New Fireworks at MK

PyroT

Earning My Ears
The new fireworks show for Mk will probably be up and running by Nov. '03. It is going to incorporate several of the buildings around the castle, and the main fireworks site.

Is it true that during off seasons the MK only has fireworks on Saturdays? I'm wondering specifically about early October. If so, it makes me sad - that is one of the things a person remembers most, I think.

What do you think?

Sounds cool, is it going to be a modified Fantasy in the Sky or a whole new show with new music?

Found this recently on WDWMAGIC.....................
28 April 2003: MK Fireworks Show Update

Further to the 7 February 2003 update below, rumors inside MK indicate that the new firework show has been given final approval. The preliminary name of the show is "Wishes", and will feature narration by Jiminy Cricket, and an all new musical score.

As witnessed by the testing a few months back, there will be brand new pyro effects, never before used, and 8 new launch locations.

Finally, more good news...
The opening date looks to be moving towards October 2003, rather than December 2003. Please remember though, this is unconfirmed speculation, and as always, is subject to change.
This does sound cool, or should I say Kewl :smooth:. The MK really did need an update of the fireworks. While seeing fireworks over the castle is Magical +, the show itself is less than spectacular. When you see fireworks like they have during events like MVMCP you realize how truely incredible they can be. It sounds like this may be a step in that direction. In my rounds I have seen rumors of this new show being up as early as October, or as late as January, 2004. I hope we get to see it on our early December trip.

Pyro-loved you in xmen 2 saw the midnight showing you were great :D

'As witnessed by the testing a few months back, there will be brand new pyro effects, never before used, and 8 new launch locations.'

PHATTTTTT. and as long as i get that tear in my eye at the end im happy

This won't be like Fantasmic, this will still use the existing fireworks site, plus we will be using sites inside the park, similar to Sorcery. This will be a great show, it will definately put a tear in your eye.

This won't be like Fantasmic, this will still use the existing fireworks site, plus we will be using sites inside the park, similar to Sorcery. This will be a great show, it will definately put a tear in your eye.
Wow, here and on the Studios construction thread, new posters (single digits) making strong statements about new shows and attractions. Who are you guys? Give us more details on who you are, what you know, and from what sources - or tell us why you can't tell us...............pleeeeaaase ;).

To tell you the truth ....I'm not sure I would even know if there was a new fireworks display.

It is going to incorporate several of the buildings around the castle, and the main fireworks site.

Pyro,

First off, welcome aboard. Big fan of your work.
Are the new fireworks still going to be visable from the Cali Grille, or will people not be able to see the whole show from there? I realize it might still be a little early to ask.

~Chris

Will "Wishes" be similar to "Believe" in Disneyland? I still tear up 2 years later when I listen to the soundtrack. That was a special fireworks show, a perfect way to end a special day.:)

Wow! My DH and I LOVE Sorcery. We think it's one of the best FW shows anywhere. If the new MK show approaches that, we may have to renew our AP's when they expire in Oct!!!

We were staying at WL last Oct during Halloween festivities and loved the perimeter FW on Seven Seas Lagoon. It was beautiful to watch from all around the lagoon. Almost felt bad for folks inside the park as it was SO spectacular from GF and Poly.

Can't wait to hear more!!!

... In May they ran an extra Fantasy in the Sky show on a Tuesday nite, but no tinkerbell. Is she gone for good or was this just an isolated incident? The cable is still there.

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, been a little busy. This show will have Tink in it, but this show will be different from any other show that we do as far as fireworks go.

Just saw that the October hours have been posted on the Disney site and I don't see on single date where there is a fireworks program during the month, even on Saturdays where the park is open until 10 or 11PM. That stinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter