NEW Eastern Itinerary Info

Michelle

<font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl
Disney Magic Eastern - San Juan (8/7/04, 8/21/04, and 9/4/04)
Saturday- Port canaveral
Sunday-At sea
Monday-At Sea
Tuesday- St. Thomas
Wednesday-San Juan
Thursday-At Sea
Friday-Castaway Cay
Saturday-Port Canaveral

Disney Magic Eastern- Antigua (9/18/04, 10/2/04)
Saturday- Port canaveral
Sunday-At sea
Monday-At Sea
Tuesday- Antigua
Wednesday-St. Thomas
Thursday-At Sea
Friday-Castaway Cay
Saturday-Port Canaveral

Just FYI! :)

Is this just the testing? I am planning a cruise for May 2005 and I am curious what awaits for that time period!

I am so glad that they are keeping the 2 days at sea, I just love those days. I am also glad that they are keeping St. Thomas/St. John it is a beautiful place and lots to do there!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I wish they would have kept St Maarten instead of St Thomas..oh well. Michelle do you have the times for each new port?

Wow, That is a great move on their part. We had a great time at the Beach in St. Martin but going back more than once wouldn't be as much fun. Now I could see 2 days at St. Thomas/St. John, there was so much you could do there that 2 days would be better.

I don't know much about those other 2 new ones. What is everyones' experience with those 2??

We have done the Eastern twice. My family and I all like St. Thomas/St. John much better than St. Maarten. At least, in our opinions we were hoping they would keep St. Thomas.

I agree there is so much to do. The first time we went we only did St. Thomas, this year we did both St. Thomas and St. John Excursions. We had the schedule crammed full. Plus, it is so beautiful to go to Paradise Point and look down at the beautiful island. My mother says it is beautiful at Mountain Top at Magens Bay. Anyway, I guess you can tell I am excited they are keeping St. Thomas.

Do you think they will continue it for December of 2004?! That is when we cruise and I would love to try somewhere new -San Juan or Antigua sound fine to me!!

Which one of these will it follow?
DJ

(OK, I think I get it, the one you posted as September 21st is the one it follows. Right? Sorry, I was going by the date it first sails).

I'm also curious about the arrival and departure times for each port. While I'm glad DCL is looking at new ports, I would really like to see them extend the time on St. Thomas - especially to allow time for a real visit to St. John.

Please let us know if you have any timing information! Thanks!

April

I just noticed there were a couple of other threads with this info, sorry for the duplicate...I just posted quickly before running out this morning.

I don't have port times yet but as soon as we do I will post those as well. I'm guessing they won't be radically different between Antigua and St. Maarten since they are fairly close; I'm not sure for San Juan.

The pricing will be similar to the other Eastern sailings in the fall; the only difference would be if there are any differences in port charges for the new ports on these sailings.

This IS just for these sailings only at this point; knowing DCL they will certainly want guest feedback about these ports and I'm sure they will take that into consideration when planning future itineraries. :)

I too will miss St Marteen. On my November cruise I will not even be getting off the ship at St Thomas. I found out on my last cruise that St Thomas is the most expensive port for the Magic to visit? St Maarten seems to have much more of a caribbean feel to it. St Johnswas beautiful, but - been there, done that!!

Looking forward to Antigua and San Juan though!

I am so excited!! I've always wanted to go to Puerto Rico and I hope they extend the San Juan one to other weeks as well--like Nov./Dec. which is my favorite time!

Michelle,

We're going on the 12/27 Eastern. Any word if they will extend this change beyond October?

This is our 3rd DCL cruise - second Eastern and we'd love to go somewhere else other than St. Maarten.

Thanks!
Michele

Well we are booked! We are going on the September 18th one with the Antigua route. Got one of the Secret Porthole rooms too! My twin DDs will be celebrating their 11th birthday on this cruise! Can't wait. We have never been on the Eastern Cruise, so it will all seem new to us!

Anyone joining us!
:cool:
DJ

Wow. No St. Maarten means no Guavaberry Coladas and no Golden Eagle Catamaran. Those were two of my favorite things about our last 7-day cruise. I am glad that I'm not in charge of choosing the destinations.

Westjones...Did they give you the times that you will be in port?

Joanna

No, I don't know the port times.

We have never been in that area, so whatever the times, I am sure we will enjoy it. I am just excited that we get to do a 7 day cruise for our twins' birthday. We were going to wait until 2005, but I was afraid the Magic would be in dry dock again during their birthday and my girls have been begging for another 7 day. They were VERY happy at the news today!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter