• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For $190/night, should I book the WL? That's a good deal, right? I've never stayed here, but it sounds similar to my favorite resort (AKL) and I think my kids and husband would like it. I'm dragging my heels on this one, because I was kind of hoping to visit this resort on a Nov/Dec trip (which I know will be more expensive).

That sounds like a deal. WL is very similar to AKL since they were designed by the same architect. They both have nice quiet sitting areas throughout the resort. A major advantage of WL in our opinion is that it is located right on Bay Lake, which is beautiful and gives you boat transportation to MK as well as to CR and Fort Wilderness. Also being so close to MK you can take a bus and get there in 5 min. The pool and playground aren't quite as big or nice as AKL in our opinion, but have just been refurbished. The QS food location is smaller than Mara but still has great food. Overall we like things about both lodges as well, but prefer WL.

That sounds like a deal. WL is very similar to AKL since they were designed by the same architect. They both have nice quiet sitting areas throughout the resort. A major advantage of WL in our opinion is that it is located right on Bay Lake, which is beautiful and gives you boat transportation to MK as well as to CR and Fort Wilderness. Also being so close to MK you can take a bus and get there in 5 min. The pool and playground aren't quite as big or nice as AKL in our opinion, but have just been refurbished. The QS food location is smaller than Mara but still has great food. Overall we like things about both lodges as well, but prefer WL.

Thank you for the info! I thought they seemed similar and now I know why. I looove the quiet feel of the AKL, so I think I'm sold on trying this one. This'll be a short MK/water park focused trip, so this sounds perfect for that, too (with the boat transportation and small pool). Thanks again!

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

We just booked our next stay at the VWL, August 16-22! My wife's friends, who happen to be Disney freaks like the rest of us but somehow have never stayed on property, will be staying on property for the first time with us! We couldn't more excited! Who else will be around then????

Hi! Just booked our second stay at the lodge, our dates or 11/28-12/5. I am so excited to be heading back at Christmas time... the decorations are amazing!!

For $190/night, should I book the WL? That's a good deal, right? I've never stayed here, but it sounds similar to my favorite resort (AKL) and I think my kids and husband would like it. I'm dragging my heels on this one, because I was kind of hoping to visit this resort on a Nov/Dec trip (which I know will be more expensive).

That's a fantastic deal, for a fantastic resort.

And yes, WL is similar to AKL. They were designed by the same architect. Similar layout, similar atmosphere. WL doesn't have animals, but has a really relaxing boat to MK.

Anyone happen to know which rooms at WL have single sinks? It's important to us to have double sinks in our room.

That's a fantastic deal, for a fantastic resort.

And yes, WL is similar to AKL. They were designed by the same architect. Similar layout, similar atmosphere. WL doesn't have animals, but has a really relaxing boat to MK.

Since posting, I've read most of this thread, and I'm excited! I don't know why I was even considering the Polynesian (in another thread), because this one looks more my speed. Can't wait.

About to book a 2 day stay for memorial day weekend. :dogdance: has anyone been able to see the water parade from a courtyard view?

thanks!!

About to book a 2 day stay for memorial day weekend. :dogdance: has anyone been able to see the water parade from a courtyard view?

thanks!!
Almost any inner courtyard view room will have some view of the EWP. I'd add "inner courtyard" as a location request though so that you get a room overlooking the main pool and courtyard instead of the ones on the south side of the south wing that overlook the villas pool. The further East you are towards the end of the wings the less obstructed the view will be, although it will be off to the side of your balcony. Enjoy!

I have no idea the layout since I haven't been yet, but is the water parade view discussed above also for viewing Wishes? I'm not sure what direction the castle is! We are booked Courtyard with bunks. It says on MDE I can do an online checkin in 55 days but seems I should call. Mainly we want a view of the main pool/courtyard. Can't wait!

DIS Updates Reports:
As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same. Buses will run from 20-30 minutes before park opening to 1 hour after park closing. Other resorts can take a Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus from the resort before 2:00. After 2:00, they must go to Epcot and then transfer to a bus marked Typhoon Lagoon.

I have no idea the layout since I haven't been yet, but is the water parade view discussed above also for viewing Wishes? I'm not sure what direction the castle is! We are booked Courtyard with bunks. It says on MDE I can do an online checkin in 55 days but seems I should call. Mainly we want a view of the main pool/courtyard. Can't wait!

Make sure you check out page #1 of this thread to get yourself familiar with the resort. Just about everything you need to know will be on that first page. This is from the recreation post on page 1.

THE ELECTRICAL WATER PAGEANT performs every evening at 9:35 p.m. (weather permitting). Disney's Electrical Water Pageant stops in front of WL as it makes its way across Bay Lake. The 14 illuminated floats, accompanied by music, was created for the dedication of Disney's Polynesian Resort in October 1971. It can be viewed from courtyard rooms, the Club Level lounge, the dock for the Red Flag and Blue Flag boat launches and from the beach/marina area.

WISHES can be viewed from the following public locations at WL: The beach, (partially obstructed by BLT/CR), the dock for the Red Flag and Blue Flag boat launches and a partial view may be had from the observation deck located above the porte-cochère. The doors to the deck are located next to this room at the front of the resort:

We are at WL week of 6/22 for four days. I am interested in knowing more about movies outdoors for kids at WL. When is a schedule published? In June, what time do you think they'll show a movie? Are they every night in summer? Too crowded, or not too bad? I would think my kids would like to do this at least one evening and I'm hoping I don't have ADR preventing this each night. So far I have ADR on just two nights.
Just adding that the hyperlink to the monthly activity calendar, which has the movie schedule, is at the end of POST 1.

We will be at WL May 3-9th. So excited to take our kids to Disney for their first time!!! (DS 6, DD 4, DD2) :yay:
Congratulations! I'll log your dates in POST 1.

Friday cannot come soon enough. My motivation level here at work is at a 0. So looking forward to WL CL this weekend. If anyone has any requests, please let me know and I'll try my best to get photos or any information while I'm there.
It's FRIDAY! It's TIME! Hope you're having a magical vacation.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

We just booked our next stay at the VWL, August 16-22! My wife's friends, who happen to be Disney freaks like the rest of us but somehow have never stayed on property, will be staying on property for the first time with us! We couldn't more excited! Who else will be around then????
WOOHOO! The Lodgers' Log in POST 1 lists posters' upcoming stays. I'll add your dates to the Log and you're going to love staying on-property at VWL!

Hi! Just booked our second stay at the lodge, our dates or 11/28-12/5. I am so excited to be heading back at Christmas time... the decorations are amazing!!
The decorations are magical and I'll log your dates:)

Anyone happen to know which rooms at WL have single sinks? It's important to us to have double sinks in our room.
This is just a guess, but I would think that only the HA rooms might have one sink. I've never heard of any rooms with one sink at WL, except some suites.

Last May I had my first ever stay at WL (CL) for 2 nights before moving over to the GF - I ended up falling in love with WL, never have I felt so relaxed on vacation, I was genuinely sad to leave WL and move to the GF! For my upcoming trip I'm currently booked at the BC CL but seriously considering returning instead to the WL, giving up the convenience of walking into Epcot for somewhere I really felt at home. I know I can get a bus to Epcot but is it correct it goes via FW? Does this add a lot of time? I'm wondering if it's 'nicer' to get the boat or bus to MK and then hop on the monorail from the TTC? I'm also thinking would it be better to hire a car?

Last May I had my first ever stay at WL (CL) for 2 nights before moving over to the GF - I ended up falling in love with WL, never have I felt so relaxed on vacation, I was genuinely sad to leave WL and move to the GF! For my upcoming trip I'm currently booked at the BC CL but seriously considering returning instead to the WL, giving up the convenience of walking into Epcot for somewhere I really felt at home. I know I can get a bus to Epcot but is it correct it goes via FW? Does this add a lot of time? I'm wondering if it's 'nicer' to get the boat or bus to MK and then hop on the monorail from the TTC? I'm also thinking would it be better to hire a car?

The bus to Epcot generally takes a little over 20 minutes total, including the stop to pick up at FW. It is usually the quickest way to get there, but we found it to be more fun to catch the boat to CR, then Monorail to TTC and monorail to Epcot. This took longer, but was fun and we got to stop at CR on the way. On the way back to WL the bus was also shared with FW, but WL was the first stop.

Compared to staying at an Epcot resort these options both get you to the front side of Epcot, so another option is to take the Bus to HS and then walk or take the boat to the International Gateway side of Epcot. Again it isn't as fast, but can be fun if you want to explore along the way.

We're booked at the WL for our first stay! We're very excited. This thread has been immensely helpful. :)

That's a good deal - where did you find it? Dates? I've been looking and with the spring sale the price is still over $250 a night it looks like for mid to end of April.

That's a good deal - where did you find it? Dates? I've been looking and with the spring sale the price is still over $250 a night it looks like for mid to end of April.

I found it here! In the discounts section, I saw people discussing "magical deals" for Aug/Sep '15. I don't know anything about spring deals, besides Disney's. Have you looked into renting points?

My dates are: 9/5-9/8. I'm so excited! We'll add time on somewhere else, if they add earlier MNSSHP dates...

I found it here! In the discounts section, I saw people discussing "magical deals" for Aug/Sep '15. I don't know anything about spring deals, besides Disney's. Have you looked into renting points?

My dates are: 9/5-9/8. I'm so excited! We'll add time on somewhere else, if they add earlier MNSSHP dates...

Thanks for the info! I haven't been on the boards long and haven't looked at the discounts section. I've looked into renting points a little but not in depth. Are you staying in the villas then? We are aiming for a September trip next year or maybe once the new Avatar land opens in 2017. The WL is our favorite followed closely by the AKL. I also would like to stay at the Beach Club. Anyway, all of this planning has me wanting to go for a shorter trip - maybe to check out the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot. That and there is so much snow here that I really just want to get away - ha! That's how my April search started.

Hope you have a great trip! We would also like to check out MNSSHP!

The bus to Epcot generally takes a little over 20 minutes total, including the stop to pick up at FW. It is usually the quickest way to get there, but we found it to be more fun to catch the boat to CR, then Monorail to TTC and monorail to Epcot. This took longer, but was fun and we got to stop at CR on the way. On the way back to WL the bus was also shared with FW, but WL was the first stop.

Compared to staying at an Epcot resort these options both get you to the front side of Epcot, so another option is to take the Bus to HS and then walk or take the boat to the International Gateway side of Epcot. Again it isn't as fast, but can be fun if you want to explore along the way.

So to clarify, you can take a boat from Hollywood Studios to the back of Epcot, where the countries are located? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter