New Hotwire Rules??

Desi

<font color=990000>Seek color and ye shall receive
HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THEIR LITTLE SLIP OF PAPER FROM HOTWIRE SAVINGS YET?
THE INSERT THAT CAME WITH MY BREAKFAST VOUCHERS SAYS," EFFECTIVE APRIL20,2004 ITEMS PURCHASED ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, THEY MAY NOT BE EXCHANGED OR RETURNED FOR CASH, CREDIT OR CHECK". !!
IT HAS TAKEN ME 3 MONTHS TO GET THE CORRECT VOUCHERS @ MY EXPENSE. I WAS TOLD FOR MONTHS THEY WERE "OUT OF STOCK". NO ONE BOTHERED TO CALL TO TELL ME THIS. AFTER SEVERAL CALLS, AND SEVERAL EXCUSES, I CALLED AND ASKED IF THEY WERE IN STOCK AND WHEN I WAS TOLD YES, I GAVE THEM MY ACCT # AND ASKED WHY MINE HAD NOT BEEN SENT, AFTER MUCH TALK AND DEBATE, THEY DECIDED TO SEND ME MY VOUCHERS. I'M NOT REALLY SURE I LIKE PAYING TO BE TREATED THIS WAY. CUSTOMER SERVICE NEVER SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON THERE.
:wave2:

I received that slip in my order last week, and it's stated on the website now also. Sorry you had problems with them. I just signed up last week, and made 2 orders, and so far everything has been fine.

I don't understand why it took three months. What vouchers were out of stock for three months? We had no problem getting ours, and even our $10 for joining came really quick.

they were just breakfast vouchers. I had no problems with the Q&C, but it was no one wanted to hear about the breakfast vouchers. It was strange. last yr. I had no problems at all. I told a friend about them in Feb, encouraged her to use them, and they did the same thing to her. the not bothering to call and let you know they are out or whatever, is what upsets me. I even got an email saying I should have them in 5-10 days about 6 weeks into the wait. hopefully it was a fluke.
but I'm leary of ordering my VKL from them now. :wave2:

Just thought I would say that I have ordered the VKL vouchers twice in the last 6 weeks and have had no problems getting them.Good luck.

I just joined March 31. I ordered $300 worth of gift cards so I thought I would remain a member long enough to get my $60 worth of rebate credit. If they have switched to nonrefundable, that is a definite minus. Everything I ordered came very quickly, including some Q&C vouchers and the movie tickets. I e-mailed them when toys R Us gift cards were removed from the website, and they told me they were not gone permanently, and would return.

Originally posted by georgina
I e-mailed them when toys R Us gift cards were removed from the website, and they told me they were not gone permanently, and would return.

The Toys R Us cards are back on the list. I ordered them last week, and received them right away.

Is there a discount on the toys r us gift cards... and if so how much??? I am really thinking about joining this club but want to know what other than Disney vouchers do they have. Hate it that they don't list it before you join so you know what you can get. Don't wnat to join if I am not going to use it since people are having trouble getting them to cancel after trial offer. Let me know what else you use them for and what kind of deals. Please!:confused:
:wave: Thank you

I too am thinking about joining Hotwire. The concern I have is when you buy the gift cards, are you refunded the $5 (or whatever) when you purchase the cards or when you use them. How long does it normally take for them to post the refund? Also, is this a service that would be worth hanging onto?

What are the best giftcards they have?
I'm concerned because I want to hurry up and join to get my vouchers in hand, but then I don't want to have a hassle if I cancel the membership and they don't refund the extra $5 per giftcard.

Is it a hassle to cancel or does it harm you in any way?

The refunds are posted to the credit card that you used to make the purchase. The refund is made at the end of the month in which the purchases were made. You must be an active member at the time that the refunds are posted. If you have already cancelled your membership, you forfeit any refund.

Originally posted by vmkids
Is there a discount on the toys r us gift cards... and if so how much??? I am really thinking about joining this club but want to know what other than Disney vouchers do they have. Hate it that they don't list it before you join so you know what you can get. Don't wnat to join if I am not going to use it since people are having trouble getting them to cancel after trial offer. Let me know what else you use them for and what kind of deals. Please!:confused:
:wave: Thank you

Most of the gift cards you purchase for $25, then $5 is later credited to your credit card account. The ones I purchased for Chuck E. Cheese were $10, with a $2 credit. I just recently made my purchases, so I haven't received any credit yet.

Some of the cards offered are Toys R Us, Kmart, Target, Barnes & Noble, JC Penney, Sam Goody, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Blockbuster, Circuit City, Foot Locker, plus several more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter