Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

I thought I read somewhere in this post that the desk in the bedroom had a power strip. Can anyone cofirm that? Don't want to pack one if I don't need to! TIA

Just booked for my DW, and my 2 DDs, 9 and 8. Also, my dad and mom are coming, there first time to DW. My dad is so excited, he is more excited than my girls. He says he will be fine sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Will he be ok, you think, or should I bring a blow up queen air mattress (blows up to full size height), or will it be comfortable enough. He just retired, and is in pretty good shape, I am just worried that he won't be able to get enough rest.

We will be staying under the Free Dining offer from Sept 25th thru Oct 2nd.

Woo-hoo!! Booked our suite online last night!!! Staying Dec 5th thru 12th!!! Pics look awesome!! The suite will be a lifesaver with my daughter only being 4 and my stepson 13. Won't have to worry about sleeping arrangements!!

I think that we did a great choice to stay in the All-Star Music Family suites for Feb 2013!

HELP! My son and I just booked a Suite at All Star Music Resort, we always stay at the POP and decided to change things up, can anyone please tell me what building should I request. I am a single parent and I am looking for the buliding closest to the bus pick up and the buliding that will have the shortest walk to my car. oh and the building that is away from the pool,we dont use the pool and dont care to hear the noise from it.When we stay at the POP we always stay in the rubix cube building facing the parking lot.Any help would be nice, If anyone would like to tell me the major differences staying at the All Star Movie resort verses the POP I would love to hear any information or advice! Thanks Kimberly & Evan

All of the family suites are in the All Star Music, not All Star Movies. With that being said, the suites are in the Jazz and Clypso buildings which are the "preferred" buidlings. I believe Clypso is the closest to Melody Hall and the bus stop.
I can't tell you any differences between ASMu and POP as I have never stayed at either hotel... yet! Staying in a suite in August and I can't wait!

HELP! My son and I just booked a Suite at All Star Music Resort, we always stay at the POP and decided to change things up, can anyone please tell me what building should I request. I am a single parent and I am looking for the buliding closest to the bus pick up and the buliding that will have the shortest walk to my car. oh and the building that is away from the pool,we dont use the pool and dont care to hear the noise from it.When we stay at the POP we always stay in the rubix cube building facing the parking lot.Any help would be nice, If anyone would like to tell me the major differences staying at the All Star Movie resort verses the POP I would love to hear any information or advice! Thanks Kimberly & Evan

I can't help with a comparison of ASMusic and POP, but maybe I can help with location in ASMusic.

First, here is a map. Family Suites are in the Calypso buildings and the Jazz buildings. Bus stops are in front of Melody Hall.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmusicmap.htm

When you request, make your most important request first. Calypso buildings would seem to fit your needs, but you may get a pool view that you don't want. If you really don't want any chance of a pool view, request the Jazz buildings. I didn't think that the Jazz buildings are that far from the bus stops, but we haven't stayed in Jazz. If your room was on a Jazz building side facing building 8 or 3, I could see how you might feel far from the bus stop.

If not having a pool view is more important that being in the Calypso buildings, your request would read "no pool view, Calypso buildings".

If being in a Calypso building is more important, your request would read "Calypso building, no pool view". (This was my request on our last trip, and we did get a Family Suite in Calypso overlooking the pool. Next time, I'll go back to the front desk and see if they can find another room!).

As you can see from the map, parking lot access is good with Jazz or Calypso.

Have a great trip!

I may have missed it, but can anyone what type of soap/shampoo the suites have? I'm taking my niece and nephew and need to know if I should plan on bringing a bar of Mickey soap from my last trip. :rolleyes1

I know some values have/had pump dispensers for the shampoo or soap. We were at Pop last year and they were small bottles and single bars there.

TIA!

I may have missed it, but can anyone what type of soap/shampoo the suites have? I'm taking my niece and nephew and need to know if I should plan on bringing a bar of Mickey soap from my last trip. :rolleyes1

I know some values have/had pump dispensers for the shampoo or soap. We were at Pop last year and they were small bottles and single bars there.

TIA!
Same as Pop. None of values have dispensers any more.:thumbsup2

Thank you for the quick answer about the soaps. One less thing I have to plan for my niece and nephew's surprise trip. :cool1:

Thanks to all, especially Linda, for all the great information. Our first ever Disney vacation is only a month away. Our original reservation was at POR but we switched to ASMu family suites a few months ago. I have no questions or concerns because of guys like you willing to share your experiences. Just wanted to pass along a huge hug and *Thanks* from a very grateful newbie.:tigger:

This is such a fun thread. We're staying at the suites for the first time next month. I am so excited! The pictures are wonderful. I can't decide if I would rather stay in Calypso or Jazz. It would be great to be close to everything, but I don't want to be kept up late with all the noise either. Are the upper floors in Calypso loud, too?

We stayed in building 1 Calypso last Sept. We were in a perferred room (not a suite) on the 3rd floor facing the pool. I did not think it was noisy. If you had the door open, maybe you could hear everything. I found facing the pool was just fine. I enjoy seeing everyone having fun. You could almost see the movie screen at night.popcorn::

Just got back from our stay in room 412 - Calypso building 10. It was the handicap accessible room.... set up a bit differently as far as the kitchenette and one bathroom. It ROCKED! I would stay there again! We were in the back away from the pool. If you looked out the windows, all you saw was foilage. I would recommend this place to anyone with kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter