New goal, new me, new excitement!Angie's journal w/Charlo's notes(Motivators welcome)

I have my workout clothes ready to go to the gym right after work tonight. My goal tonight is to have a farther distance that I had on day one...which was 1.82 miles after 25 minutes. :) I will follow up tomorrow morning.

I hope anyone reading this has a great day and evening!!! :)

Okay, so I didn't do W1D2 until Friday after work! It was SO HARD!!! I struggled, but I talked myself through it. And, my distance was 1.85 after 30 minutes. So, I was a bit slower, but again, I FINISHED it!!! I talked myself through it!!! I have my workout clothes with me today, so I'm headed to the gym to do W1D3 soon.

Right now, my biggest struggle is getting enough water in me. I don't dislike it, but it's just not a habit for me to drink it throughout the day. So, I'm working on that. My walking buddy and I remind each other throughout the day to drink some water. We need to do more of that though. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

JacksLilWench - wow, you have just done an awesome job!!!! You go!!! It sounds like we are on the same track, but you are almost to the end of yours...woo who!!! Haha, and I love the car analogy (I love NASCAR racing)...it's so true!!!

I have a walking buddy at work and we either walk for 20 minutes or we lift 5 lb weights in her office. We call it our smoke breaks! :P I will see if I can find a picture of her...she's a petite little thing, but is so encouraging!!! I've been about 99% vegetarian for about two years now. I love it! The only thing I ever miss is the "smell" outside a good steakhouse! I don't miss the taste of meat, but I love to walk by a steakhouse. In fact, a lot of times you can get the best salad and veggies at steakhouses...kind of funny huh? I'm trying to broden my horizons a little and add some new things to my diet, but at the moment I'm eating the same old things. I LOVE home-made taco salads with beans...they have become my recent favorite meal. :) My boyfriend loves cutting up veggies, so it works out great, we do romaine, tomatoes, green peppers, orange peppers, avacado, onions, a few chips, and some hot sauce. SOmetimes we will add some beans too. Yummy, my mouth is watering just thinking about them. And the good thing is that now your veggies are already cut up for a veggie pizza or turkey meatloaf for the next night. :)

I wish I were almost to the end, haha :) My ultimate goal is pretty big- down an additional 45lbs. But I have to break it down into small goals so I don't get discouraged too easily. I tend to get a little short-sighted, haha :) But my pre-Disney goal weight is fairly close, about another 13 or so pounds. That taco salad sounded goooooood, I might have to get the stuff to make one of those!

I wish I were almost to the end, haha :) My ultimate goal is pretty big- down an additional 45lbs. But I have to break it down into small goals so I don't get discouraged too easily. I tend to get a little short-sighted, haha :) But my pre-Disney goal weight is fairly close, about another 13 or so pounds. That taco salad sounded goooooood, I might have to get the stuff to make one of those!

Do you have a journal or anything that I can follow? How has your week gone so far?

That'a a good idea...seeing big numbers is very discouraging. :) Yay, you are SO close to your pre-disney weight...woo who!!! Keep it up!!! :hippie:

Yesterday, I followed the Couch to 5k workout1 for week1. I was able to complete it (surprisingly). My distance was 1.82 miles in 30 minutes. I can't tell you how good it feels to accomplish something like that. It isn't much yet, but it's a lot more than I thought it would be to do at this point. woo who!!!

Now, I'm going to update my goals:
1) NEW GOAL!!!! Run the Cross Roads 5k on October 1, 2011 in Odessa!!!
2) Get down to 195 lbs before the end of June ---> I am back up to 200 right now
3) Get into a size 14 by June ---> I have been able to retire my largest pair of pants because they are just becoming to baggy for me. I have decided to keep them since they are my largest...and I never want to get back to them again. I can't wait until I can donate some of the other ones. Still in a size 16, but making progress all the time.
4) Run/jog 3 days this week; walk or other kind of exercise 2 days during the week ---> I've started off this week pretty well. I completed W1D1 workout. Tonight I plan on doing some kind of yoga or pilates and maybe some walking.
5) Eat healthier---> I've done really good in this area for the last couple of days. It feels so good when I've done good in the exercise and the food sides.

Just a quick note about Monday's workout. I did W1D3 and I struggled to get through it, but I did finish. I am thinking about trying the W2D1 workout, but if I can't do it, then I'll fall back on the W1 plan. :)

Now, I'm going to update my goals:
1) Run the Cross Roads 5k on October 1, 2011 --> completed W1D3 on Monday
2) Get down to 195 lbs before the end of June ---> I am -1 pound today...199 this moring!!! Woo who!!!
3) Get into a size 14 by July ---> no change
4) Run/jog 3 days this week; walk or other kind of exercise 2 days during the week ---> I've done okay this week...not great.
Monday - went to the gym; completed W1D3 (distance 1.82)
Tuesday - rest day
Wednesday - saw the Go Fish boys at my church
Thursday - TODAY...going to the gym to attempt W2D1!!!
5) Eat healthier---> I've been eating lately, except for lunch. I've eaten out 4 of the 4 days at lunch this week...and I've over eaten at all of them. :( That's not a good thing.

I will say that I'm in a better mood for some reason right now. :) I can't explain it, but I have just decided that I will not let others bother me or upset me at work...and it seems to be working thus far. :) I hope yall are having a great day! :)

Do you have a journal or anything that I can follow? How has your week gone so far?

That'a a good idea...seeing big numbers is very discouraging. :) Yay, you are SO close to your pre-disney weight...woo who!!! Keep it up!!! :hippie:

I do have a journal, haha! The link is in my signature...but I think I have to fix it, so here's a direct link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2685191

So far my week has been pretty good. I'm anxious about weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm sure it's over nothing, haha. How has your week gone? Your goals look great!!

PS: WHOOO!!!! Down a pound!!!!!

I do have a journal, haha! The link is in my signature...but I think I have to fix it, so here's a direct link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2685191

So far my week has been pretty good. I'm anxious about weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm sure it's over nothing, haha. How has your week gone? Your goals look great!!

PS: WHOOO!!!! Down a pound!!!!!

I found your journal...and LOVE it!!! :) Thanks so much!!!

Well, tonight I did W2D1 outside with my boyfriend. He's such a super guy!!! He hasn't been running or exercising recently...and he gets on the treadmill the other day and runs for like 8 minutes straight...did I say he was wonderful or a show-off?! :goodvibes All kidding aside, I called him one day and told him I wanted to do a 5K in October, and I wanted him to do it with me. He didn't hesitate for a second. He's so great. He's never had a weight problem in his life, but everyone around him does. He's very supportive!!! We've been together forever, and I just love him.

So, I asked him if he wanted to do my W2D1 workout with me, and he agreed. Again, he can run circles around me. So, he out ran me each time but circled around to check on me after each running segment. I surprised myself a little bit. I had basically talked myself into redoing W1 again, but I decided to try W2's schedule first and see how it goes. It went ok. It was difficult, but I finished it. We walked an extra mile after the run too just to burn some extra calories. I'm proud of myself for sticking with this. I know, it's only the start of week two, but normally I would have given up at this point because it isn't easy. I'm not sure what's motivating me...Disney, the 5k, or c23k program? :confused3 But, I like it so far. :)

Today was my friday off at work, so I didn't get to weigh in, but I don't think anything changed there. Tomorrow morning, we are headed to the farmer's market to get some yummy fruits and veggies. I just need to go to sleep so I can get up in the morning. Good night all, I hope yall have had a blessed week. Enjoy your weekend.

Last night Scott and I went to the gym and he ran forever while I did my jog/walk routine. I was nervous about it for some reason, but I read a great artical about proer breathing for new runners. It helped so much. I will post the link on here as soon as I find it again. So, I completed W2D2 and felt a bit dizzy afterward. I think it's because I don't drink enough water throughout the day. One of these days I will learn that I'm going to have to do that. :-S

Hey girlie! I hadn't heard from you in a while and wanted to see how you were doing! I can't wait to hear about some more of your progress :)

Hey girlie! I hadn't heard from you in a while and wanted to see how you were doing! I can't wait to hear about some more of your progress :)

Hey there, thanks for checking on me. I need to do an update...thanks for the gentle push! :P

I have finished W2D3 of the C25K!!! And, surprisingly, it was relatively easy. I've been working on my breathing lately and trying to improve that. :) I'm a bit nervous about W3, but tonight is the night, so I'm going to give it a try!

Now, let me update my goals:
1) Run the Cross Roads 5k on October 1, 2011 --> completed W2D3 on Monday, July 4th :-)scared: that was over a week ago, man how time flies)
2) Get down to 195 lbs before the end of June ---> Ha, well, I'm in July, so this goal didn't happen. However, I am -2 pounds at 197 this morning!!! :banana: Woo who!!!
3) Get into a size 14 by July ---> no change here, but I have a pair of jeans that are getting so loose.
4) Run/jog 3 days this week; walk or other kind of exercise 2 days during the week ---> Ha, judging by the face used in goal #1, I need to work on this one. I'm going to the gym right after work tonight.
5) Eat healthier---> I've been doing pretty good lately. I am going out for lunch today, but I will try and not over do it and come up with the best options on the menu.

I hope yall have a wonderful day!!! :)

Hey there, thanks for checking on me. I need to do an update...thanks for the gentle push! :P

I have finished W2D3 of the C25K!!! And, surprisingly, it was relatively easy. I've been working on my breathing lately and trying to improve that. :) I'm a bit nervous about W3, but tonight is the night, so I'm going to give it a try!

Now, let me update my goals:
1) Run the Cross Roads 5k on October 1, 2011 --> completed W2D3 on Monday, July 4th :-)scared: that was over a week ago, man how time flies)
2) Get down to 195 lbs before the end of June ---> Ha, well, I'm in July, so this goal didn't happen. However, I am -2 pounds at 197 this morning!!! :banana: Woo who!!!
3) Get into a size 14 by July ---> no change here, but I have a pair of jeans that are getting so loose.
4) Run/jog 3 days this week; walk or other kind of exercise 2 days during the week ---> Ha, judging by the face used in goal #1, I need to work on this one. I'm going to the gym right after work tonight.
5) Eat healthier---> I've been doing pretty good lately. I am going out for lunch today, but I will try and not over do it and come up with the best options on the menu.

I hope yall have a wonderful day!!! :)

Those are some awesome goals! :) I need to update mine as well...I just haven't had the motivation the last week...my job is just zapping it out of me! Well, that and some other non-motivators. Family related nonsense. I won't get into it now, though!

Can't wait to hear your update!!

It's been a while since I have posted or exercised! :( But last night I made myself go. And I was able to complete the W3D1 of the C25K program. I purchased the app on my blackberry, and it it awesome. I love it so much. I just wait for the light to change colors so I can walk again. :) It's that time for me right now, so I haven't weighed in over a week. I will plan on weighing monday at work. We'll see how that goes. I'll post what that number is.

Tomorrow I'm heading to my home town to see my brother and his family and my dad. They don't really know that I've been working towards running for a 5k and 1/2 marathon, so we'll see how that goes. :) I hope to get to see my Aunt Charlo tomorrow too.

I hope yall are having a great Friday. And I hope yall have a safe weekend. Keep cool! :)

So, I just got back from the gym with Scott. He was able to run an extra minute this time...meaning he's up to 13 minutes straight now......SHOW OFF! :rotfl: I did challenge myself a little and added two extra 1.5 minutes sessions of running. And, it didn't bother me too much. The first minute and a half was the worst because of my breathing. My chest was real tight and I just couldn't get a deep breath. But, on the 1.5 minute walk, I was able to catch my breathe and finished much better. :)

I have jury duty tomorrow...yay! This is my first time to ever be called, so I'm a bit nervouse just because I don't know what to do. Oh well, I know I will get through it.

This weekend was a nice weekend, my brother and his family drove into my hometown, and Scott and I did too. It was a really fun time. We spent time with my grandma, my dad, my aunt Charlo, and my uncle Roland. We had a really nice visit. The kids swam in the pool. Hannah, my neice is such a precious and sweet girl. Lane, my nephew is a bit of a toot, but he sure is smart. Tyler, my oldest nephew was with his dad, so we didn't get to see him. I missed seeing him. I saw a very good friend from Junior High at Fuentez (mexicna restaurant). It was so nice to see her. It felt like old times catching up with her.

Well, that was my weekend. I hope yall had a great weekend as well. I'll weigh in at the office as soon as I get there. I'll let you know how it goes.

So, I came here to give an update on the session that I did last night and realized that I never said anything about W3D3. Well, I finised it without any problesm or issues...yay!!!!

Two nights after that, I tried W4D1...and failed miserably. :( I got a cramp after the 5 minute jog. I was so disappointed. :(

Last night I picked myself up and thought I'd tried it again...and I was able to finish it!!! Yay!!! I was SLOW, but I was able to finish it. YAY!!! :banana:

I don't have any other updates at the moment. I hope to be telling you that I have a new number on the scale soon. My smaller pants are getting looser...still the same size, but they don't have any "stretch" in them, so they fit tighter. PROGRESS!!! :D

So, I've taken a week off from running because of working late and my hurt toe. So this morning I went to the gym and repeated week 4again. I need too be more consistant with my training. So my new schedule will make Monday as my rest day. I will be running in the morning now.
I've Ben working out for a total of 45 mins. And from now on I am going to see what my distance is at thed of each workout. This morning my distance was 2.56 miles.

I completed week 4 day 2 tonight. I oversplept, so I ran immediately after work today. I struggled again. This time I mainly struggled with my breathing and keeping my mind on track. I keep telling myself that I can't do it and nearly talked myself out of running at all tonight. At the end of my 45 minutes, i had gone 2.66 miles, so that's a plus for sure. Thank God there is some kind of silver lining to the workout. I plan to do a couple of yoga classes in the morning in my living room. I hope it is a good day tomorrow.

So, I actually got up this morning (early) and completed Week4 again. I woke up at 5 and was at the gym by 5:30. I'm hoping it will become easier with time (to get up earlier that is). I was able to finish the full cycle with only a little struggle today. I also walked out the rest of the 45 mins and finished with a distance of 2.69. Yay, a little more progress!! :)

Last night, Scott and I ran at the college at 9:30PM and it was still 95 degrees. It was hot, hot, hot. But we finished Week4 Day3. We both struggled with the 5 minute runs, and we both agreed that we could have walked faster than we were running...BUT we finished. I felt so good afterwards!!!

I also went and got some Brooks Running Shoes earlier in the day and so far, I like them. I am excited about them. I hpe everyone is having a blessed weekend.

This morning I got up early and headed to the gym to do W5D1 which consists of:

Walk 5 mins
Jog 5 mins
Walk 3 mins
Jog 5 mins
Walk 3 mins
Jog 5 mins

So, I was able to finish this run as scheduled, and then I finished walking the remaining amount of time (45 minutes). I did get a bit of a cramp after the third 5 minute session, so I walked after that. My distance improved a little again...woo who!!! My distance was 2.72 miles after 45 minutes.

Saturday night I went to the gym (with my new running shoes)

Capture.jpg

W5D2 schedule is:

Walk 5 mins
Jog 8 mins
Walk 5 mins
Jog 8 mins

I had to cut each run down by about 30 seconds, but I did make myself run for another 3 minute interval during the last 15 minutes of my workout. Remember, I always set the clock to 45 minutes and walk the remaining time. My distance was 2.72. Woo who!!! It's progress!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter