originally posted by Xtine76
Big deal, it isn't enough that you have tons of money you feel the need to brag and flaunt about it. Wow impressive making others feel inferior because you have so much.

If you feel inferior I would check the mirror. You may have self esteem problems. I really think it's you with the attitude probelm. I don't feel he was bragging but simply answering the qwuestions of others about how he uses his points. I am floored that he lives practically in Disney World and has the largess to make his timeshare available to others so that they too can enjoy all that is the Disney Experience. I wish I had the money to do the same but, that being said, I hold no grudge that this couple does.

Originally posted by deerh
WOW! Renting points to family and friends. I am glad you are not in my family!

We just treated my brother and his wife to 5 days at WDW this summer. First time for her (she is over 40), and he has not been since 1972.. Just to see her/his face was enough for me.

Let's see, renting points for a 2 br: 32x5=160ptsx$6=$960..
GEESHHHH.....:rolleyes:

I was talking about friends and distant relatives. We always give our points to our kids, sisters and nieces etc. We always seem to have at least a couple of people with us and then we get larger accommodations to make them comfortable. Even with only my niece with us we get a twwo bdrm so she feels she has some privacy. In December we are taking close friends and again with no renumeration. In April we took the whole family to Vero. We rented a beach cottage and two hotel rooms to accommodate our party of 12. We didn't want anyone to be squashed so we had a lot of rooms.
I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. I also wish I had 3500 points, and that I lived in Celebration, and could afford to give my points away. I don't, but I'm glad someone is able to do just that. More power to him

Marylyn

Originally posted by King Leonidas
We have provided stays for several parties who otherwise would not have traveled to Walt Disney World. Oftentimes we will stay at our home in Celebration and arrange friends to stay at one of the DVC resorts. In response to the number of PM’s that we have received, no we do not rent our points.

How generous of you to share your points with your loved ones! If I was in your position, I'd do the exact same thing. To see both adult and kid's faces when they walk into MK for the first time, even if they've been before, is priceless!

My wife and I own 3500 points. The first 1500 we purchased at
OKW in 1993... followed by 1000 more in 1994. I then added 1000 at VWL in 2000.

It really isn't a big deal to us... My wife manages the points we use and then give the others away to family and friends. We spend roughly two months at the various resorts per year...

That's great to hear how you share with everyone! Good for you! :sunny:

We have provided stays for several parties who otherwise would not have traveled to Walt Disney World. Oftentimes we will stay at our home in Celebration and arrange friends to stay at one of the DVC resorts. In response to the number of PM’s that we have received, no we do not rent our points.

King Leonidas
Thats very nice of you to share your pts with familiy and friends. I notice your location says "Pennsylvania", does that mean you have a winter home in "Celebration" also or do you live in Florida all the time?

Our main residence is in Southeastern Pennsylvania... We built our home in Celebration in 1997. Just spoke with one of our neighbors and he reported no problems from the storm...

Our main residence is in Southeastern Pennsylvania... We built our home in Celebration in 1997. Just spoke with one of our neighbors and he reported no problems from the storm...

Thanks for answering that question. I am glad your home is OK....

Welcome fellow southeastern PAer. You have a great combination. Delaware Valley for seasons, Celebration for winter and DVC for fun!

King Leo, if you need to adopt a son, please let me know ;)

Although, I'm Southern born and bred, my father's bloodline is from the Main Line area.

When the thread first started I had 1225 points. I sold 290 BWV pts and then added 150 Vero Beach pts leaving me with a total of 1085. I still make the cut, whoopee!!! ;)

Just bought our 175 last week, so I only need 6 more contracts like that to make the list....;)

I think it is great that there are so many people who love DVC so much. Speaks well of the whole bunch and it makes me proud to be a small part of it!

As for those that rent to family, I totally understand that! My cousin just bought a ski condo in NH that we are hoping to stay at next year. And we will pay the same price as anyone else he might rent to. He has costs to cover and my family will create the same wear and tear on the place that any other would. No judgement here. Hopefully we will be in a position for more points someday, although DH would say that we need to at least use the ones that we have once before we consider an add on!

Just bought our 175 last week, so I only need 6 more contracts like that to make the list....;)

I think it is great that there are so many people who love DVC so much. Speaks well of the whole bunch and it makes me proud to be a small part of it!

As for those that rent to family, I totally understand that! My cousin just bought a ski condo in NH that we are hoping to stay at next year. And we will pay the same price as anyone else he might rent to. He has costs to cover and my family will create the same wear and tear on the place that any other would. No judgement here. Hopefully we will be in a position for more points someday, although DH would say that we need to at least use the ones that we have once before we consider an add on!

Be careful DVC points are like peanuts.:laughing:

I am glad I only have two children. Then I will only need 600 to 700 points to give them vacations. To be honest, that is what my plan was to do anyway. I have 371 points and just joined.

I totally understand the big points... I think 700 will be fine for my needs. My family is so small a shoe is too big for us.

When the thread first started I had 1225 points. I sold 290 BWV pts and then added 150 Vero Beach pts leaving me with a total of 1085. I still make the cut, whoopee!!! ;)

I am slowly inching my way there. When/If CRV becomes a reality I will probably then be at the 1000 mark.

I wish I had that kind of time to spend away! But.....our points serve us quite well, no complaints here. Anyone who owns is fortunate, enjoy all!

I didn't know there was a club, I own 1,410 points and between my brother and sister along with myself we own 4,000 points. We use half or more and rent the rest.

We all need to keep in mind that we are all fortunate to own any size piece of the DVC pie!!!

I know many families who will never even see WDW, let alone, whenever they please ( Like all of us).

wether you own 150 pts or 1500 pts, I think we are all lucky....

Love WDW!!!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter