Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scaffolding goes all the way to the roof, so the 4th through 7th floors would be affected. They are sealing up cracks and gaps to keep critters out of the roof area and also making other repairs to all the balconies and building fronts.
Wow, ok...I can see how it would affect alot of rooms now!

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already...since refillable mugs are RFID now do we have access to fill them 24 hours/day like at The Contempary or do the doors to a Roaring Forks get locked?

Holy cow, that is a mess!:(

It does look like a mess, but honestly I didn't notice the scaffolding at all until I was trying to go into the door in front of Roaring Forks. We ate at Artist Point one night and you could see it but it wasn't obtrusive. I guess if I was staying in one of the rooms above there I'd be pretty unhappy.

It does look like a mess, but honestly I didn't notice the scaffolding at all until I was trying to go into the door in front of Roaring Forks. We ate at Artist Point one night and you could see it but it wasn't obtrusive. I guess if I was staying in one of the rooms above there I'd be pretty unhappy.
I know I would be!!

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already...since refillable mugs are RFID now do we have access to fill them 24 hours/day like at The Contempary or do the doors to a Roaring Forks get locked?

Roaring Fork is closed from midnight until 6 AM, so there is not a mug refill station available during those times. Your RFID mugs will work at the other resorts though, so you can fill them up while you are visiting over there if you have them with you.

Could I just ask what do you mean by the mugs RFID? It's been 4 years since our last visit to Wdw . What is the current price for a refillable mug?

Could I just ask what do you mean by the mugs RFID? It's been 4 years since our last visit to Wdw . What is the current price for a refillable mug?

Starting in September 2013, the refillable mugs now have an RFID chip in them that activates the dispensers, so that an old or expired mug may no longer be used to get soda. The mugs now cost
$8.99 for one day, $11.99 for two days, $14.99 for three days, or $17.99 for Length of Stay. Disney has implemented this system at all of the resorts, and one benefit is that now the mugs are valid at all resorts, not just the resort where you are staying.

Welcome. You'll find everything you want to know about WL here, along with a lot of great people.

To answer your questions, all of the regular CL rooms are on the 7th floor, which requires CL access to get to and is where the CL lounge is. Also skim milk is available at Roaring Fork (The QS restaurant and mug refill area) and in the Mercantile (store in the lobby), and may be available in the CL lounge, but someone else will have to chime in on that.

Happy planning and enjoy your trip.

Thank you! We want to give our DS13 a little independence this trip. Having the lounge on the same floor makes it easy for me to let him go get drinks/snacks by himself. He's at that age where independently doing errands for the rest of us appeals to him. Win-win!

Hi we are coming over to WL for the 1st time in July (well 1st time to WDW) from the UK. We will be arriving mid afternoon jetlagged but trying to get onto florida timezone as quickly as we can. However we are likely to be awake very early on the 1st morning. What time is the 1st boat to MK?

Also I read somewhere that there is a 1st family thing where you get to hoist the flag over the hotel, how do you apply to do that?

thanks

Ian

Just booked a courtyard view oct 16-24! So excited. We're usually beach people so this is a change for us. Hoping the transportation goes well as well!

We are here now, haven't had time to log on, well, if I've had time I've been too exhausted, ha! We have two days left. I just want to pop in and say how much I love it. I'll post more when we are back, but it's been lovely just lovely at WL!

The mattresses are great, the bunk beds the most awesome thing ever! Our room has a pretty view of trees, walking path, and the top of the villas. Oh, and a bit of the path from the bus area to the lodge (which is beautiful at night, btw). I'll post the room number after I'm home. This room also only has one neighbor, the other side is the hallway to the rest of the south wing. It is relatively quiet except the occasional cow bells and service carts (cow bell I love....); I am torn between requesting high otter next time (I'm totally planning a next time!!!) or this again; this room is very private and I love it. The roasted beef sandwich from raising forks is divine, the kids love the pool and I love the hot tubs. We realize we are rope drop to 1-2ish people (at least at this crazy time) and are so happy to have WL to come home to. This has been a fantastic first visit, and WL has been a part of that! The only thing we don't love is the sometimes reallllllly long bus waits. We decided to take a taxi to AK tomorrow after seeing the huge crowd waiting for that bus this morning. OH, the boat ride back from MK is possibly my favorite thing here, in all of WDW! We go back to MK on Friday (our last day) and I'm looking forward to that last boat home in the afternoon.

I need a little nap before our whispering canyon dinner. See ya when I'm home!

What time is the 1st boat to MK?

According to the information on this thread, the boats to the Magic Kingdom begin operating 30 minutes prior to Magic Kingdoms opening. Although, when I was there last month I swear we could hear their horns every morning starting at 6am. :furious:

We are here now, haven't had time to log on, well, if I've had time I've been too exhausted, ha! We have two days left. I just want to pop in and say how much I love it. I'll post more when we are back, but it's been lovely just lovely at WL!

The mattresses are great, the bunk beds the most awesome thing ever! Our room has a pretty view of trees, walking path, and the top of the villas. Oh, and a bit of the path from the bus area to the lodge (which is beautiful at night, btw). I'll post the room number after I'm home. This room also only has one neighbor, the other side is the hallway to the rest of the south wing. It is relatively quiet except the occasional cow bells and service carts (cow bell I love....); I am torn between requesting high otter next time (I'm totally planning a next time!!!) or this again; this room is very private and I love it. The roasted beef sandwich from raising forks is divine, the kids love the pool and I love the hot tubs. We realize we are rope drop to 1-2ish people (at least at this crazy time) and are so happy to have WL to come home to. This has been a fantastic first visit, and WL has been a part of that! The only thing we don't love is the sometimes reallllllly long bus waits. We decided to take a taxi to AK tomorrow after seeing the huge crowd waiting for that bus this morning. OH, the boat ride back from MK is possibly my favorite thing here, in all of WDW! We go back to MK on Friday (our last day) and I'm looking forward to that last boat home in the afternoon.

Would you happen to see anything on bunk beds that have info on weight limit for bunk beds?

Hi we are coming over to WL for the 1st time in July (well 1st time to WDW) from the UK. We will be arriving mid afternoon jetlagged but trying to get onto florida timezone as quickly as we can. However we are likely to be awake very early on the 1st morning. What time is the 1st boat to MK?

Also I read somewhere that there is a 1st family thing where you get to hoist the flag over the hotel, how do you apply to do that?

thanks

Ian
Hi I'm from uk too. When you check in you can ask if you can be the flag raising family - how long are staying at WL ? The reason I ask is the longer you stay the more chance in being the flag family at the end of your trip, does that make sense?

Re jet lag, try and stay up as long as you can - don't eat a big meal . We always find that our second full day is when it hits us and we plan a chill day then ie a water park.

Just booked a courtyard view oct 16-24! So excited. We're usually beach people so this is a change for us. Hoping the transportation goes well as well!
Congratulations! I think you'll enjoy it, and if you miss the beach, WL has a bit of one on Bay Lake. ;)

7/3 to 7/17 1st time at WL (& Disney World as well)
Congratulations! You will have a few other people around to keep you company at that time, but you still should be able to find some peace and quiet at WL. A first WDW trip is so exciting, you will be amazed at how much is there.

That is so great to hear. I am glad you are having a great time. That room location sounds very nice. It is neat how you sometimes find that you really like a location that you might not have planned on requesting. Those boats to / from MK are so peaceful, we just love that ride, or any boat ride on Bay Lake.

According to the information on this thread, the boats to the Magic Kingdom begin operating 30 minutes prior to Magic Kingdoms opening. Although, when I was there last month I swear we could hear their horns every morning starting at 6am. :furious:
Hooooonk Hoooonk Hoooooonnnnkk... Yeah, you are close, as the Blue Flag boats that do the loop on Bay Lake start running at 6:45 AM. This would be an option if anyone is up earlier than the MK boats start running, you can always hop on a boat to CR and walk through there before walking over to MK. The early ADR buses are another (and quicker) early option to get to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter