• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC owner her, any chance I will be able to get a reservation anywhere for Christmas week?

OLIVIA'S DADDY

Mouseketeer
any chance in getting a room for Christmas week if I book next month? I close in a week and was just curious as my daughter said that's what she wants to do for Christmas. Are we too late?

There is some partial availability here and there, but I chose only full availability to keep you from moving from one resort to another. Next month will also put you at the 7 mos mark so this is positive for your chances that not all things are booked up. Also, be ready to book at 7 mos mark, things will quickly book at that point. And be flexible in where you stay and the amount of points you are willing to spend out. Its not always like this, but Christmas week is popular. Here is the scenario for Dec. 23-30
Studio...AKL Kidani, OKW, Poly and SSR
1 bed...AKL Kidani, BWV, OKW, SSR and VWL(VWL is a tough one always in Dec. because of how beautiful it is, plus its the smallest on property, but this year is different with construction going on. If this is still available, this would be my choice. Folks are giving positive reviews these days even with construction)

There is some partial availability here and there, but I chose only full availability to keep you from moving from one resort to another. Next month will also put you at the 7 mos mark so this is positive for your chances that not all things are booked up. Also, be ready to book at 7 mos mark, things will quickly book at that point. And be flexible in where you stay and the amount of points you are willing to spend out. Its not always like this, but Christmas week is popular. Here is the scenario for Dec. 23-30
Studio...AKL Kidani, OKW, Poly and SSR
1 bed...AKL Kidani, BWV, OKW, SSR and VWL(VWL is a tough one always in Dec. because of how beautiful it is, plus its the smallest on property, but this year is different with construction going on. If this is still available, this would be my choice. Folks are giving positive reviews these days even with construction)
The 7 month window for a stay starting Dec 23 is in two days not next month.

I think you will be able to get something - a 1 bedroom is more likely than a studio. Don't be afraid to use the waitlist. Good luck!

The 7 month window for a stay starting Dec 23 is in two days not next month.
My bad, you are right! I should know better than to count on my fingers for math:tilt:

There is always a chance. Sept 2014 we decided we wanted to go to Disney for Christmas and we needed two 2-bedrooms. Nothing was available so we put in a wait list at SSR. 32 days out, we got both rooms.

any chance in getting a room for Christmas week if I book next month? I close in a week and was just curious as my daughter said that's what she wants to do for Christmas. Are we too late?
I'd say the chances are high for getting something. Just be prepared, chose your best option and if necessarily, book partial and wait list in small increments. So you'd want to be have a specific plan as to the resort and unit type you want and think you can get as well as an understanding of the wait list and it's best use as well as it's limitations. If you want a studio, my statements still apply but a 1 BR may give you more options.

Thanks for all the advice, fingers crossed. We wouldn't mind trying a one bedroom or moving resorts once or twice if we had to. Thanks!

have you tried logging into your DVC acct page to see if you can make a reservation? We were able to make a reservation before the official closing. We had called MS for another reason and they advised us we could make reservations! We were pleasantly surprised, we were waiting till our closing date, thinking that was the official date... Good luck! :)

have you tried logging into your DVC acct page to see if you can make a reservation? We were able to make a reservation before the official closing. We had called MS for another reason and they advised us we could make reservations! We were pleasantly surprised, we were waiting till our closing date, thinking that was the official date... Good luck! :)
Did you buy direct? I don't think that works for resale. They drag it out for resales.

Maybe SSR, maybe split stay at multiple resorts, maybe a 1BR...possible. Also use the waitlist but it will be more likely to come through if you break it up and waitlist 2-3 nights at a time. Good luck!

I think that only works for add ons, because MS would still need to set up the account and they don't do that until after closing. With an add on your account is already set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter