New DVC Member-Even Better than We Thought!

Welcome home and congrats. There are times I grouse a bit about things but really I have no regrets about my DVC purchase. I thoroughly enjoy Saratoga Springs, my home resort, but swapped my points this year and next for a week in June at Aulani. Can't wait!

Enjoy it!!!

Welcome Home! We bought resale in 2012 and have no regrets. We love DVC! My only complaint is lack of updating resorts in a timely fashion. Our home resort, BCV, is long overdue for refurb. Other than that we are happy with our purchase and if we decided we wanted to sell our contract now, I could sell for almost double what I paid...hard to believe. Hoping to add on eventually but hate to pay today's prices. Hope you enjoy your membership.

Welcome Home! We bought resale in 2012 and have no regrets. We love DVC! My only complaint is lack of updating resorts in a timely fashion. Our home resort, BCV, is long overdue for refurb. Other than that we are happy with our purchase and if we decided we wanted to sell our contract now, I could sell for almost double what I paid...hard to believe. Hoping to add on eventually but hate to pay today's prices. Hope you enjoy your membership.
Welcome Home from an Old Timer...owners since 1993

This makes me so happy to hear! We have been owners since 2000 and still love it. We own BW and BLT but recently used points to stay at the Grand Califorian villas and it was wonderful. So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Making a fairly rare post....

Good for you - you bought in :).

All I can relate is what is in our family's spreadsheet. I have tracked our actual costs (dues and upfront investment), vs DISCOUNTED room costs. We are homed at the VWL. Unlike many, this is ALWAYS where we stay - twice per year, since 2013.

Our current cost, taking into account our investment, loss of interest, tax, etc.... is just about 25% of rack: both for the VWL, and a comparable public room within the WL proper. We will achieve total investment break even in 2018.... FIVE YEARS.

This wasn't me being brilliant.... rather, it was the result of WDW DISCOUNTED Rack Rates going up FAR faster than even I thought they would. I thought it would take EIGHT years to hit Break Even :). I'm pretty happy that I was wrong :).

Just me - you did something brilliant, as long as, like us, you intend to keep GOING. You lost, at best, about 1% guaranteed interest on that up front cash (Please - no Stock Market, or other gambling comments....). Just my estimate - but it looks like you got into an investment you LIKE, returning just about 15% yearly compounded interest (at least, that's what we are seeing).

Now - of course, none of this is worth ANYTHING unless one is just going to go to WDW :). In our case? We have, and we WILL. I could not be happier, giving WDW a cool $28K in cash up front - MY family made out like Bandits :). I hope your's does too :).

Disclaimer: All posts by user Dean Marino are Personal Opinion only - any post may be removed by a Moderator at any time as specified by Board Rules, with my full permission and cooperation. I choose to not reply to any quotes, PMs, or comments, as I have personally found this action to be counterproductive.

I like your post Dean.

We bought VGF and plan to stay at that resort almost all the time. Compared to what it costs to stay in the main hotel, we will likely break even in less than five years. We have also decided that we pretty much always want a 1 bedroom which makes it even MORE worth it.

We too feel that we got one heck of an awesome deal!!!:sunny:

We had it 10 years...I own at the BW and BLT.

It has given us many great vacations in a nice size unit. We usually get the 1 Brm so having the full kitchen has saved us tons of money while at the resorts. And I love the washer and dryer...crazy I know. While others pay $6000-$8000 for their trips I spend under $2000 which includes tickets and the mf on the points I use. My last trip...2 nights at GFV 1 Brm and 3 nights at poly cost me $800 on mf, $600 in tickets I will use for my March trip and about $200 in food for 3 people. I love not getting a bill for the room cost at the end of the trip too.

2 years ago it cost me $1600 for 6 days in a 1 bedroom, tickets and food.

But the best part is that DVC has kept its value. I can sell my points and make a nice profit right now or I can keep them and rent them out and make a nice profit year after year.

i book online and only call MS if I need to link a reservation. Always have gotten a room I wanted even a 2 bedroom at BLT at 3.5 months out.....

Love the new a availability tool.

Love the perks too...getting 10-20% off certain restaurants is nice.

Love the variety of resorts to pick from. We spent a week at Vero beach in March and just got back from GFV and poly. Loved the GFV..absolutely amazing, but the poly was just okay.

But that's the beauty of DVC, so many choices to fit all your family needs.

My favorite resort is the BW. But my favorite rooms are at the BLT and GFV.
Favorite location is the Poly due to being so close to transportation center was great to catch the express monorail to And from the MK and monorail to Epcot without going through the resort loop. The resort monorail takes forever....took me 20 minutes from GF to contemporary.

Enjoy your membership!

Welcome home! Just purchased and taking our first trip in January! We are thrilled and looking forward to adding on more points in a few years. Disney is really our second home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter