New Jersey help

dpratt68

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what towns to search or even a decent hotel near Six Flags Great Adventure? Our last trip we stayed too far out and didn't like the hotel. Any help would be great

I live in the area and there are almost no hotels anywhere near the park. they have talked about building one for decades.

I guess try Freehold NJ.

there really isn't much right by 6 flags at all. I live 20 mins away right off of 195 where there's the Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton right off the exit. It's brand new.

Are there any Embassy Suites around that area? do you know anything about Laurel Pond Affordable Luxury Wilderness Lodges ? thanks

There is an Embassy suites in Piscataway but that's about 45 minutes away. I don't think I would want to stay near Six Flags. :scared1:
What are you plans? Is it a short trip? If longer you could stay someplace near the beach.

I agree there nothing really around there at all. If they would build a nice hotel. I am sure it would do well.

there really isn't much right by 6 flags at all. I live 20 mins away right off of 195 where there's the Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton right off the exit. It's brand new.

I would go with this. Newer hotel and and indoor pool I believe. Across the street is a small mall, bunch of resatuarants, shop rite and WALMART. Probably about 13-15 miles.....

Hamilton NJ is a very nice area and it is the same exit of the Tpk. as GA. Not sure of specific hotels, but my aunt lives there and it is very nice.

If you are coming in the summer, the other alternative is to stay at the Jersey Shore beach area. Belmar is a straight shot from Six Flags on 195/turns into 138. So Belmar, Avon-By-The-Sea would be close.

Another option is Princeton, it's about 30 minutes (ok, the way I drive it rotfl:) and you can find some nice hotels.

There is a Radisson in Freehold on 537 which is the same road Great Adventure is on. I have been to a function there but have never stayed over.

I saw someone mentioned Hamilton and they did put a hotel there that looked pretty nice. I believe its on Rte 130 which is right off 195 like a previous posted said. There is also a big shopping center near there that has alot of restaurants.

There's a new Hilton Garden Inn on rt 70 in Lakewood next to the GSP. There is also a Best Western across the highway from there, and a Ramada a bit west of there at the intersections of Rt 9 and Rt 70. All are about 1/2 hour from GA if you took the back roads to 195.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tom's River NJ, which was about a 25 minute drive to Six Flags. Not too much in that area though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!