New FD Bounceback is out

I booked the bb offer for WL standard view for late August/ early September 2017 on 8/29/16 the last day of our trip and there was availability. The cost seemed less to me as well maybe because it is value season, not sure but happy with the quoted price and FD.

I called for our BB at 7:30 am. We plan on June 3-11 2017 and I asked for CBR. Only pirate rooms available. Asked for CSR, only business class left. Moved on to POR and they had garden and pool view. Took the garden but so disappointing. We really wanted a better pool than POR has. I may call and price out deluxe but I don't think I can swing it really. We will still have a great trip I am sure!

Booked bounceback for December 8-17. Only moderate available was CBR which is actually what I wanted. There was nothing at the others and only preferred there. I checked sept 9-18 and got only preferred at CBR, buisness class at CSR and anything at POR except standard. Doesn't appear to be much availability.

Booked bounceback for December 8-17. Only moderate available was CBR which is actually what I wanted. There was nothing at the others and only preferred there. I checked sept 9-18 and got only preferred at CBR, buisness class at CSR and anything at POR except standard. Doesn't appear to be much availability.
Thanks for the report. I think I'll call the first day we arrive, I'm worried about availability. Doesn't sound good.

Just got back and booked our BB offer on 9/8. We wanted to book CBR for Aug 13-19th but there was nothing available for parties of 5. And on top of that only Pirate Rooms. POR had rooms for 5 but only water view...which ended up being about $300 more than what I priced CBR for 5 as before I left. We still needed two rooms in addition to the room for 5 and POR was more expensive than CBR plus we would need to get water view for all rooms to try to get them connecting. We ended up booking two FW Cabins instead. Kinda bummed about the lack of available options for our party. I thought booking during BB time would be less crazy than normal free dining booking but it seemed basically the same. Good luck everyone still looking to book BB. Hope you all get what you want.

We chose standard CSR over POR this year for the first time. CSR was a nice resort. It was quiet. We enjoyed it. But I have one big beef. While entrees were delicious, their drink selections and side selections were crap for us when we used our counter service credits at the Pepper Market. There was no vitamin water, smart water, fresh cut fruits or vegetables, hummus and dip, etc....If your sides are important to you, and you plan to eat at your resort counter service location, I would choose POR.
There was definitely vitamin water in the case at Pepper Market in July. Fruits, cut veggies, and better bottled drink selections can be had a few steps away at Café Rix. DH liked to have the hot breakfast at PM, but the kids and I usually chose to use snack credits (or one QS = three snacks) for breakfast for bagels or muffins with fruit and chocolate milk or juice.

I called for our BB at 7:30 am. We plan on June 3-11 2017 and I asked for CBR. Only pirate rooms available. Asked for CSR, only business class left. Moved on to POR and they had garden and pool view. Took the garden but so disappointing. We really wanted a better pool than POR has. I may call and price out deluxe but I don't think I can swing it really.
How much more was CSR-BC than POR garden view...? It's probably not that much more per night, and definitely cheaper than deluxe.

There was definitely vitamin water in the case at Pepper Market in July. Fruits, cut veggies, and better bottled drink selections can be had a few steps away at Café Rix. DH liked to have the hot breakfast at PM, but the kids and I usually chose to use snack credits (or one QS = three snacks) for breakfast for bagels or muffins with fruit and chocolate milk or juice.

Too bad I missed the vitamin water in July. There was none in August. I did notice the much better drink selection and the fruits and veggies at Cafe Rix. I asked the managers of both the Pepper Market and Cafe Rix if I could get my entree at the Pepper Market and my two sides at Cafe Rix, but both said no. That's understandable, but because of the lack of Pepper Market sides on the dining plan, we generally chose to eat elsewhere.

If you book the bounceback for 9/9/17 - 9/16/17, would you get Free Dining for the whole time period? The bounceback period ends on 9/9/17.
From my understanding, if the offer ends on 9/9/17, then that is when the free dining ends. You will have to pay the difference for the rest of the time.

From my understanding, if the offer ends on 9/9/17, then that is when the free dining ends. You will have to pay the difference for the rest of the time.
Hi! This is actually incorrect. When booking a hotel package like free dining, your check-IN date is the only date that needs to fall within the promotion period. When booking a room only reservation, ALL dates need to fall in the promotion period in order to qualify for the discount for the entire trip. So in the above scenario, you could get free dining for the entire time if you arrive by 9/9/17. Hope this helps!

Hi! This is actually incorrect. When booking a hotel package like free dining, your check-IN date is the only date that needs to fall within the promotion period. When booking a room only reservation, ALL dates need to fall in the promotion period in order to qualify for the discount for the entire trip. So in the above scenario, you could get free dining for the entire time if you arrive by 9/9/17. Hope this helps!

Yes, agree, I have done it.

Back when F&W started beginning of October but FD was over ....... I would book as late as I could for FD check-in even though my trip ran into the no FD dates. I got FD for my entire trip.

Just like if you booked before FD started but your trip ran in to days where it was offered. You do not get FD on the dates within because you did not check-in on a FD date.

So if someone forgot the brochure, checked out, and tried to make a bounce back reservation while waiting for their flight at MCO, they would call the number on the brochure at the beginning of this thread and everything should be ok?
I just did this today and it worked. We left for the airport via our rental car at 445 am and during our layover in San Francisco at 1000 est I called from my cell phone to book. When we left this morning we never went to the front desk and formally checked out. I don't know if that makes a difference.

How much more was CSR-BC than POR garden view...? It's probably not that much more per night, and definitely cheaper than deluxe.

It was a total of $480 difference. We can get breakfast food from Garden Grocer for a lot less and won't need any more snacks with all the food included. It will work out better at POR if we can get an AB room so DS doesn't have to sleep on the floor. Poor kid is the only boy and at 14 does not want to snuggle with grandma, me or his girl cousin!

@trvlgirlmq - I've never stayed in the AB rooms that sleep five, but I believe the Murphy bed is small, not quite a twin. Your 14 year old may or may not fit comfortably.

@trvlgirlmq - I've never stayed in the AB rooms that sleep five, but I believe the Murphy bed is small, not quite a twin. Your 14 year old may or may not fit comfortably.

We are a small family. He is only 58 inches tall and the bed measures 63 inches so he should be fine. We can always pull the mattress to the floor so he can stretch out if he for some reason gets a weird growth spurt (he has never grown 5 inches in a year).

For anyone interested in the value resorts, the CM I talked with today said they are wide open for the free dining bounce back. The info card was actually in our packet at All Star Music.
Good news since I am looking for AS Music for next August.

Has there been any update on when the bounce back will end? I know lots of people were being told end of October?

We did online check in for Wednesday. Can I call the number anytime after 7 am to book??
What are the chances of getting two standard rooms at the values for August 13-18 ????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter