New JCP catalog and pricing

sksjasams

DIS Veteran
I thought for sure I would find a thread already about this.

I got the new JCP catalog in the mail yesterday. I was already skeptical about their new pricing and the new catalog confirms my concerns.

I had read they were going to lower their prices by 40% for new everyday low prices. That doesn't even seem possible, and apparently its not.

I do all of my shopping for DS13 and DH at JCP and Kohls. I do really well with their coupons and sales.

The catalog showed the following items that I would typically buy for my DS13: Nike shoes $75, Youth NFL Jersery $40, Arizona Boys Jeans Special February Only price $17. The jersey and the shoes are regular prices. The jeans are definitely not 40% off, and that $17 is not even an everyday price, its a February special price.

I am very disappointed...with sales and coupons I could get the items much cheaper. I guess those days are gone :(

Anyone else get their catalog?

I got the catalog but, to be honest, I hated the layout so much that I didn't bother to look at many of the prices. I absolutely despise having to turn the thing sideways and read that tiny print to find out how much something costs. And I don't think there was any other info like sizes, fabric content, etc. The thing looks more like a magazine ad than a catalog. Pretty worthless imo. I'm trying to take a wait and see attitude about the pricing. And hoping that they still have some good deals. DS wears big men's sizes and needs a 38 inch inseam in pants - very hard to shop for and we don't find lots of sales. Penney's had become my "go to" place for his clothes. Last summer we stopped off at Penney's on the way to Disney and I got him a few pairs of shorts and several shirts - all for just under $100 cause they were having one of their great sales. I'm really gonna hate it if they don't have those anymore.

I'm with you. My DS wears 3X shirts and they are hard to find. JCP was my go to place and I would get good deals with their sales and coupons. I would also get reward points and then earn the gift certificates. I'm really going to miss getting such good deals. It was about the only place that I shopped for him.

I'm with you. My DS wears 3X shirts and they are hard to find. JCP was my go to place and I would get good deals with their sales and coupons. I would also get reward points and then earn the gift certificates. I'm really going to miss getting such good deals. It was about the only place that I shopped for him.

I received the new catalog I also hated it, I did not like the layout colors or prices. I was wondering what was up because I have my eyes on some Naples Grommet panels and they cost $50.00 per panel and I need four panels for my sliding glass door.

I have my %15 off and my $10.00 earned for spending in December. I had been waiting for them to go on sale. I had also noticed no personal coupons had came in the past few weeks.

If they were dropping prices 40% these Panels that I have my eye on would be $30.00 so I will Waite and see.

I noticed that they says the new sales were for the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month not sure what that total means.

The funny thing is I just said how I love the $10.00 off a $25.00 I would go and buy every time for me and my family and felt I did good gob watching our money.

I wanted to share the last time I went into Kohl's I felt they had changed their pricing and they had too many stars clothing with higher prices. I decided Would not be going back so for the last three months I had stuck to JC Penney. Now I am thinking I am getting to a point that the internet stores will be my go to stores this is a bummer as I really liked shopping sales and coupons.

Here is my understanding of the new pricing:

Everyday Prices - red tags - price available to everyone everyday - the regular price, supposedly reduced - NOT! Ex: Nike Shoes $75

Special Prices for the Month - white tags - some items will be recuced to a lower price for the entire month. These items may be seasonal. Ex: the Arizona boys jeans for $17 in February. I have to wonder what the everyday price is on those!

Best Prices - blue tags - these are items not selling well will go on a clearance sale the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. That's it.

No sales. No coupons. What a terrible strategy. I can not see this helping JCP at all.

I am with you in not thinking that their "new" prices are not that low. I pretty much save all of my shopping for the girls for the end of the year and then stock up on their clearance stuff. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do that as well as before.

Other stores like Aeropostale, Kohls, Old Navy and Rue 21 will be our new favorites I guess.

I never shopped at JCP very much, but I haven't been in ours since Kohl's opened, nobody can beat them on sales most of the time.

We went to JCP yesterday and and their new prices are quite good, IMO. We bought some great kids clothes on clearance and their new prices fo everyday needs, like socks & underwear were reasonable.

I went in a week ago and the price conversion had already occurred.

The jeans we routinely pay $12.99-15.99 a pair for are now $20.
Sweatshirts I bought for around $20 at Christmas are now $40.
I also saw $75 for tennis shoes.

Kohls, here I come. JCP won't get a dollar from me with those prices.

I got the catalog but, to be honest, I hated the layout so much that I didn't bother to look at many of the prices. I absolutely despise having to turn the thing sideways and read that tiny print to find out how much something costs. And I don't think there was any other info like sizes, fabric content, etc. The thing looks more like a magazine ad than a catalog. Pretty worthless imo. I'm trying to take a wait and see attitude about the pricing. And hoping that they still have some good deals. DS wears big men's sizes and needs a 38 inch inseam in pants - very hard to shop for and we don't find lots of sales. Penney's had become my "go to" place for his clothes. Last summer we stopped off at Penney's on the way to Disney and I got him a few pairs of shorts and several shirts - all for just under $100 cause they were having one of their great sales. I'm really gonna hate it if they don't have those anymore.

