New here and need help

mom2soup

Earning My Ears
I have been to Disneyland as a child but never to Disney World. We are looking to go July 19-26th, and I have no clue which to choose. We have two boys a 12 year old and a 4 year old boy who loves Mickey Mouse. I am looking for the best way to go on a budget but all this is overwhelming. Should I just get a travel agent or should I try and book everything myself? Is it more expensive to go to Walt Disney World or Disneyland. We live in Texas, so either place we will fly too. Can we go to either place with airfare, hotel and tickets for Disneyland/ World for 2000? Sorry for all the questions. pirate:

I have been to Disneyland as a child but never to Disney World. We are looking to go July 19-26th, and I have no clue which to choose. We have two boys a 12 year old and a 4 year old boy who loves Mickey Mouse. I am looking for the best way to go on a budget but all this is overwhelming. Should I just get a travel agent or should I try and book everything myself? Is it more expensive to go to Walt Disney World or Disneyland. We live in Texas, so either place we will fly too. Can we go to either place with airfare, hotel and tickets for Disneyland/ World for 2000? Sorry for all the questions. pirate:

I've never been to Disneyland, but can tell you a bit about Disney World.

There are 3 types of resorts on site: Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. You can take a look at the fact sheets and slide shows at www.allears.net to get an idea of your preferences. All Disney resorts will provide Disney's Magical Express. That means you check your luggage at your local airport, they provide you with transportation from MCO airport to your resort, and deliver your bags for you-- no baggage claim necessary. (They repeat the process when you leave.) You also have transportation within Disney's 4 parks.

I think I would suggest deciding on a resort-- or a classification of resorts-- and then work with a travel agent. He or she can help you find the best deal for your money. I can reccommend the one we worked with last summer; I'll PM you the details.

I have been to both parks and Disneyland was more expensive. There is so much more to do in Disneyworld and its really large. Hotels are much more reasonable at the world and there transportation is great. We had to stay at a good neighbor hotel in Disneyland because Disney's hotels were so expensive. Air fare was expensive for Disneyland but of course we live on the east coast. I really liked Disneyland but I love Disney World. Disney World is my vote its larger and much more to do.

I just checked the Disney Reservation Landing site. Here's what I found:

Travel DatesCheck In July 19, 2013
Check Out July 26, 2013

Travel Party2 Adults
2 Children (Ages 12 & 4)

Resort ChoiceDisney's Pop Century Resort

Dining and Entertainment ChoiceMagic Your Way Package

Park Ticket Choice8 Day Magic Your Way Ticket (That gives you full access to all 4 Disney parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, from opening to closing each day.)

$2202.04 using the Summer Magic Your Way offer. If you throw in the Quick Service Dining plan, the price becomes $3092.36

Neither price includes airfare.

From my experience, previous poster is correct about WDW being cheaper than DL. There is also much more to do.

Have you considered driving to save money? Doing a 7 night stay for a family of 4 on $2000 is going to be tight even before you book travel. For some families, driving just isn't an option but its something to consider.

Good luck, and whatever you decide to do have a great time.

OK, I just hit kayak.com for flights.

I input Dallas Fort Worth as your airport, having no idea where in Texas you are.

Hold your breath.

The price for 4 tickets starts at $1455.20.

Keep looking though; the Memorial Day weekend may mean that flights are unusuallly high or low righ now.

I checked disneyworld.com under special offers your hotel at all star sports value resort your hotel stay with a 6 day park hopper tickets would be 2,202.94 without the park hopper feature it would be 2,054. The Parker feature allows you to go to more than one park a day. Basic ticket means you can only go to the one park that you entered. Check airline prices after Memorial day they are always higher around the holiday.

I forgot to mention if you get a Disney Visa card you get 6 months 0 percent interest to pay off your vacation which is a great deal.

file.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter