New JCP catalog and pricing

I went in yesterday - walked out! I love to shop Sale/Clearance - i always but for the next year a size or two bigger! Will not be shopping their anymore unless they start putting things on sale/clearance.

I buy clothing for my little one a size or two in advance of where she is. She just is sliding into 24 mo/2T clothing, so I have started to focus my efforts now on purchasing her 3T clothing. We don't need a lot of winter clothing down here in Florida, so I have been hitting the clearance sales.

I was working up my list of what I wanted from JCPenney when I heard about the new pricing structure that was coming. It's similar to what Macy's tried and saw fail miserably a few years ago. I am not digging the new pricing on the toddler clothing at all. Basically, the prices did not drop, if anything in some instances, they actually rose. I am not happy to be losing the deals that I used to get on their clearance, but I found a couple of other department store websites from up north that I guess will be taking their place now.

I don't wish the company any ill will, but I really hope this falls flat on it's face and things return more to normal.

I always get my DS the Arizona jeans since he was a slim and they are hard to find slim, with the tabs to pull. I usually always pay $17 when on sale.

I actually liked the catalog, loved the colors!

Macy's is my store I love, always find good deals, but with no Macy's in Myrtle Beach I seem to shop more at JC Pennys for me.

My DS12 also wears slims, and we were able to buy Wrangler jeans at Walmart.com for him; they weren't available in the store. I think they were around $17 also. I haven't bought from JCPenneys in years, although I did used to like to read their catalog.

I like to shop JCPenney on-line. So I was looking for capris and shorts. Great they have some on sale, I thought. Okay the first pair I looked at they did not have in the color I chose even though that color came up. Then I chose another pair to look at - size 4, not. Chose another pair - only available in plus sizes. Another pair - only available in Talls. So I guess if you are looking for regular misses sizes you are out of luck? Did they also cut down on their inventory when they started this new pricing system? :surfweb:

I just went online to JCP online and looked at the men,kids and women section. Honestly, the pricing looks extremely affordable. How much lower do they really need to go?

$10 shirts, $7 for a pack of socks, $20 robe, $10 pj bottoms, $14 belt. That's already really low. It seems like Jcpenny was always sending out coupons and advertisements. I think they should cut back on coupons but not totally get rid of them. Didn't they send out $10 off $10 coupons? I'm guessing they got tired of people coming in and only spending exactly $10. Here's the link I'm looking at:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X2.aspx...esetCat=True&cmAMS_V=X2H2&CmCatId=73298|73842

Today was my first experience shopping at Pennys since the pricing chance.
Immediately, I felt out of my shopping "element". But I had 2 $10 reward cards to use so I wasn't giving up.

I bought a St. John's tee shirt for $7.xx, a gorgeous MIX-IT necklace for $11, a genuine sterling silver and turquise ring for $10. After my 2 reward cards, I spent less than $8.00. I do believe I would have paid no more with the old pricing.

Let me start by telling you I LOVE TO SHOP, I love a great sale, I'm all about the "coupon" and I head straight to the CLEARANCE rack, always.

I started at purses (my obsession)- prices were pretty good, I have to admit.
Went over to Womens and what was usually "clearance" now was marked a little differently, but the prices were definetely reduced. Went by all the other clothing in that department and thought the prices were absolutely lower than what was the "regular" price. And I did notice the simple plain tees that I bought (and loved) last year were at a "reduced" price. I did not see that right away on the sign. Now that I know that, I will know better next time to look more closely. Then onto jewelry. Same thing there, the jewelry was definetely priced less than what was the regular price and the "clearance" jewelry was just marked differently.

I'm a big LIZ CLAIBORNE shopper and their merchandise was marked at what would be a "sale price".;);)

I still love the merchandise, I'm going to continue to shop at Penny's and I think I can get used to the new pricing system.

Well I for one am liking it. Visited one store last night and while I only ended up with one pair of pants it was not due to the price, but rather my picky nature and fit. LOL. Picked up a pair of Liz Claiborne brand khaki pants that where regular $22 and on the February sale for $17. Both very reasonable prices IMO.
Visited another store today and bought some work out clothes. The shirts where only $10 and the Capri length pants only $14. I thought they where very good prices and did not feel like I was missing a deal for doing impulse shopping.

I went to get my haircut at the JC Penney salon last week. My 20.00 haircut is now 34.00!!!! My stylist told me to blame the new CEO.

I haven't compared much clothing because we don't really shop there for clothes but the things I have looked at have been mixed. I've been buying the Shari lace curtains one room at a time as we finish painting and decorating, and the new everyday price is comparable to what I was getting them for by combining a coupon and a sale before. The lamps I just bought, on the other hand, look to be $2 and $4 more than I paid on sale with a coupon.

It seems like the best "new lower prices", at least in the home store, are on Penney's exclusive brands. The name brand stuff is no cheaper than anywhere else and will actually end up being more expensive without sales or coupons to bring down those regular prices.

Commercials are so annoying I'm not even going to check the pricing. Just like I might consider a kia if not for the stupid hip hop hamsters.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to find the commercials annoying. Who wants to see/hear people screaming? Not to mention they show someone upset by the coupons, yet I've heard they are still going to send them out ot JCP card holders. Hypocrtical much?

I do want to go in and check it out for myself, but when I was at the mall Friday my shopping buddy didn't want to, so we skipped it. And headed to Old Navy instead.

Personally I think this stinks. Both of my DD's developed a bit early, and the girls plus dept helped with the curves (if you know what I mean ;) ). It was really the only place I could find girls plus and my husbands 3X t shirts, jeans, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear of any other places with a plus or big mens dept.

Our local Kohls has just started to carry big and tall. Not a huge selection, but it is there. I can't help you with the girl's stuff. I know what you mean, girls plus sizes are very hard to come by.

I haven't compared much clothing because we don't really shop there for clothes but the things I have looked at have been mixed. I've been buying the Shari lace curtains one room at a time as we finish painting and decorating, and the new everyday price is comparable to what I was getting them for by combining a coupon and a sale before. The lamps I just bought, on the other hand, look to be $2 and $4 more than I paid on sale with a coupon.

It seems like the best "new lower prices", at least in the home store, are on Penney's exclusive brands. The name brand stuff is no cheaper than anywhere else and will actually end up being more expensive without sales or coupons to bring down those regular prices.

I was in our "local" store yesterday to pick up my kids portraits (they do a great job!) and checked out the bed sheets as I loved their microfiber ones. The full size is listed as everyday price $19.99 which is great! Pretty sure the old price was regular $29.99 and I got 2 sets last year on sale for $24.99 each! They are really soft sheets so I might pick up some more for the kids beds in twin size.

Also got a pair of denim capris for my self marked on "clearance" for 9.00. It's winter here so these are just in time for spring this year, and alos got a shirt for $6 and and a hooded zip up sweatshirt for $10 so 3 items for myself for $25. The quality is much better than what I usually see/get at wWalmart so I got great deals in my opinion. :woohoo:

I was at my JCP store last night to pick up bathing suit bottoms and they were practically out - I couldn't find the exact size and style I was looking for so I purchased a few other styles.

As I looked around, I wasn't impressed with their new pricing at all! That may be fine for people who buy straight off the rack and don't look for sales, but it won't work for me who combines sales/clearance items with coupons to get the best price possible. I'll continue to shop at Kohl's. From all the commercials I was expecting WAY MORE, but it was just hype.

I went to get my haircut at the JC Penney salon last week. My 20.00 haircut is now 34.00!!!! My stylist told me to blame the new CEO.

:scared1: Wow that's a huge increase!

I love their curtain window treatment selection. I will be checking that out soon and report back.

There will still be coupons for JCPenney card holders. And the $10 JCP rewards coupons will still come in the mail (or email) for those who are signed up on the program.

My boss's dh works for TJ Maxx corporate. She pointed out they never have sales and do quite well.

Personally I'm glad JCP is doing away with all the sales. When I need something, I shop.

I really don't like Kohls. Their selection is terrible and the prices are all over the place. I really dislike the $10 off a future purchase. I loved JCP however when you got $10 off that purchase.

I don't use store cc so Kohls sales aren't all that great.

I'm hoping that the new JCP strategy works out.

DS is taking a class in school and the reason they did this was because macys and kohls always come out with the best sales and they are sick of being underpriced.I was in there the other day and all i can tell you is that if it keeps going the way it is i won't be a customer at all anymore and i will close my cc acc.

Went shopping last night and found GREAT deals! Bought 2 pair of pants for DS7 for $7 each and a long-sleeved Mario t-shirt for $5. Got 3 short-sleeved t shirts for myself for $7 each. I admit that I wasn't impressed with the catalog and loved getting those $10 reward coupons, but the prices did seem lower to me yesterday compared to before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter