New Fireworks at MK

RAD,

that's completely normal - they'll be added later. Someone really should make those sort of things a sticky on the planning board.

This show has been in the planning stage for over a year, now whether they were planning the new celebration who knows. This show should be up and running by the beginning of Oct. There are several special events for the press set up for the first week in Oct., and after that the show should be up and running full time.

This show has been in the planning stage for over a year, now whether they were planning the new celebration who knows.
I have no doubt the new fireworks show was established/planned long before this new "celebration". However, Disney is good at producing opportunities to tie new entertainment to an advertising campaign - and this new "celebration", while a bit of a stretch, fits the bill. All the new stuff we are seeing this summer/fall was in no way dependant on the "celebration". Rather, the "celebration" gives them a drum to beat to play up the new stuff, and something to print on the napkins.

thanks. On the WDW website it says that FITS will be showing throughout October. Do you think that this will change nearer the event?

thanks.

PyroT... I will be at WDW Oct 3rd - Oct 12th. Will there be a chance to see this new show then? Will it be like the Mickeys Not So Scary Fireworks that go off all around the park?

Maybe the show will be running since FITS is listed almost every night. Seems last time we went off season, FITS was only twice that week?

Pyro, any chance they will do a soft opening the week of Sept. 14th thru the 21st?

I asked this question on another board, buy I was hoping I could get a response here. I have a MK Fireworks cruise booked for November. Will the Fireworks cruise still be a good option for viewing the "spectacular" with this new "Wishes" show, or am I better off braving the crowds in the park? I guess I am wondering if there will be enough stuff going on in the sky, or will all the really neat stuff be closer to the ground?

My daughter will be 10 when we go to WDW in December. Unfortunately she has a terror of loud noises and there no way I can persuade her to go to a fireworks display.

Is there somewhere she could go in the park with her Grandpa (God bless grandpas...) while we enjoy the show ??????

Also is Spectromagic a parade with lights and no bangs ????

Why not have grandma and grandpa take her to dinner at the California Grille at the top of the Contemporary resort. If it's timed right and the right table is requested, they could watch the fireworks over dinner.

Correct Spectromagic is all lights and music, no bangs.

Thank you so much Micfan, we may just all go to the California Grille for dinner.........great idea.

We will probably also go to Spectromagic........no bangs !!!

Thanks and Hi also from Hannah ...age 9 :D

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but after watching that video of "Dreams," it seemed to me that there are not as many fireworks in "Dreams" as in FITS. Also, are the MK foreworks higher than the DL fireworks? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Does anyone have a source for a video of FITS?

I read somewhere that FITS uses 300 shells and lasts 8 minutes. The new one uses 800 shells and lasts 12 minutes.

Highland Lass, PLEASE plan on Spectromagic. It's too beautiful to miss! We see it whenever we can and it is truly gorgeous. My children love it. The colors and music are just lovely. Get there early and get a curb seat. Don't miss it! It's hard to describe in a way that does it justice... kinda like Christmas lights are so much more magical than just the lights? The parade really is a must-see.

Hi Colleen Costello

Thanks for the advice.

I will take Hannah to Spectromagic.She will possibly miss out on the magic of the fireworks so I really want her to see a "bang" free parade.

She has a real terror of the noise fireworks make, its not just a little concern. She goes pale and shakes and cries and won't take her hands from her ears, she says the noise hurts her head. Maybe she has super-sensitive hearing ?? Maybe if there was a laser show we could go there, anyone know ???

I'll let you know how we get on.

We leave home on 30th November.....counting the days......

The weirdness of little kids is amazing. My daughter HATES bugs. She screams at so much as a gnat. We have been inside all summer (except to swim) and she's got my son scared now too. Yet these same kids are fearless around big dogs and scary movies -- go figure! And my daughter held a giant Malaysian cockroach at the science museum the other day! She said it was so big it didn't seem like a bug (it sure did to me!).

Lots of kids are scared of fireworks. They ARE loud. She may have a sensitive ear. My hubby has one ear that is real sensitive to certain sounds. Said he's always been that way and no doc could ever explain it. Certain noises, not all loud, drive him NUTS. Folks are sensitive to different kinds of things!

Spectromagic will make up for the missed fireworks. Fantasmic is neat but probably too noisy for your daughter.

:bounce: I can NOT wait to see this new show!!! Where will be the best viewing spot? If it is as good as Believe we are all in for a real treat!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter