new DVC site

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by disneyobessed, Mar 28, 2013.

1. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

ugh.. I just tried to go on my dvcmember page.. and I can no longer get in without my 1 time activation code?? I dont have it anymore.. I used it once to register back in 2008... How do I log in? We get there in 15 days and I was going to check in online.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Try a different browser. If that doesn't work, call MS. Good luck!

4. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Call the standard 800 number and select Member Services from the first prompt (#1). Listen the options, and there's one for help with the web site. They'll be able to give you a new one-time code.

5. nabi

nabi Home at Disney often!

And they proved to be very patient in accomplishing the linking.... I must've typed in the code a dozen times with ms giving me it each time (I told her I shoul've just wrote it down, but we thought it'd work each time!):lovestruc

6. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

I shut everything down - to turning off the computer - unplug it.

next day everything was fine.

there is something else that can mix it up - do your use the same userid and password - for EVERYTHING on Disney website - disneyworld, games, disney.go - if you don't it can be confused.

7. WMorganS

WMorganS Flapping My Ears

The problem could have to do with Windows. Try moving your computer over next to a door.

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I can no longer get into the member website with IE9 w/Windows Vista. I have to use Chrome.

9. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

If you registered with the code back in 2008 you should have a user name and password now. It's a "one time" activation code. So when you used it back in 2008, it wouldn't be valid anymore.

Is there a forgot password link you can click on?

10. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

This error comes up when your DVC user account and another Disney web site fall out of sync with one another. It has nothing to do with a lost password. The only way to resolve it is to have member services issue a new code to allow the accounts to be re-linked.

11. Gomer

Gomer Earning My Ears

Good luck. I've been locked out of the dvcmember site for 2 months due to this issue. I initially called back in February. MS said I'd receive a reset email in the next few days. 2 weeks later all I received was an email stating they were happy I'd gotten my access back. Only problem was, I hadn't.

Since then I've been trying to resolve with them. They deleted my other disney site logins, but all that has done is locked me out of the My Disney experience App, my ESPN fantasy baseball, and disney.com.

I definitely suggest working via phone to have it fixed. I made the mistake of attempting to resolve through email, and I've waited up to 2 weeks for responses from them. By the time I got back to attempting to resolve via phone, the whole thing was so messed up that one support person I talked to just told me
    "I have no idea how to fix this".

So, don't make my mistake. Call them. Have them resend you the code upfront, and don't let 5 different people try to fix it in 5 different ways. It only makes it worse. I wish you all the luck in the world. :)