This is exactly what I did with mine about 10 minutes ago. Who has time for that? We shop at Penney's alot but usually with a coupon & on sale. If they are getting rid of those things we will hardly (if at all) shop with them.

We went to JCP yesterday and and their new prices are quite good, IMO. We bought some great kids clothes on clearance and their new prices fo everyday needs, like socks & underwear were reasonable.

Those were SO over priced, IMO, before (socks/undies). How much were they with the new prices?

The stores have changed also. I too loved getting the coupons in the mail and would use them on clearance. We went a couple weeks ago with big January clearance signs all over but there were no signs on the racks. They used to have the signs on all racks showing what the prices were but now you have to look at the tags. The same skirt I bought in Dec for $15 was now $36?:scared1: I went back last weekend and it was $20. I don't know what they are doing now but unless the prices go lower then I won't be back very much especially with no more coupons.

I always get my DS the Arizona jeans since he was a slim and they are hard to find slim, with the tabs to pull. I usually always pay $17 when on sale.

I actually liked the catalog, loved the colors!

Macy's is my store I love, always find good deals, but with no Macy's in Myrtle Beach I seem to shop more at JC Pennys for me.

They have been redoing all the JCP in my area (central NJ). I keep seeing those terrible commercials with everyone screaming about getting coupons. Sorry, I love coupons.

I had a $10.00 off $10.00 coupons that expired 1/31 so I went yesterday to use it. I could not find anything I liked or wanted. I felt the prices were very high - I figured with the $10.00 I could get some undies or maybe some PJ. Nothing in that department was on sale. Winter PJ were not on sale - I found a few but the prices were $38.00 or $42.00 - not my idea of a good price.

I will miss the coupons but I do not think I will be shopping there too much any more. My DH is tall so that was always one place I could get tall shirts and longer length pants but we will have to see as time goes on.

Linda

The $10 off $25 coupons drew me in every time! Whether I "really" needed something or not, I FOUND a reason to use that coupon. :rolleyes1 I was just there today & I think we are finished with JCP. It's a shame, because they were my "go-to store" for birthday presents, Christmas presents, hair products, & clothes. Oh well. I will find a replacement for them! Shopping is my challenge & I am a conqueror. ;)

I thought for sure I would find a thread already about this.

I got the new JCP catalog in the mail yesterday. I was already skeptical about their new pricing and the new catalog confirms my concerns.

I had read they were going to lower their prices by 40% for new everyday low prices. That doesn't even seem possible, and apparently its not.

I do all of my shopping for DS13 and DH at JCP and Kohls. I do really well with their coupons and sales.

The catalog showed the following items that I would typically buy for my DS13: Nike shoes $75, Youth NFL Jersery $40, Arizona Boys Jeans Special February Only price $17. The jersey and the shoes are regular prices. The jeans are definitely not 40% off, and that $17 is not even an everyday price, its a February special price.

I am very disappointed...with sales and coupons I could get the items much cheaper. I guess those days are gone :(

Anyone else get their catalog?

Penneys has agreements with manufacturers including Nike, that they can't run that much of a discount. So maybe before they were $80 and on sale for $70 now the price will be $75. Not to say they couldn't be marked down on clearance before.

Companies can't keep running sales on top of sales on top of sales. Not a good way to stay in business!

Personally I think this stinks. Both of my DD's developed a bit early, and the girls plus dept helped with the curves (if you know what I mean ;) ). It was really the only place I could find girls plus and my husbands 3X t shirts, jeans, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear of any other places with a plus or big mens dept.

Personally I think this stinks. Both of my DD's developed a bit early, and the girls plus dept helped with the curves (if you know what I mean ;) ). It was really the only place I could find girls plus and my husbands 3X t shirts, jeans, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear of any other places with a plus or big mens dept.

I buy my husbands 3X stuff there also. I just checked online, and a quarter zip sweater from Joseph Abboud(sp?) is best price at $18. I bought the same one for $24.99. For him at Christmas. Did I have a coupon or extra % off? Probably. But I would absolutely buy another one for $18. Thats not bad. And I don't have to worry when I go to get it, do I have a coupon? Did my coupon expire? If I wait will they still have my size?

Penneys has agreements with manufacturers including Nike, that they can't run that much of a discount. So maybe before they were $80 and on sale for $70 now the price will be $75. Not to say they couldn't be marked down on clearance before.

Companies can't keep running sales on top of sales on top of sales. Not a good way to stay in business!

Actually, JCP and Kohls both put Nike on sale, including shoes, quite often. I would always buy on sale plus a coupon. Now JCP will not have sales or coupons...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter