New Guy - Dream Holiday Planning!

MoltenTesseract

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

First time poster, so be kind, it's gonna be a long one ;-). Also not sure where this should have gone... so here it is now. My dream holiday is finally coming true in October, a 20 day trip to America! I'm from Australia and this is also my first overseas trip, so I've got a lot of planning ahead of me!

I'm going with my best friends family, who have all but adopted me, and that's only really because you can't adopt a 24 year old. ;-)

Anyways, enough boringness about me. We're booked into the Art of Animation(Lion King Room!) from the 9th-29th, Keeping in mind that the 9th is basically consumed with Travel. We arrive in LA at 7am-ish, and then we're travelling to Orlando, and then using the Magic Our Way pass to get to the hotel in WDW.

So, my question is… does anyone have any tips for international travellers when doing Disney?

We're already planning on getting Disney to ship a large chunk of our purchases back home for us. We're starting with WDW, doing something (possibly NY), and then LA for 2-3 days at Disneyland, so don't want to be flying too many extra bags around the US with us.

We're planning on doing Be Out Guest, which is apparently fairly high prices for America, but compared to Australian prices are completely reasonable. BoG prices are about normal for any low-mid range restaurant/take-away here.

In a sort of a related tangent, one of the people I'm going with is picky about her food(understatement), she needs to eat fresh vegetables daily, is there anywhere on-premises she can get them and then cook them back at the hotel? I've noted there appears to be a few stalls around the parks (eg. Price Eric's) however I can't seem to find a general stock list. When it comes to eating out at restaurants, she basically only eats french-fries(Chips in Aussie land, so If I say chips, this is what I mean). It doesn't appear that many of the restaurants offer this, would Disney be able to accommodate her at places like BoG?

Anyways, enough rambling for now…

Welcome!! I can't really offer a presective on international travelling, but I hope you have a great visit. I'm sure someone on the board will be able to help.

I suspect that she will be able to fine french fires in many places in the parks. You can order groceries to be delivered to your room from a number of services (https://www.gardengrocer.com/). I have never done it because I drive to Disney and then drive to a grocery store for many items.
I will also be there in Oct, and if you aren't doing the Halloween Party you should consider it. It really is amazing.

Hi All!

First time poster, so be kind, it's gonna be a long one ;-). Also not sure where this should have gone... so here it is now. My dream holiday is finally coming true in October, a 20 day trip to America! I'm from Australia and this is also my first overseas trip, so I've got a lot of planning ahead of me!

I'm going with my best friends family, who have all but adopted me, and that's only really because you can't adopt a 24 year old. ;-)

Anyways, enough boringness about me. We're booked into the Art of Animation(Lion King Room!) from the 9th-29th, Keeping in mind that the 9th is basically consumed with Travel. We arrive in LA at 7am-ish, and then we're travelling to Orlando, and then using the Magic Our Way pass to get to the hotel in WDW.

So, my question is… does anyone have any tips for international travellers when doing Disney?

We're already planning on getting Disney to ship a large chunk of our purchases back home for us. We're starting with WDW, doing something (possibly NY), and then LA for 2-3 days at Disneyland, so don't want to be flying too many extra bags around the US with us.

We're planning on doing Be Out Guest, which is apparently fairly high prices for America, but compared to Australian prices are completely reasonable. BoG prices are about normal for any low-mid range restaurant/take-away here.

In a sort of a related tangent, one of the people I'm going with is picky about her food(understatement), she needs to eat fresh vegetables daily, is there anywhere on-premises she can get them and then cook them back at the hotel? I've noted there appears to be a few stalls around the parks (eg. Price Eric's) however I can't seem to find a general stock list. When it comes to eating out at restaurants, she basically only eats french-fries(Chips in Aussie land, so If I say chips, this is what I mean). It doesn't appear that many of the restaurants offer this, would Disney be able to accommodate her at places like BoG?

Anyways, enough rambling for now…

Hello!! Let me first say, congratulations on your up and coming trip!! It is going to be magical, to say the least!

Ok! To start, if you are renting a vehicle, you can always hit a Wal-mart or Publix to get your friend the veggies she needs to sustain her on your trip! If not, there are also many choices through out the parks that offer salads, fruit, and "chips" :sunny:. On the Disney parks website you can research the maps of each park, to help you better navigate the parks. (This is also enjoyable while anticipating your trip!) There are also menus of each and every kiosk, cart, quick and table service restaurants that you can take a look at:sail:. May I also recommend, just taking your time through the parks, it makes for a more enjoyable trip! I hope you enjoy your time in Orlando! Enjoy the anticipation and have a magical day!!:tinker::dumbo::mickeyjum:goofy::earboy2:

:welcome:Dis-Friends :disrocks:

Looks like you have received some great tips from O.P. so I will just welcome you to the board. :thumbsup2

Welcome and what an amazing trip you have planned!! 20 days at Disney...wow!! You will have lots of time to really enjoy the parks and some downtime and non park activities too!! Your friend will find plenty of food options I'm sure if you do some research on all the menus. Enjoy the planning!!

Hello fellow Aussie!
How exciting, sounds like an awesome trip you are going to have. We always do a quick cab trip to walmart to stock up on fresh fruit and vegies the day we arrive. We have also had them awaiting in our room once, but still went to Walmart anyway, after all is an ultimate Aussie tourist attraction. :yay:
There are plenty of places in the park that you can buy fruit etc and chips are pretty much available any where.

We have shipped boxes home before - just make sure you don't accidentally select first class. One box one time cost us $600! We have bought art work etc many times and it usually arrives home not long after us. In perfect condition.

Happy planning and have an awesome trip. (Make sure you do a Halloween party - very special for us Aussie's who don't celebrate)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter